Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I don't want Branch (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=17495)

paulskinsfan 03-17-2007 08:46 PM

I don't want Branch

When I read about Branch DT from Michigan, at first I thought he was just what we needed. A HUGE DT to clog up the middle. But the more I hear about this guy, the less I like him. This guy never really performed at a high level in college, so Im really really leery of drafting him, because if you don't perform in college, isn't it safe to say you won't perform in the NFL? Check out the link below to see his proday workout. Drade down Skins, trade down!

[URL="http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm"]ProFootballTalk.com -- The Best Pro Football Scoop on the Internet[/URL]

Pocket$ $traight 03-17-2007 09:42 PM

Re: I don't want Branch

Well Michigan was one of the best run defenses in division one last year. I am not going to give up on an athletic 330 pounder because of a glorified version of rock paper scissors.

I want production, not sizzle.

dmek25 03-17-2007 09:44 PM

i am not high on branch, but cant say its an educated thing. i only saw him once this season, in Michigan's bowl game. very lackluster, got pushed around by smaller men , and looked lazy at times

EARTHQUAKE2689 03-17-2007 10:12 PM

[quote=dmek25;288786]i am not high on branch, but cant say its an educated thing. i only saw him once this season, in Michigan's bowl game. very lackluster, got pushed around by smaller men , and looked lazy at times[/quote]

i am like this

55% - Gaines Adams
20% - Laron Landry
5% - jamaal anderson
15% - amobi okye
5% - alan branch

dmek25 03-17-2007 10:38 PM

thats sweet how you broke it down. how did you come up with the numbers?

CooleyFan47 03-17-2007 10:48 PM

I think Branch could turn out to be a monumental bust. Sure he played DT for one of the best run defenses in the nation, but that wasnt all because of one man. His entire defense was superb, having some of the best linebackers, and arguably the best corner in Leon Hall.

The fact is, Michigan often jumped out to the lead forcing other teams to throw more often. His pro day is evidence that he cant cut it in the pros. He's got the size, but not the drive.

djnemo65 03-17-2007 11:09 PM

[QUOTE=Grim21Reaper;288785]Well Michigan was one of the best run defenses in division one last year. I am not going to give up on an athletic 330 pounder because of a glorified version of rock paper scissors.

[B]I want production, not sizzle[/B].[/QUOTE]

I think that's the point. Branch has chronically underperformed. He fits the mold of a prototypical NFL DT, and thats why he is so high on many boards, but if you look at his record in college he has not always achieved on a level consistent with his abilities.

GiantsSuck703 03-17-2007 11:10 PM

[quote=CooleyFan47;288799]I think Branch could turn out to be a monumental bust. Sure he played DT for one of the best run defenses in the nation, but that wasnt all because of one man. His entire defense was superb, having some of the best linebackers, and arguably the best corner in Leon Hall.

The fact is, Michigan often jumped out to the lead forcing other teams to throw more often. His pro day is evidence that he cant cut it in the pros. He's got the size, but not the drive.[/quote]

Im sorry but i dont agree with you at all. He was the center piece on a defense that allowed 49.3 rush yards per game, also isnt Leon Hall the same guy who got absolutely embarrased Ted Ginn and Dewayne Jarrett, I wouldnt consider a guy who got burned everytime he played someone with talent the best corner, I think thats reserved for Darrell Revis. I dont care about workouts, we have Mike Mamula as evidence for how much the combine actually means, he dominated this year and your not rated the top prospect at your position by being average all year, he was far from average. Alan Branch is going to dominate at the next level, he would change our run defense for the better the day he was drafted.

Crazyhorse1 03-18-2007 12:10 AM

[quote=dmek25;288786]i am not high on branch, but cant say its an educated thing. i only saw him once this season, in Michigan's bowl game. very lackluster, got pushed around by smaller men , and looked lazy at times[/quote]

It was that game that disillusioned me about Branch. I expected to see a superstar and the guy did zip. Tackled no one, didn't penetrate, didn't require special blocking that I could see. Maybe I missed something. I don't have the best TV in the world.

Crazyhorse1 03-18-2007 12:12 AM

[quote=EARTHQUAKE2689;288788]i am like this

55% - Gaines Adams
20% - Laron Landry
5% - jamaal anderson
15% - amobi okye
5% - alan branch[/quote]

I'm like this:

Okoye 51%
Adams 49%

wilsowilso 03-18-2007 12:23 AM

Branch is the last player I want for us. When so many sources say the same thing which is he might not have so much heart I say let that fat boy fall down the draft board.

That Guy 03-18-2007 08:28 AM

okoye or gamble on a DE if there's no trade down. the only non DL i'd consider is CJ, which isn't happening.

andtz0 03-18-2007 12:07 PM

Anderson > Okye > Adams > Branch

MTK 03-18-2007 12:12 PM

I'm not high on Branch either. He sounds too much like another Fat Daddy. An oversized but talented DT that's lazy.

theJBexperience 03-18-2007 12:34 PM

Any word on whether or FO likes him though? Wasn't he high on their list at one point?