Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Vince Young Madden 2008 Cover (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=17865)

jsarno 04-19-2007 01:22 AM

Re: Vince Young Madden 2008 Cover

deja vu:

I said it before, and I'll say it again, VY is overrated.

KLHJ2 04-19-2007 01:24 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;299363]You're really comparing the Pro Bowl to an actual game? They're all just having fun out there. Even Sean Taylor. Lucky for us, his idea of fun is leveling opponents.

Vince Young has a ways to go, but he's not garbage. And it's the freaking cover of a video game! Is it really worth getting all worked up over?[/quote]

Not really angry about it, I just gotta live up to my name. Besides the only way you get people to repond is to push their buttons and get them all worked up.

I am still not sold on Vince Young though. Hell of an athlete, but a terrible QB.

SmootSmack 04-19-2007 01:26 AM

[QUOTE=angryssg;299367]Besides the only way you get people to repond is to push their buttons and get them all worked up.[/QUOTE]

I'll remember you said that

KLHJ2 04-19-2007 01:35 AM

[quote=SmootSmack;299368]I'll remember you said that[/quote]

Good I hope somebody does. By the way I got thick skin. I can take as well as I dish it.

jsarno 04-19-2007 01:43 AM

[QUOTE=angryssg;299367]

I am still not sold on Vince Young though. Hell of an athlete, but a terrible QB.[/QUOTE]

I absolutely agree. I'm surprised there are people here that beleive that. I said that before and got nothing but negative responses. He's not even close to a good qb. Maybe some day he will, but he needs to learn how to win with his arm and his head. We all know about his legs, but those should be used as a compliment to other attributes.

KLHJ2 04-19-2007 01:51 AM

[quote=jsarno;299373]I absolutely agree. I'm surprised there are people here that beleive that. I said that before and got nothing but negative responses. He's not even close to a good qb. Maybe some day he will, but he needs to learn how to win with his arm and his head. We all know about his legs, but those should be used as a compliment to other attributes.[/quote]

My sentiments exactly. Personally I don't care who they put on the damn cover. But, you would expect to at least see either the league MVP or sombody that had an incredible year or career. But a rookie QB that was at the bottom of the league statistically makes no sense.

With all of that said, I am still going to buy the game. I will just scan a picture of Clinton Portis and insert it in the case where Vince Young was.

jsarno 04-19-2007 01:58 AM

[QUOTE=angryssg;299375]My sentiments exactly. Personally I don't care who they put on the damn cover. But, you would expect to at least see either the league MVP or sombody that had an incredible year or career. But a rookie QB that was at the bottom of the league statistically makes no sense.

With all of that said, I am still going to buy the game. I will just scan a picture of Clinton Portis and insert it in the case where Vince Young was.[/QUOTE]

With the "curse" comments going on, why don't they put something else on the cover? Especially when you have to resort to Vince Young!!! Might as well put Matt Lienart on the cover.

KLHJ2 04-19-2007 02:05 AM

[quote=jsarno;299378]With the "curse" comments going on, why don't they put something else on the cover? Especially when you have to resort to Vince Young!!! Might as well put Matt Lienart on the cover.[/quote]

Personally, I don't believe in curses. Putting something other than a player on the cover would prevent the player endorsements from selling the game. Not like they need that anyway, it's Madden for crying out loud.
A picture of a football would do just fine.

GhettoDogAllStars 04-19-2007 02:07 AM

EA Sports is desperate. They put Vince on the cover, because they couldn't get anyone better. Surely you guys can see that.

jsarno 04-19-2007 02:08 AM

[QUOTE=angryssg;299384]Personally, I don't believe in curses. Putting something other than a player on the cover would prevent the player endorsements from selling the game. Not like they need that anyway, it's Madden for crying out loud.
A picture of a football would do just fine.[/QUOTE]

That's my point...Madden has created a name for itself without the person on the front.
Put a picture of the Superbowl winner's stadium or something. Or how about putting the mug of Madden on there.

jsarno 04-19-2007 02:09 AM

[QUOTE=GhettoDogAllStars;299385]EA Sports is desperate. They put Vince on the cover, because they couldn't get anyone better. Surely you guys can see that.[/QUOTE]

haha...that's sad.

Monkeydad 04-19-2007 12:00 PM

[quote=GhettoDogAllStars;299385]EA Sports is desperate. They put Vince on the cover, because they couldn't get anyone better. Surely you guys can see that.[/quote]

They planned on LT but his fans petitioned them not to. :cheeky-sm

EARTHQUAKE2689 04-19-2007 12:01 PM

[quote=SKINSnCANES;298646][URL="http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/wcStory?contentId=6534058&storyNumber=1"]FOX Sports - NFL - Today's hot sports rumors and news[/URL]

Looks like Titans fans get to worry this year.[/quote]

screw vince young

MTK 04-19-2007 12:23 PM

Well he was ROY and an exciting story all year.

I don't get all the hate for VY.

mooby 04-19-2007 07:53 PM

The hate for VY is because he's getting so much press and he wasn't even that great during his rookie season. True, he did make some plays that won games, i.e. his touchdown run against the Texans in overtime last year, but his stats as a quarterback don't reflect that. Plus the defense was more of a factor in the games they won.

It's like the hate for Michael Vick when he made the Pro Bowl after throwing 12 touchdowns and 13 interceptions two seasons ago. I did hear that they wanted to put L.T. on the cover, but L.T. said no lol.