Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Jeremiah Trotter Signs with iggles! (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/1759-jeremiah-trotter-signs-with-iggles.html)

backrow 07-14-2004 02:16 PM

Jeremiah Trotter Signs with iggles!

Trotter finally signs...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the iggles...

[url]http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/h...il.jsp?id=12384[/url]

BossHog 07-14-2004 02:35 PM

I hate the to see PHI get better by signing any good player. And Trotter looks much more intimidating in Eagle green.

PSUskinsfan11 07-14-2004 03:22 PM

I knew this would happen. We should have traded him for a 7th round pick to the Texans or something just to get him the hell out of our division!!!!!

BrudLee 07-14-2004 04:07 PM

You guys are assuming he's going to see any playing time.

I hope Andy Reid gave him a Diet Coke to help him swallow all that pride...

Riggo44 07-14-2004 04:44 PM

[QUOTE=PSUskinsfan11]I knew this would happen. We should have traded him for a 7th round pick to the Texans or something just to get him the hell out of our division!!!!![/QUOTE]
I agree!! Watch next year he will be healthy and get over a hundred tackles in his sleep. I hope not but I won't be suprised if Trotter has a really good year. :frusty:

hurrykaine 07-14-2004 05:04 PM

"I hope not but I won't be suprised if Trotter has a really good year."

IMHO, barring injury to Simoneau, who is pencilled in as the starter at middle linebacker, Trotter will not get much playing time.

Carnage 07-14-2004 05:15 PM

[QUOTE=PSUskinsfan11]I knew this would happen. We should have traded him for a 7th round pick to the Texans or something just to get him the hell out of our division!!!!![/QUOTE]
This is silly, no one was going to assume that contract. If we could have, why would'nt we have?

That Guy 07-14-2004 05:44 PM

corrected link:
[url="http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/homeNewsDetail.jsp?id=12384"]http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/homeNewsDetail.jsp?id=12384[/url]

PSUskinsfan11 07-14-2004 06:44 PM

[QUOTE=Carnage]This is silly, no one was going to assume that contract. If we could have, why would'nt we have?[/QUOTE]

they signed him for less than a million for one year

Carnage 07-14-2004 08:23 PM

Right...because we cut him, to trade him, another team would have to assume the numbers on the contract we were paying him.

Riggo44 07-14-2004 08:33 PM

[QUOTE=hurrykaine]"I hope not but I won't be suprised if Trotter has a really good year."

IMHO, barring injury to Simoneau, who is pencilled in as the starter at middle linebacker, Trotter will not get much playing time.[/QUOTE]

Well see. Get back to me in Oct... :cool-smil

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 07-14-2004 11:28 PM

I didn't like cutting Trotter then and I still don't. First of all, we never saw his potential because our dline sucked so bad that he couldn't use his talents. Arrington was able to avoid such a problem because he is much faster and can elude blocking Olinemen when faced with a rushing attack. Second, he had over 100 tackles in his first year with the 'Skins even though he missed 4 games. Third, he led the team in tackles last year despite the fact that he was still recovering from a catastrophic knee injury. Fourth, we're going to take a massive cap hit next year. Fifth, he's 27, Barrow's what 106? Fifth, he had a solid work ethic a good character. Sixth, I'm sick and tired of our constant roster turnover. Seventh, I remember that he had some really solid [I][I]games [/I] [/I] (one in Week 1 against the Jets and two in Week 17 against the Eagles) and had only a few really bad [I]plays[/I].

offiss 07-15-2004 12:06 AM

[QUOTE=Ramseyfan]I didn't like cutting Trotter then and I still don't. First of all, we never saw his potential because our dline sucked so bad that he couldn't use his talents. Arrington was able to avoid such a problem because he is much faster and can elude blocking Olinemen when faced with a rushing attack. Second, he had over 100 tackles in his first year with the 'Skins even though he missed 4 games. Third, he led the team in tackles last year despite the fact that he was still recovering from a catastrophic knee injury. Fourth, we're going to take a massive cap hit next year. Fifth, he's 27, Barrow's what 106? Fifth, he had a solid work ethic a good character. Sixth, I'm sick and tired of our constant roster turnover. Seventh, I remember that he had some really solid [I][I]games [/I] [/I] (one in Week 1 against the Jets and two in Week 17 against the Eagles) and had only a few really bad [I]plays[/I].[/QUOTE]

RF what happened did you run out of number's? :rofl: I happen to agree with you on most point's, Trotter was never used correctly, and let's face it what player was under Edward's? He need's to be in an attack style defense where he's alway's going forward, none of this read and react garbage, I think Edward's scheme above anything, even his injury, was the main cause for his lack of production, although Trotter will be a force to be reconned with, because philli undoubtedly know's how to use him, I would rather have Barrow for the next 2 year's, he is a play maker, and he can cover player's out of the backfield, unlike Trotter, William's D is not suited for Trotter, even if Trotter had a monster year for us, we still may have traded him, he doesn't suit what we want to do, living in jersey I have watched Barrow for the last 4 or 5 year's, and the guy is something else, Lavar couldn't believe how fast Barrow was, this guy is a real football player, he has big time instinct's and heart, just ask any Giant fan, they are furious that Barrow was allowed to leave, he still has gas in the tank. But Trotter will be a steal for the Iggles.

Winskins 07-15-2004 02:14 AM

Essentially, we have a different type of player now with Barrow. Trotter, as Offiss said, is used more efficiently in an attack style. He is a talented athlete with a good work ethic, but he does not have great read and react skills. On the other hand, now we have Barrow. He is a football player with tremendous instincts and he reads and reacts with the best of them. He may not show the propensity to blitz that Trotter does, but that just goes to show that everyone has their strengths and their weaknesses.

Duffman003 07-15-2004 11:42 AM

I have a feeling that when the eagles play us and if trotter is playing he will be a monster. He will be pissed at us and take us to the cleaners because we aren't fans of having players leave happy, it will be like Stephen against us in pre-season.