Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Taylor trouble, again (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/1776-taylor-trouble-again.html)

Bergman14 07-16-2004 12:43 PM

Taylor trouble, again

Allright now Im starting to get nervous, I though I should post this since it is an obscure paper, but it makes some good points. Should we really be concerned?
[url]http://www.dailypress.com/sports/dp-44361sy0jul15,0,7259210.story?coll=dp-sports-local[/url]

SmootSmack 07-16-2004 01:21 PM

This is from Lenny P's column today:

[QUOTE]Recent scuttlebutt had Roosevelt Barnes of Maximum Sports Management as the favorite to represent Taylor, but there are no indications that will happen. "Sean called me from the rookie symposium (in San Diego) more than a week ago and said that, as soon as he was done out there, we'd get together," Barnes said. "I still haven't heard back from him, so I have no idea what is going on. Would I like to represent him? Sure. Am I going to represent him? I guess only Sean knows that right now."[/QUOTE]

Mattyk 07-16-2004 02:10 PM

I'm forever optimistic but this Taylor situation definitely has me concerned.

Gmanc711 07-16-2004 03:54 PM

I'm one of the most optomistic people as it pertains to the skins', but I'm very consfused and nervous about this situation

Mattyk 07-16-2004 03:57 PM

confused is a good way to explain things, and odd, strange, etc.

RedskinRat 07-16-2004 04:10 PM

It's also made worse by the fact that we don't have any other distractions.

Dave Butz Baby! 07-16-2004 05:34 PM

[QUOTE=Bergman14]Allright now Im starting to get nervous, I though I should post this since it is an obscure paper, but it makes some good points. Should we really be concerned?
[url]http://www.dailypress.com/sports/dp-44361sy0jul15,0,7259210.story?coll=dp-sports-local[/url][/QUOTE]

I don't know if I'd call the Daily Press an "obscure" newspaper... they serve over a million people.

Paintrain 07-16-2004 06:00 PM

** Overreactionary alarmist alert **

I hope we don't have a Demetrius Underwood on our hands. :frusty:

skin4Life28 07-16-2004 06:17 PM

Its hard to imagine what is going through a rookies head at this time. Taylor is an extremely talented young kid, with incredible upside. I think he really doesn't have a very good supportting cast around him to help him. All I can say is that I am glad we resigned Iffy!

skinsfanthru&thru 07-16-2004 07:00 PM

this is so weird since he seemed like the safest pick for the skins to make. :doh:

joecrisp 07-17-2004 08:42 AM

Barnes' agency, Maximum Sports Management, happen to be this year's winner of ESPN's "Draft Agent Derby":

[QUOTE="Len Pasquarelli"]
Their eight-player draft class included a league-best four first-round selections, and all of the clients were chosen in the first three rounds. The result: Maximum Sports ranked first this year in the fifth annual ESPN.com agent draft derby, an accounting of each agency's picks and where they were chosen in last month's NFL draft.
[/QUOTE]
So these guys are definitely going to be busy. If Taylor signs with them, he'd better do it now, because the longer he waits, the longer the negotiations are going to take-- especially if he waits until the last week before training camp to sign with them. Heck, it's bad enough as it is now. Most agents have at least set up the groundwork for negotiations at this point.

The good news is, Barnes is allied with Eugene Parker, another agent with whom the Redskins have an excellent working relationship.

sportscurmudgeon 07-17-2004 10:16 AM

Paintrain:

I think there is a LOOONG way to go before you have to worry if Sean Taylor is the latter day Dmetrius Underwood.

Underwood was sick and needed psychiatric therapy and medications. He heard voices in his head and felt the need to do what the voices suggested he do.

Taylor is being irresponsible and procrastinating and seems to lack focus. But that is a far cry from Underwood's state.

However, I do agree with you that the Skins do not need the latter day Dmetrius Underwood in the same time zone with them. Therefore, I join you in hoping these two characters never merge...

That Guy 07-17-2004 11:01 AM

right now it still sounds like either lack of focus, or someone pulling him around (hey man, hold out, they should only be taking 1%, etc etc)...

Bergman14 07-17-2004 12:01 PM

[QUOTE=Dave Butz Baby!]I don't know if I'd call the Daily Press an "obscure" newspaper... they serve over a million people.[/QUOTE]

Ive never heard of it, I still dont even know where it is

bedlamVR 07-17-2004 01:44 PM

Do you think Taylor knows who he is playing with here . Joe Gibbs who was burnt by Desmond Howard and Snyder who has mae a habbit of dealing picks away probably to avoid this kind of thing happening..hell he was a cats wisker from trading Patrick Ramsey the last Redskins hold out and interestingly the last Redskins first round pick...

Less than two weeks to go you would think someone friends or family might be pointing out the magnitude of the situation... he could wind up missing out on millions if this keeps up....