Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   NFL delays release of regular season schedule (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=17706)

MTK 04-03-2007 12:25 PM

NFL delays release of regular season schedule

[URL="http://nfl-connection.com/nfl-news/nfl-delays-release-of-regular-season-schedule/"]NFL delays release of regular season schedule[/URL]

It was supposed to be out this Thursday :(

Gmanc711 04-03-2007 12:25 PM

Re: NFL delays release of regular season schedule

Damn Damn Damn

redskins5044 04-03-2007 12:41 PM

that sucks

bigSkinsfan61 04-03-2007 12:54 PM

yea that does suck....i really need to find out when da bears r commin to town

hagams 04-03-2007 02:17 PM

Stupid Schedule!
I can't wait for the Maimi game. My girl, and my friend are huge Dolphin fans. I want it on a Monday Night game so everyone can see.

FRPLG 04-03-2007 02:31 PM

Okay so it is the 21sy century and...
[quote]
The NFL designs its regular-season schedule without using computers and the process, given the longstanding priority on maintaining competitive balance, is an arduous task.
[/quote]

that is ridiculous. Get an effing computer and an effing 10 cent program. Slap some rules in that bitch and go. It should take like a freaking day. Run the original and tweak it to fix little issues and call it a day. WTF? It takes months? You got 32 teams playing 16 games. That's 256 regular season games. It is isn't damn rocket science.

FRPLG 04-03-2007 02:33 PM

For crissake every team has 14 or it's 16 games automatically determined. Now we're talking about picking 32 games by hand and sticking them in a schedule. I am astonished they take this long.

Monkeydad 04-03-2007 02:34 PM

[quote=FRPLG;294152]Okay so it is the 21sy century and...

that is ridiculous. Get an effing computer and an effing 10 cent program. Slap some rules in that bitch and go. It should take like a freaking day. Run the original and tweak it to fix little issues and call it a day. WTF? It takes months? You got 32 teams playing 16 games. That's 256 regular season games. It is isn't damn rocket science.[/quote]

Well they do have to consider TV schedules and trying to give us what they think we want to see.

I could still do it faster though. :)

MTK 04-03-2007 02:35 PM

I was surprised to hear that they do the schedule by hand, but I kinda like that.

FRPLG 04-03-2007 03:10 PM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72;294158]I was surprised to hear that they do the schedule by hand, but I kinda like that.[/QUOTE]

Even so it isn't rocket science. I mean I bet I could put together a good schedule by myself in a day. In fact tomorrow I will.

Even better we should put one together as a board and send it to them on Friday. Be like "Hey, we heard you are struggling. So we thought we'd just do it for you'"

SmootSmack 04-03-2007 03:11 PM

Even with computers, which we use here, scheduling can be a monumental pain. Among the considerations factored in-contractual obligations, competing programming, what other events are happening in that market area and how will that affect things like traffic flow, travel plans and many more.

MTK 04-03-2007 03:25 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;294184]Even with computers, which we use here, scheduling can be a monumental pain. Among the considerations factored in-contractual obligations, competing programming, what other events are happening in that market area and how will that affect things like traffic flow, travel plans and many more.[/quote]

Good points.

Beemnseven 04-03-2007 04:47 PM

Are they trying to let the anticipation build? Might it have something to do with opening week of baseball?