Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   5 Hour Energy Drink: Chaser (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=17430)

TheMalcolmConnection 03-12-2007 10:42 AM

5 Hour Energy Drink: Chaser

Anyone had this? I'm not a spring chicken anymore and am going down to UT to party in a few weeks and need something extra to keep me up. Talked to GNC and they said it's INSANE and you feel weird for about 10-15 minutes before you settle into your groove.

Want to know some more before I try it because I'd rather not get sick one of my few nights back partying in a college town...

Summo 03-12-2007 10:46 AM

Re: 5 Hour Energy Drink: Chaser

25 is not considered a Spring Chicken anymore :confused:

mredskins 03-12-2007 10:51 AM

That was my thought also.

TheMalcolmConnection 03-12-2007 10:52 AM

Yes, I say that because I feel like a big pansy when I hang out with my friends who are still in or just graduated college. Since I live with my fiancee now, we go to bed at like 11 and it makes me feel like a wuss.

Hog1 03-12-2007 11:05 AM

[quote=TheMalcolmConnection;287008]Yes, I say that because I feel like a big pansy when I hang out with my friends who are still in or just graduated college. Since I live with my fiancee now, we go to bed at like 11 and it makes me feel like a wuss.[/quote]

WUSS!

I keep hearing the ads, but have not been able to find it!

TheMalcolmConnection 03-12-2007 11:10 AM

I found it at GNC sitting on the checkout counter. I just read you get jittery as HELL for about 20 minutes then it calms down and you're pumped all night.

Schneed10 03-12-2007 11:10 AM

[quote=TheMalcolmConnection;287008]Yes, I say that because I feel like a big pansy when I hang out with my friends who are still in or just graduated college. Since I live with my fiancee now, we go to bed at like 11 and it makes me feel like a wuss.[/quote]

Wait till you have a baby. You sleep when the baby sleeps, or you never sleep at all!

9:00 pm is my bedtime!

TheMalcolmConnection 03-12-2007 11:10 AM

I don't want a baby. I get around my friend's children and I get all upset.

724Skinsfan 03-12-2007 11:24 AM

[quote=Schneed10;287014]Wait till you have a baby. You sleep when the baby sleeps, or you never sleep at all!

9:00 pm is my bedtime![/quote]

Once I stayed up untill 9:38...once!

Monkeydad 03-12-2007 12:27 PM

I'd like to see someone drink a 6-pack of it.

I'm not doing it though. :D

dmek25 03-12-2007 12:48 PM

christ, if i just listened to you, tmc, i would think you are in your 40's. come on, man up

TheMalcolmConnection 03-12-2007 12:53 PM

My fiancee is dragging down my stay-up-late habits. I still live in college and love to party, she just goes to bed early and needs to be "held".

FRPLG 03-12-2007 01:40 PM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection;287056]My fiancee is dragging down my stay-up-late habits. I still live in college and love to party, she just goes to bed early and needs to be "held".[/QUOTE]

You gotta be kidding me.

Daseal 03-12-2007 05:33 PM

Its cool man, I'll hold her while you party!

dall-assblows 03-12-2007 07:53 PM

[quote=724Skinsfan;287016]Once I stayed up untill 9:38...once![/quote]

you are a total badass

dall-assblows 03-12-2007 07:55 PM

[quote=Daseal;287207]Its cool man, I'll hold her while you party![/quote]

i call second

paulskinsfan 03-12-2007 09:25 PM

I didn't like it man, made me feel queazy. The best thing ever when I was in college was ephedra, you could take one and party for several more hours. Then dumbasses started taking like 4-5 of them at a time and dying and shit. Just like Stacker 2, that stuff kicked ass and you lost a ton of weight, then folks took triple the dosage and went out to exercise, next thing ya know you can't buy em anymore.

