Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Updated:At Least 33 Dead in Va. Tech Shooting (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=17851)

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 04-16-2007 12:48 PM

Re: At Least 20 Dead in Va. Tech Shooting

[QUOTE=Beemnseven;298112]I assume firearms are not allowed on campus.

Sooner or later this country will to have to rethink that policy.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. But some will likely twist this incident into a basis for loosening gun laws (i.e., "If all the students were packing, then we'd be fine").

Hog1 04-16-2007 12:49 PM

[quote=ArtMonkDrillz;298111]I'm confused about something. Was one gunman taken into custody and another killed (either by the cops or himself)?[/quote]

Last report, one shooter, and he's dead

Gmanc711 04-16-2007 12:50 PM

One of my best friends goes there, just talked to her shes ok but how sad

Prayers

Big C 04-16-2007 12:50 PM

Re: One Confirmed Dead in Virginia Tech Shooting

[QUOTE=SmootSmack;298106]C'mon Big C. Tell us you're ok[/QUOTE]

im fine thanks man. i actually had a class in a building very close to the shootings at 10 am. hundreds of cops. i was asking if they were evacuating cuz we didnt know what was going on, and they said no (student said this) so i went to go in, and i was ordered to go back to the sidewalk. me and a bunch of others had to go into torgersen hall which is an academic building right across the street for over 2 hrs. 20 ambulances at least, id say about 300 cops at least. it was madness, im thankful to be alive. i had a class in the building where most died tomorrow.

Beemnseven 04-16-2007 12:51 PM

[QUOTE=Sheriff Gonna Getcha;298113]Agreed. But some will likely twist this incident into a basis for loosening gun laws (i.e., "If all the students were packing, then we'd be fine").[/QUOTE]

Well, that's sorta the point I was making.

Anytime something like this happens you always hear the question being asked -- what if just one person had access to a firearm to defend him or herself?

I think it's a legitimate question.

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 04-16-2007 12:52 PM

Thanks for checking in Big C.

ArtMonkDrillz 04-16-2007 12:52 PM

[QUOTE=Hog1;298114]Last report, one shooter, and he's dead[/QUOTE]The shootings were two hour apart from one another, right? So did the guy fire off some shots and then flee only to start shooting again in a different place a few hours later?
I know no one really knows yet, but maybe I was jsut misunderstanding something I heard.

JWsleep 04-16-2007 12:54 PM

Glad you're ok, C!

Prayers to all who were killed or injured. This is just staggering.

Hog1 04-16-2007 01:04 PM

[quote=ArtMonkDrillz;298119]The shootings were two hour apart from one another, right? So did the guy fire off some shots and then flee only to start shooting again in a different place a few hours later?
I know no one really knows yet, but maybe I was jsut misunderstanding something I heard.[/quote]

Accurate reports are limited, but yes, it appears that the shooter targeted two seperate buildings where most of this went down. It took him some time to get from one to another. That made the cops think it could be more than one. They went on the premise of more than one guy until they found out differently

Big C 04-16-2007 01:07 PM

i am so f*cking outraged right now i cant even believe it. none of us in the building thought it was going to get this escalated. i am just so f*cking mad. the university could have ended this all except for the first killing.

i got an email at 9:22 am saying there was a shooter who killed someone in the dorm in the morning. they should have cancelled classes then, instead they let kids go to class, and now over 20 are dead. they refuse to cancel classes until its too late.

saden1 04-16-2007 01:08 PM

Man, this sucks. All these mass shootings in schools is very troubling. Someone should be held accountable for this sort of thing. The shooter being dead doesn't cut it.

TheMalcolmConnection 04-16-2007 01:11 PM

I agree. Here's my thing: do these people think they are going out in a blaze of glory? Do they want to be remembered as evil pieces of shit or just flat out remembered?

Hog1 04-16-2007 01:11 PM

I think the question is, how is our society turning out these people with a certain regularity?
How many are waiting in the wings?
What must be changed to stop these type things?

RobH4413 04-16-2007 01:12 PM

Keeping VT in all my thoughts and prayers. This is horrible.

I can't get in touch with my buddy from VT, he's an engineering major... someone called me and said that on of the shootings was poss. in an engineering building. Can anyone confirm this?

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 04-16-2007 01:13 PM

I hate it when the shooters kill themselves or are killed by police. I'd like to see these kinds of losers be forced to have boob jobs and thrown into jail to become prison "entertainment."