Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Mike Rowe is selling out (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=17629)

hooskins 03-28-2007 09:55 PM

Mike Rowe is selling out

So I just saw him on a Ford pickup commercial and I use to look up to him. Now I am not too sure, I love Dirty Jobs, but Ford commercials for the money?

Hmm not my style, but I guess I might do the same if I was in his position.

RobH4413 03-28-2007 09:58 PM

Re: Mike Rowe is selling out

I would sell out in a heart-beat. That's what your supposed to do when your successful. Get really good at something, sell out, and enjoy the ride.

Doesn't mean you can't hate sell-outs, but shit... with all that money they can deal with a little hate.

MTK 03-28-2007 10:08 PM

Cash money baby, I wish someone would ask me to sell out.

FRPLG 03-28-2007 11:06 PM

[QUOTE=hooskins;292509]So I just saw him on a Ford pickup commercial and I use to look up to him. Now I am not too sure, I love Dirty Jobs, but Ford commercials for the money?

Hmm not my style, but I guess I might do the same if I was in his position.[/QUOTE]
How is doing a commercial selling out? He's an actor, voice guy and TV personality. Doing commercials go along with all that.

What about Kiefer Sutherland? Is he a sellout for doing voice-overs on commercials?

hooskins 03-28-2007 11:07 PM

[quote=FRPLG;292535]How is doing a commercial selling out? He's an actor, voice guy and TV personality. Doing commercials go along with all that.

What about Kiefer Sutherland? Is he a sellout for doing voice-overs on commercials?[/quote]

yes he would be a tool for that

ArtMonkDrillz 03-28-2007 11:10 PM

He also does Epic Pharmacy commercials. I've never seen an Epic in my life, but I see him on TV hocking them all the time.

SmootSmack 03-28-2007 11:13 PM

[QUOTE=FRPLG;292535]How is doing a commercial selling out? He's an actor, voice guy and TV personality. Doing commercials go along with all that.

What about Kiefer Sutherland? Is he a sellout for doing voice-overs on commercials?[/QUOTE]

I agree with you 100%. You're safe for another 3 months ;)

hooskins 03-28-2007 11:14 PM

I never said I wouldn't do the same, but I am in the position(unfortunately) where I don't have the opportunity to do commercials so I can criticize all i want

SmootSmack 03-28-2007 11:14 PM

[QUOTE=hooskins;292542]I never said I wouldn't do the same, but I am in the position(unfortunately) where I don't have the opportunity to do commercials so I can criticize all i want[/QUOTE]

Interesting take

hooskins 03-28-2007 11:15 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;292543]Interesting take[/quote]

I am an interesting person, so I guess all is well.

(BTW I am not hitting on you...lol)

FRPLG 03-28-2007 11:26 PM

[QUOTE=hooskins;292537]yes he would be a tool for that[/QUOTE]

He already does and has for the last few years. Almost every big name celebrity with even a hint of uniqueness to their voice do voice-overs.

RobH4413 03-29-2007 03:07 AM

I knew a couple chicks that could do the best voice-overs... i mean man... those are hard to find these days.

Daseal 03-29-2007 07:09 AM

Johnny Knoxville is your voice of Anheisser Bush!

ArtMonkDrillz 03-29-2007 07:46 AM

[QUOTE=Daseal;292589]Johnny Knoxville is your voice of Anheisser Bush![/QUOTE]I think that's George Clooney. And doesn't Kevin Spacey do ads for Honda?
You want to talk about selling out, [URL="http://www.japander.com/japander/index.htm"]check this out[/URL]

MTK 03-29-2007 08:30 AM

I recently heard a Bob Dylan song in a commercial. The end of the world must be near.

ArtMonkDrillz 03-29-2007 08:44 AM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72;292601]I recently heard a Bob Dylan song in a commercial. The end of the world must be near.[/QUOTE]There's a Nirvana song in a commercial for a baseball video game; Kurt Cobain must be rolling over in his grave.