Im 34 and occassionally I'll try and hang with my younger friends, best thing Ive found is Red Bull.

dall-assblows 03-12-2007 09:53 PM

i drank all 4 redbulls in 5 mins. my buddy gave me 20 bucks.

let me tell you.......i was shaking and having heat flashes and shit.

i could not fall asleep even if i wanted to.

but it was all worth it for 20 bucks

TheMalcolmConnection 03-13-2007 08:28 AM

[quote=paulskinsfan;287266]I didn't like it man, made me feel queazy. The best thing ever when I was in college was ephedra, you could take one and party for several more hours. Then dumbasses started taking like 4-5 of them at a time and dying and shit. Just like Stacker 2, that stuff kicked ass and you lost a ton of weight, then folks took triple the dosage and went out to exercise, next thing ya know you can't buy em anymore.

Im 34 and occassionally I'll try and hang with my younger friends, best thing Ive found is Red Bull.[/quote]

Awesome. Thanks for the advice. It might just be me, but Red Bull doesn't affect me. I'll drink a shit pile of them and barely feel a buzz. I remember Stacker 2 back in the day as well. It would make my heart feel all weird all day. Even though it made you feel queasy, did you get some energy off it?

paulskinsfan 03-13-2007 08:50 AM

Yeah, I guess I got some energy, but it just made me feel wierd. I didn't mix it with alcohol, just had one when I was tired. Some people like it. It can't hurt to try one before you go to party, stuff tastes like ass though, IMO.

TheMalcolmConnection 03-13-2007 08:58 AM

HA! I also definitely heard that. I might just have half the bottle and see how I react to it with a few beers in me and then drink the other half if I'm doing alright.

SkinEmAll 03-13-2007 09:31 AM

Yeah thats a good idea. Do a trial run this weekend at home and see how it goes. I think mixing the two could be bad if you plan on really drinking alot to get wasted, but maybe not so bad if your drinking at a good pace just to get that good buzz but not sh!tfaced.

Monkeydad 03-13-2007 09:53 AM

Here's an idea.

Brew a pot of coffee, but instead of water, use this Energy drink stuff.

Drink the pot.

Report back on the results, if you can. :)

dmek25 03-13-2007 12:08 PM

is Malcolm like the human guinea pig?

TheMalcolmConnection 03-13-2007 12:59 PM

Yes. If you don't hear from me after this weekend, an eternal good morning to you dmek.

ArtMonkDrillz 03-13-2007 01:09 PM

Why don't you just man up and stop being such a pussy? You're drinking, not running a goddamn marathon.

What the **** happened to the Delta I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? [I]"Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Bluto, we might get in trouble." [/I]Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer...

...sorry, I stole that part from Animal House

ArtMonkDrillz 03-13-2007 01:12 PM

Oh, and if you have a few weeks before you go down there, just rebuild your tolerance. Drink more and more each night, and try to see how long you can stay up and find out the least amount of sleep you need to function.
Wake up early and start pounding beers, then stop for awhile until the hangover kicks in and then start drinking again. It's tough, but it's the only way.
I might not be able to take a bunch of shots in a row or pound a 30 pack of beer without puking, but I've been known to go on weekend long binges like they're nothing. Stick to my methods and you'll get through this!

Schneed10 03-13-2007 01:17 PM

[quote=ArtMonkDrillz;287438]Oh, and if you have a few weeks before you go down there, just rebuild your tolerance. Drink more and more each night, and try to see how long you can stay up and find out the least amount of sleep you need to function.
Wake up early and start pounding beers, then stop for awhile until the hangover kicks in and then start drinking again. It's tough, but it's the only way.
I might not be able to take a bunch of shots in a row or pound a 30 pack of beer without puking, but I've been known to go on weekend long binges like they're nothing. Stick to my methods and you'll get through this![/quote]

Now if you can only provide instructions on how to get through the 12 steps of AA...

And I don't mean Adam Archuleta!

