Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   NFL Draft Countdown has the Skins taking Carriker (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=17500)

skinzaholic73 03-19-2007 03:49 PM

Re: NFL Draft Countdown has the Skins taking Carriker

I myself would prefer Okoye but Carriker would great too.

MTK 03-19-2007 04:08 PM

I don't see him going in the top 10.

I do like his size, but he's not a dominant speed rusher. Scouts Inc. says he'll be best suited as a DE in a 3-4 D or in a DT/DE rotation in a 4-3.

Longtimefan 03-19-2007 04:34 PM

We certainly wish there was a few Julius Peppers types in the draft to make our selection a little easier. I agree it's not likely we would take him at #6.Maybe if we trade down they may have an interest in him as a later round selection.

freddyg12 03-19-2007 05:46 PM

If he's just above avg. as a pass rusher but very solid vs. the run, he would be a good fit. Carter is our best rusher but weak vs. the run. We need a DE that's solid on all downs. If that's Anderson then I'm all for him if we go DE.

I think Okoye might be a special player. I would love to see us trade down, grab him and get a couple young de's and guards in the draft.

rvd420 03-19-2007 05:47 PM

i think we'll trade down with denver.

RedskinPete 03-19-2007 05:56 PM

[QUOTE=rypper11;289024]I really want Anderson. He's not just a pass rusher he can also string out a run and has good technique. And it's not just Quinn that teams are wanting to trade up for. Denver really wants the 6 pick and they just took Cutler last year.[/QUOTE] I am with you on Anderson! But I know we will go another way. Like last year when we signed Arch not Chris Hope!

RedskinPete 03-19-2007 05:57 PM

[QUOTE=freddyg12;289092]If he's just above avg. as a pass rusher but very solid vs. the run, he would be a good fit. Carter is our best rusher but weak vs. the run. We need a DE that's solid on all downs. If that's Anderson then I'm all for him if we go DE.

I think Okoye might be a special player. I would love to see us trade down, grab him and get a couple young de's and guards in the draft.[/QUOTE] Okoye would be my second choice! After Anderson!

rvd420 03-19-2007 05:59 PM

i say charles johnson.

That Guy 03-19-2007 07:24 PM

charles johnson would let you trade down into the late first or possibly the early to mid 2nd. obviously his chances of being a stud are lower, but he'd be a decent choice if we had to choose from the 2nd tier of DL talent.

STPainmaker 03-19-2007 09:26 PM

I've seen Carriker as our pick on several on line mock drafts and it doesn't really add up.

1. He's a better fit for a 3-4 DE.
2. Not good value at 6th pick
3. We want a pass rushing DE
4. Although he may be able to play tackle. There are better tackle prospects.

I think the guys who made up these mock drafts through in Carriker for us because we have need at DE and DT and this guy may be able to play both positions. I don't think he really satisfies either need for us.

Big C 03-19-2007 09:43 PM

isnt 6 too high for #6? plus will he be a good nfl pass rusher?

Crazyhorse1 03-20-2007 04:19 PM

[quote=RMSkins;288859][URL="http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html"]NFL Draft Countdown - 2007 NFL Mock Draft[/URL]

I heard we're interested in him, but is he really worth the #6 overall, or we could probably still get him with a mid 1st rounder.[/quote]

I would not be surprised if we traded down and took him little later than #6. Also, I would not be shocked if we took him at #6. He's truly a monster and could get to 310 or so without losing speed (4.90). He's a champion lifter and cut. Last year he put on ten pounds by weight room work to 295 and actually increased his speed. He's a great DE against the run and got a lot of sacks in college by shedding blockers (he was often double teamed.) He got 16.5 sacks in two year and had huge number of stops in the backfield. Against fewer blockers in the pros his sack total per game will probably go up, rather than down. He would, in effect, give us both a rusher and a run stopper in the same package, which neither Adams, Anderson. Branch, or Okoye would do.
He might be the strongest guy in the draft and his intangibles are rated exceptionally high. He's also one of the most frighteningly ugly guys I've ever seen-- looks a lot like Frankenstein. He could wind up being as feared as ST.

That Guy 03-20-2007 05:08 PM

carriker could probably be like aaron kampman. slow white guy that just gets it done. kampman gets tons of tackles AND tons of sacks without 4.6 speed.

number21isabadman 03-21-2007 03:18 AM

He might not have the 4.6 speed of say adams but he is also an inch and 40 pounds heavier than him and stronger. If we trade down, which i hope we do, this guy would be an excellent selection, but probley couldnt get him past the first 15 picks. I am also very interested in laRon landry, move taylor to strong safety and have landy as free, with his 4.3 speed and fearce hitting would be a big upgrade back to a dominant defense.