MTK 03-29-2007 08:46 AM

[quote=ArtMonkDrillz;292604]There's a Nirvana song in a commercial for a baseball video game; Kurt Cobain must be rolling over in his grave.[/quote]

oh yeah I heard about that, Courtney Love has no soul.

ArtMonkDrillz 03-29-2007 08:55 AM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72;292606]oh yeah I heard about that, Courtney Love has no soul.[/QUOTE]Seriously! Part of the reason he (allegedly) killed himself was because he didn't want to be around to see the band become a bunch of sell-outs/caricatures or themselves. Apparently that filthy bitch didn't know her husband all that well.

BTW, I am not a fan of Courtney Love.

SmootSmack 03-29-2007 09:02 AM

Matty, I think we should probably let everyone know we're working on some commercial endorsements for this site.

"Hi, this is Lenny Kravitz, and when I'm online I log onto TheWarpath.net; the Internet's only discussion board for the knowledgable Redskins fan"

MTK 03-29-2007 09:10 AM

[quote=ArtMonkDrillz;292608]Seriously! Part of the reason he (allegedly) killed himself was because he didn't want to be around to see the band become a bunch of sell-outs/caricatures or themselves. Apparently that filthy bitch didn't know her husband all that well.

BTW, I am not a fan of Courtney Love.[/quote]

I wonder if anyone is a fan of Courtney Love. I just hope the kid grows up to be halfway normal. I think Frances Bean is like 14 now. Old enough to know how F'd up her mom is that's for sure.

MTK 03-29-2007 09:11 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;292609]Matty, I think we should probably let everyone know we're working on some commercial endorsements for this site.

"Hi, this is Lenny Kravitz, and when I'm online I log onto TheWarpath.net; the Internet's only discussion board for the knowledgable Redskins fan"[/quote]

'Are you gonna go my way' is now the official song of TheWarpath.net... brought to you by Visa.

SmootSmack 03-29-2007 09:35 AM

BrudLee has asked that we change his username to OfficeMax presents BrudLee

firstdown 03-29-2007 09:50 AM

Lets see he does Dirty Jobs of the average working man and doing commercials for ford trucks? I don't get the link.

hesscl34 03-29-2007 10:09 AM

[quote=hooskins;292509]So I just saw him on a Ford pickup commercial and I use to look up to him. Now I am not too sure, I love Dirty Jobs, but Ford commercials for the money?

Hmm not my style, but I guess I might do the same if I was in his position.[/quote]

Maybe he likes Ford Trucks! ... I love that guy. I'd marry him in a heartbeat! .. :)

ArtMonkDrillz 03-29-2007 10:46 AM

Speaking of commercials: SmootSmack, when does your eHarmony commercial with Matty start to run?

RobH4413 03-29-2007 10:48 AM

[quote=ArtMonkDrillz;292608]Seriously! Part of the reason he (allegedly) killed himself was because he didn't want to be around to see the band become a bunch of sell-outs/caricatures or themselves. Apparently that filthy bitch didn't know her husband all that well.

BTW, I am not a fan of Courtney Love.[/quote]
Yeah it was either that or heroin.

SmootSmack 03-29-2007 11:04 AM

[QUOTE=ArtMonkDrillz;292642]Speaking of commercials: SmootSmack, when does your eHarmony commercial with Matty start to run?[/QUOTE]

It's only running in Canada right now. Trying to get US clearance, but Sheriff Gonna Getcha is holding it up in court. Hell hath no fury like a Sheriff scorned

MTK 03-29-2007 11:11 AM

[quote=ArtMonkDrillz;292642]Speaking of commercials: SmootSmack, when does your eHarmony commercial with Matty start to run?[/quote]

It's set to debut when you starting hosting the Lifetime movie of the week brought to you by Summers Eve.

ArtMonkDrillz 03-29-2007 11:13 AM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72;292653]It's set to debut when you starting hosting the Lifetime movie of the week brought to you by Summers Eve.[/QUOTE]Oh, so early May.