Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Draft:ESPN PREDICTS, ADAMS Day 1, McKnight Day 2 (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=17355)

skinsfan_nn 03-06-2007 05:12 PM

Draft:ESPN PREDICTS, ADAMS Day 1, McKnight Day 2

Just caught a video clip of what ESPN thinks the REDSKINS will do the first two days of the draft.

Day 1, Gaines Adams DE, Clemson
Day 2, Rhema McKnight WR, Norte Dame

Could be a possibility? Adams looks real strong. We sure could use the depth at Wide Reciever. I know McKnight is a well above average WR at college ranks.

Check out the video clip ESPN.com

RMSkins 03-06-2007 05:18 PM

Re: Draft:ESPN PREDICTS, ADAMS Day 1, McKnight Day 2

I don't know about Adams. I would much rather have Anderson or Branch, but if we trade down and Adams is the only one of those three left I would't mind it. As for Mcknight, I don't think we should spend our 5th pick on receiver I think we should look at the best OG available.

GMScud 03-06-2007 05:20 PM

[quote=skinsfan_nn;285057]Just caught a video clip of what ESPN thinks the REDSKINS will do the first two days of the draft.

Day 1, Gaines Adams DE, Clemson
Day 2, Rhema McKnight WR, Norte Dame

Could be a possibility? Adams looks real strong. We sure could use the depth at Wide Reciever. I know McKnight is a well above average WR at college ranks.

Check out the video clip ESPN.com[/quote]

I'd be happy with Adams or Alan Branch with that 6th pick, IF we keep it. All indications are we are attempting to trade down for more picks. There will still be some good pass rushers available late in the first round, like Jarvis Moss from Florida and Anthony Spencer from Purdue, and then with the extra pick(s) could add depth in the secondary and/or the O-line. I don't think WR is a route we need to go in the draft. We've already got 1-2-3 lined up with Moss, ARE, and Lloyd, plus we have a superior pass catching TE as well.

wilsowilso 03-06-2007 05:23 PM

I predict we take Billy "The Mack" Melish in the 5th JC "Big Shoes" McGillicuddy in the 6th and Boss "Fat Boy" Lemons in the 7th. Any pick predicted beyond the first two rounds has been pulled out of a hat.

That Guy 03-06-2007 07:12 PM

mcknight won't make it all the way to the 5th round. he's good enough that he'll go before then.

GiantsSuck703 03-06-2007 07:16 PM

[quote=That Guy;285098]mcknight won't make it all the way to the 5th round. he's good enough that he'll go before then.[/quote]

I wouldnt say that, he dropped way too many passes at Notre Dame and had a major knee injury just a year ago.

#56fanatic 03-07-2007 08:29 AM

Gaines Adams......just dont think he'll work out for us. I just think he is too small. I know about other DE in the league that may be his size that are pretty damn good, but we have a pass rushing end (CArter), we need a guy that can do both, rush the passer and play the run. I would go for Branch, then Anderson if we keep the 6th pick

diehardskin2982 03-07-2007 08:54 AM

why does espn keep thinking we are in the market for a wr? we have bigger concerns!

SkinEmAll 03-07-2007 09:07 AM

Cause everyone their is a moron! well except for one person we know.:)

SmootSmack 03-07-2007 09:32 AM

[QUOTE=diehardskin2982;285352]why does espn keep thinking we are in the market for a wr? we have bigger concerns![/QUOTE]

Who's been saying that? I've only heard Todd McShay from Scout.com say that we may go after one late

skinsfan69 03-07-2007 04:03 PM

Does anyone know anything about the DE from Nebraska? I believe his name is Carriker? He's like 6'6 290. Plays both the run and the pass very well. Sounds like he's right up our alley and we could move down to the middle of the 1st and get him.

skinsfan69 03-07-2007 04:05 PM

[quote=#56fanatic;285347]Gaines Adams......just dont think he'll work out for us. I just think he is too small. I know about other DE in the league that may be his size that are pretty damn good, but we have a pass rushing end (CArter), we need a guy that can do both, rush the passer and play the run. I would go for Branch, then Anderson if we keep the 6th pick[/quote]

I don't like Adams either. We are already getting killed with highway 99 on the right side. Another small pass rushing end is not going to cut it in the NFC East.

skinsfan69 03-07-2007 04:07 PM

[quote=diehardskin2982;285352]why does espn keep thinking we are in the market for a wr? we have bigger concerns![/quote]

Because we don't have a legit red zone threat. And sorry but Lloyd and Randle El didn't cut it last year. We need more production from the WR's. Hopefully they will improve this year.

That Guy 03-07-2007 05:50 PM

[quote=skinsfan69;285576]Does anyone know anything about the DE from Nebraska? I believe his name is Carriker? He's like 6'6 290. Plays both the run and the pass very well. Sounds like he's right up our alley and we could move down to the middle of the 1st and get him.[/quote]

not very fast, but huge. i wouldn't have any issue with him, he's a late 1st rounder right now. I think okoye is a better player though if we have a shot at him (and extremely smart to boot).

skinsfan_nn 03-08-2007 01:05 PM

Another mock draft pick order:
* NDINGS
* STATS
* TEAMS
* PLAYERS
* INJURIES
* RUMORS
* PLAYOFFS
* Fantasy

Mock draft No. 3
Mock draft No. 3
By John Murphy, Yahoo! Sports
March 7, 2007

John Murphy
Yahoo! Sports

Our third installment of the mock draft shows how much one week of free agency can change the outlook and fortunes of so many players. The domino effect of one player jumping up or down NFL draft boards will become even more evident between this version of how the first round could play out and the one that will be submitted later this month.

