Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What to do with the available cap space? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=17710)

BeastsoftheNFCeast 04-03-2007 03:32 PM

What to do with the available cap space?

With the Briggs trade dead, the Skins have a redonkulous amount of cap room, We currently have 5.5 in space and will get more when we restructure Wynn, and maybe others. We will probably have at least 7 mil in space left over before the draft, even after the rule of 51 is not applied. We probably wont spend any more than 3 mil on the draft (because you have to subtract the people who get cut and they dont count any towards the cap). That leaves 4 mil left over, I think we're gonna have 1.5 mil left over just for emergency money. That leaves 2.5 mil left. I cant see us not using it. I dont know if we can restructure other peoples contracts so that money we owe them in the future we can pay them now, but if not then we will probably spend it. How do u see us doing this?

BrudLee 04-03-2007 03:38 PM

Re: What to do with the space?

5.5 million is not redonkulous (ridonkulous?). The Browns have about $30 million.

I'd love to see us enter the season with an extra few million, so we could perhaps extend Cooley, or be prepared for a mid-season signing.

skins009 04-03-2007 03:39 PM

We have to sign the sixth pick of the draft which is not cheap. Plus, we are way over the 2008 salary cap. So we should consider increasing some guys salaries in 2007 to reduce 2008.

steveo395 04-03-2007 04:04 PM

[quote=BeastsoftheNFCeast;294198]With the Briggs trade dead, the Skins have a redonkulous amount of cap room, [B]We currently have 5.5 in space and will get more when we restructure Wynn, and maybe others[/B]. We will probably have at least 7 mil in space left over before the draft, even after the rule of 51 is not applied. We probably wont spend any more than 3 mil on the draft (because you have to subtract the people who get cut and they dont count any towards the cap). That leaves 4 mil left over, I think we're gonna have 1.5 mil left over just for emergency money. That leaves 2.5 mil left. I cant see us not using it. [B]I dont know if we can restructure other peoples contracts so that money we owe them in the future we can pay them now[/B], but if not then we will probably spend it. How do u see us doing this?[/quote]
Why would we restructure guys now to push money into the future, and then restructure other guys to push their money to now. How about we leave it how it is.

GTripp0012 04-03-2007 04:44 PM

I would either use the space to give Cooley a big signing bonus prior to this season or I would restructure someones (anyones) contract to contain a bogus $2 million LTBE incentive so that we can get a $2 million cap credit for next year.

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 04-03-2007 05:02 PM

$5M is only enough to sign our draft picks, have about $1M-$2M in emergency reserve, and another player or two for depth. It's not like we have a ton of room.

diehardskin2982 04-03-2007 05:18 PM

there will be june 1st cuts, rookies to sign, and people to resign to long term contracts... not to mention if we move up in the draft

skinsfan_nn 04-03-2007 05:39 PM

When it's all said and done. Don't think we'll have enough space to be talkin about.

Dirtbag59 04-03-2007 05:42 PM

Keep in mind we might be signing the #1, 2, or 3 pick from the draft.

Gmanc711 04-03-2007 05:54 PM

Resign Chris Cooley.

Enough Said.

gibbsisgod 04-03-2007 06:05 PM

[quote=diehardskin2982;294237]... not to mention if we move up in the draft[/quote]
You should have your mouth washed out with soap for talking that garbage:) .

Cooley deserves to be signed to a long term deal. There is no way he gets out of Washington......is there????

dmek25 04-03-2007 07:27 PM

look at everyone all giddy because for the first time in a long time, the skins have alittle money to burn. and hey giggity

artmonkforhallofamein07 04-04-2007 10:43 AM

I think we need to save the money or spend it on our own guys IE COOOOLEY.

hagams 04-04-2007 11:14 AM

Cooley for President, resign him. If there is any money left I'm sure it won't be that much room to really brag about. I'm just happy this isn't another Briggs thread.

GridIron26 04-04-2007 11:50 AM

[quote=Gmanc711;294250]Resign Chris Cooley.

Enough Said.[/quote]

Agreed