Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/)
-   -   Rage Against the Machine (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/17685-rage-against-the-machine.html)

djnemo65 04-02-2007 02:10 AM

Rage Against the Machine

How did my favorite band of all time reunite without me hearing about it? With all that has been going on politically the last couple years, I can't imagine a better time for their return.

By the way, anyone who is into hiphop should check out this lineup. Amazing. [url=http://www.rockthebells.net]Rock the Bells[/url]

Beemnseven 04-02-2007 07:52 AM

Re: Rage Against the Machine

Even when I was in my rebellious younger years, when my taste for music was admittedly crap -- I couldn't stand listening to Rage against the machine.

Mattyk 04-02-2007 08:23 AM

In times like this the world definitely needs some Rage, let's hope they hit the studio and put out a new album.

GhettoDogAllStars 04-02-2007 08:46 AM

That's a sick lineup! Too bad it won't be anywhere close to where I am. :(

On another note, I saw Public Enemy a week ago, and I was a little disappointed. The crowd was a little weak, and that had something to do with it, but overall I would give their performance a 6 or 7. Chuck D was great, though. Flava Flav was annoying and was doing mostly voiceovers.

Daseal 04-02-2007 09:51 AM

The bill for this concert is amazing. Simply amazing. I'm seriously considering a trip to NY to go see it. Sage Francis is one of my favorite out there. Roots, Mos Def, RAGE! My god. I have chicken pox at 24 and this made my day!

djnemo65 04-02-2007 11:06 AM

It's unbelievable. One of the best shows I ever saw was Rage and Wutang at Merriweather.

I am seriously considering taking a vacation back to the states to see this.

Mattyk 04-02-2007 11:23 AM

Anyone remember the Beastie Boys/Rage double bill that never happened?

Who knows, maybe it will finally happen.

itvnetop 04-02-2007 05:42 PM

The indie hip hop stage is pretty solid too...

hooskins 04-02-2007 06:30 PM

Shit Jedi Mind Tricks, Immortal Technique, Nas, and Cypress Hill also??? Wowwww i wanna ****ing goo...

hooskins 04-02-2007 06:31 PM

MF Doom?! this is crazyy honesty this is my favorite kinda music...hip-hop with a hint of rock...

hooskins 04-02-2007 06:32 PM

Wow and Razhel is gonna be there, he was the father of beatboxing...

love them hogs 04-02-2007 09:20 PM

[QUOTE=djnemo65;293790]It's unbelievable. One of the best shows I ever saw was Rage and Wutang at Merriweather. [/QUOTE]

No bullshit, I was their also and consider that to be the best show I have ever been to.That was a crazy ass crowd at that show.You would be fighting through the crowd and it would be packed tight as shit and then all of a sudden it would open up and your ass would be in the middle of one of three or four huge mosh pits in the crowd.

The only part that sucked was that there was so much traffic getting in there that I missed half of wu-tang before I could get in.I suppose it was still cool because I was just walking up and down the street smokin and drinkin with everyone else who was stuck.Man was that shit fun.

On a bit of a side note, It was at that concert that I asked out the girl who would become the mother of my child and fiance.So yeah it was a good show.

djnemo65 04-03-2007 01:49 AM

[QUOTE=love them hogs;293984]
On a bit of a side note, It was at that concert that I asked out the girl who would become the mother of my child and fiance.So yeah it was a good show.[/QUOTE]

That is an awesome story. She must be a great girl if that's the first place you took her and you got another date, haha.