So with a little more than seven weeks to go until the Oakland Raiders officially go on the clock, here's how the first 32 picks are shaping up.

Oakland 1. Oakland Raiders – JaMarcus Russell, quarterback, LSU. Yet to make a move on adding a new quarterback, although dealing disgruntled former All-Pro wide receiver Randy Moss could open the door for a late move by Calvin Johnson to the top spot. Let's face it: How likely are the Raiders to pass on a 4.3 (40-yard dash) wide receiver with that kind of size and production if quarterback isn't the most pressing need? They still could make a move for a signal caller, especially if Houston's David Carr becomes available.

Detroit 2. Detroit Lions – Joe Thomas, offensive tackle, Wisconsin. This will become the most hotly contested spot in the top 10 for anyone looking to make a deal. If the Lions are not sold on Thomas being a definite left tackle prospect – he has shorter than ideal arm length – and know they could slide down a few spots in order to secure the services of one of the top pass rushers, it could be a wild 15 minutes on the clock. The results of Arkansas defensive lineman Jamaal Anderson's pro day could influence their final decision. But with free agent Dewayne White on board, they could shift their attention to cornerback, linebacker or even back to taking Brady Quinn.

ADVERTISEMENT
Cleveland 3. Cleveland Browns – Adrian Peterson, running back, Oklahoma. Adding a playmaker of this type makes a whole lot of sense considering the money they spent on guard Eric Steinbach. Although they still need to address their defensive line, an impact guy like Peterson is too much to pass on. It would be very interesting to see what would happen if the Raiders take Brady Quinn because Browns general manager Phil Savage has known and followed the career of fellow Mobile, Ala., native JaMarcus Russell for nearly his entire life.

Tampa Bay 4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Calvin Johnson, wide receiver, Georgia Tech. This is one of the smartest picks on the board as they have added a veteran signal caller (Jeff Garcia), strengthened the left side of their offensive line and restructured the contract of veteran speedster Joey Galloway. Johnson would be a perfect complement to their offense, but if he comes off the board No. 1 overall, it is very possible the Bucs would deal down with a team looking for one of the quarterbacks as they have to address their defensive line early in this draft as well.

Arizona 5. Arizona Cardinals – Jamaal Anderson, defensive lineman, Arkansas. Both VP of football operations Rod Graves and head coach Ken Whisenhunt share the belief that you go after the best player on the board. If Thomas is removed from the equation, it is hard to believe they would just squeeze the next best tackle on the board into this pick. They have a need to secure the services of a playmaker to line up opposite pass rusher Bertrand Berry. Opposing offensive coordinators would be unable to double-team both Berry and Anderson, who fits the profile of being this year's version of Mario Williams – a pass rusher whose stock suddenly rose as the draft approached.

Washington 6. Washington Redskins – Gaines Adams, defensive end, Clemson. The Redskins have addressed their needs at middle linebacker and cornerback with veteran free agents, so the next issue is finding a pass rusher to complement those additions. Adams is a pure edge rusher with very good speed and the ability to add instant credibility to a front four that struggled to make plays a year ago

Counter-Tre 03-08-2007 03:37 PM

Still pulling for Alan Branch personally.

70Chip 03-08-2007 09:53 PM

Isn't Gaines Adams 6' 6"? Plenty of room for fifteen more pounds. When I quit smoking last year I gained 30 lbs in a month. Alan Branch gained 30 lbs last weekend. A man of Adams size should be at 280 before camp even starts. No problem. I still hope they trade the pick, though.

That Guy 03-09-2007 04:29 AM

man, the editors staff at espn is sucking lately. they said we'd take mcknight with a 4th round pick multiple times on the video (we don't have a 4th rounder - which REALLY makes you trust the guy giving advice as an expert :P ).

also, the said the seahawks just gave deon grant the 3rd largest contract for a safety in the NFL, "giving him a six-year deal [B]worth more than $30 million a year[/B]."

so, which other safeties are making 30$mill a year? and where do i sign up?

skinsfan_nn 03-22-2007 12:29 PM

[url=http://nfl.com/draft/story/10080191]NFL.com - NFL News[/url]

GhettoDogAllStars 03-22-2007 12:34 PM

[QUOTE=That Guy;286212]man, the editors staff at espn is sucking lately. they said we'd take mcknight with a 4th round pick multiple times on the video (we don't have a 4th rounder - which REALLY makes you trust the guy giving advice as an expert :P ).

also, the said the seahawks just gave deon grant the 3rd largest contract for a safety in the NFL, "giving him a six-year deal [B]worth more than $30 million a year[/B]."

so, which other safeties are making 30$mill a year? and where do i sign up?[/QUOTE]

Dang. So unless he signed for 3 years, or less, that means he gets paid more than Peyton Manning. He must be some kinda safety, to be the highest paid player in NFL history! :)