Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Darrell Russell (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=1756)

sportscurmudgeon 07-19-2004 07:16 PM

Please recall how Darrell Russell got here in the first place. He came off his suspension in mid-season and the Skins needed a DT bad. Problem is they got a bad DT.

But the way they got him was that the Redskins did a "complete background check on him". That's what Danny Boy said the day they signed him. He was out of shape and there was no real competition to get him in the league but Danny Boy and Vinnie signed him and said he was "good to go".

Now pretend you are a player or coach; you've been around this team for a while and have seen how Danny Boy ran the show and dealt with people who didn't do what he wanted done. You are at the Christmas Party at Danny Boy's house and Darrell Russell (the guy who Danny Boy brought in and delcared was clean as a whistle) is pounding down drinks like Rosie O'Donnell at a Krispy Kreme bakery.

Would you step up and say something if Danny Boy or Vinnie didn't?

Remember, you have a potential double whammy. Russell might go postal on you or Danny Boy might fire your ass. I wonder why they all sang "Silent Night"?

MTK 07-19-2004 07:39 PM

I think they all knew Russell wasn't going to be around for long, so why bother saying anything to him?

skinsfanthru&thru 07-19-2004 11:00 PM

cuz its the right thing to do, to look out for the welfare of others especially those with a lot to lose or those not possesing the most sound mental capicities. that's how I would look at it.

That Guy 07-19-2004 11:36 PM

in my experience, he probably would have just blown you off, wanting to help and being able to - unfortunately - are different things... couldn't hurt to offer i guess, unless it'd set him off.

SmootSmack 07-19-2004 11:56 PM

Maybe the team official was Steve "F-- this. I'm gone anyway" Spurrier. And maybe the player was Jermaine Haley, battling Russell for playing time.

Haley: "Hey DR, let me get you another drink man"
Russell: "I don't know J-Hale, I think I might be violating my probation"
Haley: "Man you crazy! Here have some ecstasy with the Johnnie Walker, that'll calm you down"
Russell: "Anybody seen my video camera?"

itvnetop 07-20-2004 12:38 AM

ROTFLMAO!

BrudLee 07-20-2004 01:26 PM

[QUOTE=smootsmack]Maybe the team official was Steve "F-- this. I'm gone anyway" Spurrier. And maybe the player was Jermaine Haley, battling Gardener for playing time.

Haley: "Hey DG, let me get you another drink man"
Gardener: "I don't know J-Hale, I think I might be violating my probation"
Haley: "Man you crazy! Here have some ecstasy with the Johnnie Walker, that'll calm you down"
Gardener: "Anybody seen my video camera?"[/QUOTE]

Great joke, but you've got the wrong whack-job DT. Easy mistake to make with this team - we've signed every DT fresh out of rehab or the loony-bin we can find.

SmootSmack 07-20-2004 01:32 PM

Good catch Brud. I've made the correction

Now back to our show. Be sure to tip your waitress

Redskins_P 07-20-2004 01:41 PM

I picture Russell being more of Hennessy guy instead JW.

SmootSmack 07-20-2004 01:45 PM

Originally I had put Hennessy, but I changed to JW as a nod to my main man JWSleep