Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Okoye Article In ESPN The Magazine (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=17816)

skinsfan_nn 04-13-2007 07:23 PM

Re: Okoye Article In ESPN The Magazine

I think the kid has great potential.

However, I don't think he will end up in DC.

freddyg12 04-14-2007 05:09 AM

[quote=skinsfan_nn;297619]I think the kid has great potential.

However, I don't think he will end up in DC.[/quote]

Naw Mike! I see him as a Skin for years to come! Gibbs wants this guy IMO.

davelavarra 04-14-2007 05:34 AM

[quote=Skinny Tee;297352]It's silly to just want to win this year. That is something that has obviously not worked the last 5 years of trying it. It shouldn't be so ridiculous to build a team to win in three years.

Making excuses under the guise of wanting to win it every year just shows desparation and not pre-meditated [FONT=Arial]strategy.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]I rather follow a plan than just to take random roulette shots every year.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]------------------------------------------------------------------------[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]By the way, love my Skins![/FONT][/quote]

That's right. The front office operated bad in the recent years, it would seem that we would win every year, but the only thing we won was the dumb free agent race. Strategy and consciousness is all we need for the future.

SkinsFanSince91 04-14-2007 12:11 PM

If we were to pick a D-lineman, this is who I would want.

At 19 he can only get bigger, stronger, faster, and better.

skins009 04-14-2007 12:22 PM

[QUOTE=Rajmahal33;297418]Okoye is really cerebral and will grow into an NFL body. It reminds me a lot of merriman b/c when he was at maryland, IMO, he was NFL-ready at the age of 19, though he was drafted a year later. He still has tremendous upside of becoming even more physically dominating as he is only 22. The only knock on okoye is that he is a DT and its not really a game changing position, though it is vital. What we need from a DT, is to just be an anchor in the middle of the field that will take on doubles and let our other playmakers get some breathing room to operate. Okoye is not this kind of player yet and may never develop into this mold. However, Okoye is still the highest reward lowest risk D-lineman in the draft. I wouldn't be opposed to drafting him but i still think we should get more picks if possible[/QUOTE]

DT is not a game changing position??? That is just plain false. I would argue that a dominant DT is the the most sought after position other than quaterback. There are very few players in the NFL that can penatrate the middle of the the offensive line to stuff and run and rush the passer. This kid has that rare ability. He reminds me a lot of the Warren Sapp. Who buy the way was the most important piece in the Tampa 2 defense.

EXoffender 04-14-2007 04:21 PM

[quote=bigSkinsfan61;297276]okoye is the only choice...He is only going to get bigger and better. come on guys hes frikkin 19 yrs old hes going to grow and he will be a very big asset to our dl for many many yrs to come. pick him joe gibbs...even if we trade down we can still get him. he is the "one"[/quote]
Can we wait for Okoye to get bigger, better? We need impact. Now!