Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   With the draft approaching, do you think we will actually make a move prior to draft. (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=17680)

skinsfan_nn 04-01-2007 02:08 PM

With the draft approaching, do you think we will actually make a move prior to draft.

Alright this isn't any more April fools crap. What do you think?
Will we make a move prior to the 2007 Draft (4-28-07) if so who?

I still have a gut they are going to try to make a run at this LB. Don't think it's the right move if we do, I hope I'm wrong.

EXoffender 04-01-2007 02:11 PM

Re: With the draft approaching, do you think we will actually make a move prior to dr

No. We have no leverage.

GTripp0012 04-01-2007 02:18 PM

Re: With the draft approaching, do you think we will actually make a move prior to dr

It doesn't make sense for us to make a move prior to draft day. Trading up makes no sense. Trading for Briggs makes little sense for either team. Trading down prematurely makes little sense.

We might make a move on draft day, but I don't see anything happening before that.

Longtimefan 04-01-2007 02:43 PM

[QUOTE=skinsfan_nn;293593]Alright this isn't any more April fools crap. What do you think?

I still have a gut they are going to try to make a run at this LB. Don't think it's the right move if we do, I hope I'm wrong.[/QUOTE]

According to an article in today's WashingtonTimes Gibbs acknowledges a trade with the Bears for Briggs is unlikely, but it wouldn't suprise me if the team did make a move. However, I think that move will come on draft day and not prior.

Whatever moves the team decides to make, I hope it's geared towards our NEEDS. Perhaps this could be a playoff team if the needs along the D-line were addressesd, a DT & DE that can rush would be ideal.

GMScud 04-01-2007 03:11 PM

[quote=Longtimefan;293597]According to an article in today's WashingtonTimes Gibbs acknowledges a trade with the Bears for Briggs is unlikely, but it wouldn't suprise me if the team did make a move. However, I think that move will come on draft day and not prior.

Whatever moves the team decides to make, I hope it's geared towards our NEEDS. Perhaps this could be a playoff team if the needs along the D-line were addressesd, a DT & DE that can rush would be ideal.[/quote]

I thought it was interesting how Gibbs said it would be "easier" for us to trade up, and that "we can do it." Then in the next sentence it says the Redskins don't have any other 1st day picks this year and don't want to part with any of next years choices. So obviously to trade up we'd have to move a player. I know Detroit likes Shawn Springs a lot, and if we're targeting CJ then Lloyd would probably be trade bait too (although I don't see his value as being very high, especially with his contract).

Longtimefan 04-01-2007 04:02 PM

[QUOTE=GMScud;293600]I thought it was interesting how Gibbs said it would be "easier" for us to trade up, and that "we can do it." Then in the next sentence it says the Redskins don't have any other 1st day picks this year and don't want to part with any of next years choices. So obviously to trade up we'd have to move a player. I know Detroit likes Shawn Springs a lot, and if we're targeting CJ then Lloyd would probably be trade bait too (although I don't see his value as being very high, especially with his contract).[/QUOTE]

I really can't see how we could make a move to move up without involving next years 1st &/or 2nd round picks, we have no leverage to move up in this draft without that being a consideration.

I would be highly unlikely we could move Lloyd with the contract he has, plus based on his production (or lack thereof) he would not be very much in demand. Any trade however for another WR I'm sure would seriously jepordize his status and I could imagine that being a problem for morale.

skinsfan_nn 04-01-2007 08:40 PM

It sounds like maybe the next move we could possibly still make might be that disgrungled LineBacker and not much other interest from other teams, wonder why? [url=http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/CHI/10100317]NFL.com - Chicago Bears Team News[/url]

And I agree it would be nice to move Lloyd but due to his contract and lack of playing abilities, I don't think there would be any takers.

We would have to give him away.

EARTHQUAKE2689 04-01-2007 09:32 PM

[quote=skinsfan_nn;293593]Alright this isn't any more April fools crap. What do you think?

I still have a gut they are going to try to make a run at this LB. Don't think it's the right move if we do, I hope I'm wrong.[/quote]

i doubt it

jsarno 04-03-2007 12:12 AM

[QUOTE=skinsfan_nn;293593]Alright this isn't any more April fools crap. What do you think?

I still have a gut they are going to try to make a run at this LB. Don't think it's the right move if we do, I hope I'm wrong.[/QUOTE]

No. I just don't think all these rumors are for real for our best future. Teams keep offering crap (ie: Bears). We shouldn't make a deal unless we are guarenteed to help our bigger problem areas, since I have yet to hear a rumor that would address that, I'm going to say no. Rumors always fly before draft day, and over 95% of them are bogus.

dmek25 04-03-2007 05:07 AM

yawn. man, i wish the draft were here already. enough of these threads

GoSkins! 04-03-2007 05:17 AM

i don't see a trade happening before draft day. The Briggs thing could happen, but not just swapping picks with some other team.

vaoutlaws2006 04-03-2007 08:05 AM

[quote=dmek25;294037]yawn. man, i wish the draft were here already. enough of these threads[/quote]

no kidding if i dont hear anymore about the trade possiblities it wont be soon enough. the skins should hold onto that pick and get the best player available when they pick. Even if it happens to be qb or wr.....so use the pick and dont trade for that big chicago baby....how being franchised and making 7+ million for one season is a problem is still a mystery to me. If i was that moron i would take my 7 million and play and get the gigantic free agent deal next season.

MTK 04-03-2007 08:55 AM

I don't see the Briggs move going through, so I think we won't see any moves until draft day.

skinsfan_nn 04-03-2007 09:37 AM

Not so sure, sounds like the offer is being put on the table today?

[url=http://www.washtimes.com/sports/20070403-124843-5547r.htm]Bears' proposal expected today*-*Sports*-*The Washington Times, America's Newspaper[/url]

tazhog 04-09-2007 12:20 PM

[quote=skinsfan_nn;293593]Alright this isn't any more April fools crap. What do you think?

I still have a gut they are going to try to make a run at this LB. Don't think it's the right move if we do, I hope I'm wrong.[/quote]

YES! I think we trade down...
and acquire 2 Def. lineman...