Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   NFL Draft Central (http://www.thewarpath.net/nfl-draft-central/)
-   -   Who is the DE from Fla. that is going to go in the 1st round??? (http://www.thewarpath.net/nfl-draft-central/17839-who-de-fla-going-go-1st.html)

skinsfan69 04-15-2007 01:18 PM

Who is the DE from Fla. that is going to go in the 1st round???

Does anyone know about this guy from Fla? He is a DE. I don't know his name but he is going to be drafted in the 1st round. Everytime I turned on a Fla. game this guy was all over the field. He just KILLED Ohio State in the national champ. game. Plus I think he is a high character guy. Is this guy on our radar?

skinsfan_nn 04-15-2007 01:23 PM

Re: Who is the DE from Fla. that is going to go in the 1st round???

Jarvis Moss

skinsfan_nn 04-15-2007 01:24 PM

I don't think he is on our radar.

skinsfan_nn 04-15-2007 01:29 PM

[url=http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/don_banks/04/10/mock.draft.part3/index.html]SI.com - Writers - Don Banks' Mock Draft: 21-32 - Thursday April 12, 2007 4:53PM[/url]

This thread belongs in the Draft Forum.

skinsfan69 04-15-2007 01:32 PM

[quote=skinsfan_nn;297838]Jarvis Moss[/quote]

Thank u. Dude reminds me of Charles Haley. I don' think he is a big combine workout guy but he can really get after the QB.

Mattyk 04-15-2007 01:39 PM

draft talk belongs in the draft forum

thanks

GMScud 04-15-2007 02:15 PM

[quote=skinsfan69;297837]Does anyone know about this guy from Fla? He is a DE. I don't know his name but he is going to be drafted in the 1st round. Everytime I turned on a Fla. game this guy was all over the field. He just KILLED Ohio State in the national champ. game. Plus I think he is a high character guy. Is this guy on our radar?[/quote]

Ahhh, my specialty, the Florida Gators. The DE you're referring to is #94, Jarvis Moss. At 6-6 1/2, 260 he's a beast. Very fast. He was a consensus all-american and 5-star prospect coming out of high school in Texas. He was actually the anchor on his high school's 4 X 100 relay team in track. He is light as far as D-ends go, and I have heard that some teams who run a 3-4 (especially Pittsburgh) are interested in him to use as an OLB. He's not a run stuffer, and as far as the Redskins are concerned he is too much like Andre Carter. I don't think we'll draft him (unless we are able to trade down, and even then I doubt it). But I do think he'll be a good NFL player.
I don't know about high character. He's not a bad guy, but he likes the reefer (got suspended one game this past season for failing a drug test).

Another Gator we could pick up if we some how end up with a 2nd round pick is DT Ray McDonald. He's a beast, and if he hadn't had a torn MCL his junior year he'd probably be a 1st rounder. But now he has that whole "injury prone" label.

Meks 04-15-2007 04:56 PM

i'd rather us trade down for a later pick and a 2nd, so we can draft moss.

89moss89 04-15-2007 05:42 PM

According to Tim Ryan on sirus NFL radio he is not a high character guy.

skinsfan69 04-15-2007 06:23 PM

[quote=GMScud;297846]Ahhh, my specialty, the Florida Gators. The DE you're referring to is #94, Jarvis Moss. At 6-6 1/2, 260 he's a beast. Very fast. He was a consensus all-american and 5-star prospect coming out of high school in Texas. He was actually the anchor on his high school's 4 X 100 relay team in track. He is light as far as D-ends go, and I have heard that some teams who run a 3-4 (especially Pittsburgh) are interested in him to use as an OLB. He's not a run stuffer, and as far as the Redskins are concerned he is too much like Andre Carter. I don't think we'll draft him (unless we are able to trade down, and even then I doubt it). But I do think he'll be a good NFL player.
I don't know about high character. He's not a bad guy, but he likes the reefer (got suspended one game this past season for failing a drug test).

Another Gator we could pick up if we some how end up with a 2nd round pick is DT Ray McDonald. He's a beast, and if he hadn't had a torn MCL his junior year he'd probably be a 1st rounder. But now he has that whole "injury prone" label.[/quote]

I got him mixed up w/ the safety.. I thought it was Moss who lost his mother but as it turns out it was another player who played in the secondary.

GMScud 04-15-2007 07:05 PM

[quote=skinsfan69;297886]I got him mixed up w/ the safety.. I thought it was Moss who lost his mother but as it turns out it was another player who played in the secondary.[/quote]

The player who lost his mother was 1st team All-American safety Reggie Nelson. She passed away just a few weeks before the national championship. He is an EXTREMELY high character guy.

SkinsFan6388 04-16-2007 04:10 PM

I wouldnt mind taking Jarvis Moss, but only in a trade down situation

skinsfan_nn 04-16-2007 04:16 PM

[quote=SkinsFan6388;298253]I wouldnt mind taking Jarvis Moss, but only in a trade down situation[/quote]

Moss will be lucky to break the TOP twenty. Very Unlikely, don't think we are interested.

Campbell17 04-16-2007 04:23 PM

DE is one hole that the Redskins have to fill in. We have a very respectable pass defense, which encourages opponents to run the foot ball. [COLOR="Red"]When is he projected to go? [/COLOR][COLOR="Black"]If he is much lower than us, I would love to trade Randle El and maybe someone else for another first round pick. [/COLOR]

EARTHQUAKE2689 04-16-2007 06:49 PM

[quote=skinsfan69;297837]Does anyone know about this guy from Fla? He is a DE. I don't know his name but he is going to be drafted in the 1st round. Everytime I turned on a Fla. game this guy was all over the field. He just KILLED Ohio State in the national champ. game. Plus I think he is a high character guy. Is this guy on our radar?[/quote]

kind of a tweener de/olb too maybe a better fit in a 3-4 though