ArtMonkDrillz 03-13-2007 01:22 PM

[QUOTE=Schneed10;287440]Now if you can only provide instructions on how to get through the 12 steps of AA...

And I don't mean Adam Archuleta![/QUOTE]
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying someone should do this every weekend or, God forbid, every day. I'm just saying that it's reassuring to know that you are capable of such a feet every once in awhile. I'm in the age group of frequent bachelor parties, weddings, tailgating weekends (between college and pro games), and random reunion-type events, so I [I]need[/I] to be able to drink for long periods of time without passing out.
Also, the key is definitely [B]pacing.[/B] You can't go out there and try to be a hero, but you can be the first person to crack open a beer and the last one to go to sleep if you so desire.

Plus, AA is for quitters.

Schneed10 03-13-2007 01:23 PM

[quote=ArtMonkDrillz;287442]Plus, AA is for quitters.[/quote]

LOL! That quote is pure genius.

ArtMonkDrillz 03-13-2007 01:26 PM

[QUOTE=Schneed10;287443]LOL! That quote is pure genius.[/QUOTE]I wish I could take credit for it but I probably saw it on a t-shirt or somethi... I mean, yeah, I came up with it all on my own.

dmek25 03-13-2007 01:26 PM

[quote=TheMalcolmConnection;287433]Yes. If you don't hear from me after this weekend, an eternal good morning to you dmek.[/quote]
right back at cha

TheMalcolmConnection 03-13-2007 01:50 PM

When it comes to drinking, I can do that like it's nobody's business. The only PROBLEM is how long I can stay up. I guess if I'm having fun, I know that I'll stay up to at least four or five AM.

It's been far too long that I've saluted a sunrise with nothing but a beer and only underwear on.

724Skinsfan 03-13-2007 02:00 PM

Just take a power nap at like 3:00 pm (or whenever you can squeeze in 20 minutes), but definitely don't let anyone know that you did. That is punishable by extreme measures limited only by the offended party's imagination.

jbcjr14 03-13-2007 02:05 PM

Come on???? 25 and you can't pull an all nighter? I am 37 and can still do that on occassion! No I am not proud, but I can hang with the young ones at the UT tailgates and into the wee hours of a Sunday morning after a home victory.

Pace yourself!!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!

TheMalcolmConnection 03-13-2007 02:15 PM

It's not even that I CAN'T do it physically. It's mainly because my weekend light is extremely lame often and we end up coming home from the bars at midnight.

And unless I'm getting some, I don't want to sit around and drink by myself so I go to bed.

BDBohnzie 03-13-2007 02:42 PM

Ahhh, the life of a whipped individual. However, I shouldn't talk because I'm the same way, and my Saturday nights usually consist of the wife and I asleep before midnight.

TMC - Don't sweat it. Drinking is like riding a bicycle. Once you get back on, it's like you never stopped...

TheMalcolmConnection 03-13-2007 03:28 PM

It's not about drinking fellas. It's all about staying up. Those of you who have drank with me can attest that putting down beer after beer is no problem, it's staying up past midnight to put down even more that's the problem.

Again though, I think it's because I go to sleep out of boredom. I'm not tired while we're at the bar. I'm not tired while we're at parties and I'm not tired when I'm drinking with guy friends.

My fiancee and I need to have a chat. HA.

724Skinsfan 03-13-2007 03:35 PM

TMC, staying awake while drinking with good friends is simple mind control. Keep telling yourself that your friends will put you through visual imagery hell by taking photos of your sound asleep self in the most compromised of comprising positions and post them on some website for all (including your fiancee) to see. This fear and paranoia will keep you awake, in fact you'll probably be the last one asleep. You can do it. In fact, JUST DO IT!!!

TheMalcolmConnection 03-13-2007 04:27 PM

[IMG]http://dyestatcal.com/image/4xc/December/04FLWest/Images/DCasper2/thumbnails/Lawrence-JUST%20DO%20IT-win_jpg.jpg[/IMG]