Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   NFL Draft Central (http://www.thewarpath.net/nfl-draft-central/)
-   -   Lions and Bucs to possibly work a trade of picks. (http://www.thewarpath.net/nfl-draft-central/17881-lions-bucs-possibly-work-trade-picks.html)

skinsfan_nn 04-18-2007 01:40 PM

Lions and Bucs to possibly work a trade of picks.

Looks like the Bucs are going after Calvin Johnson.
[url=http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm]ProFootballTalk.com -- The Best Pro Football Scoop on the Internet[/url]

SmootSmack 04-18-2007 01:55 PM

Re: Lions and Bucs to possibly work a trade of picks.

They'll get screwed if CJ goes #1, although I think it will probably be Russell

dmek25 04-18-2007 01:59 PM

the bucs offensive line was next to horrible last year. i don't think Johnson will cure that

gibbsisgod 04-18-2007 02:11 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;299079]They'll get screwed if CJ goes #1, although I think it will probably be Russell[/quote]They are not exactly set at QB. They could use JR just as much as the Raiders.

SmootSmack 04-18-2007 02:35 PM

But didn't they just trade for Plummer and sign Garcia, plus they still have Simms

dmek25 04-18-2007 02:41 PM

you know the old saying. if you think you have more than one quarterback, you dont really have any

irish 04-18-2007 02:52 PM

[QUOTE=SmootSmack;299079]They'll get screwed if CJ goes #1, although I think it will probably be Russell[/QUOTE]

I think Quinn could go before JR and surprise a lot of people.

Schneed10 04-18-2007 03:03 PM

This is still in rumor stages, and apparently PFT is getting the scoop from the local stations in Tampa.

I highly doubt they've actually made the deal with the Lions yet, and I doubt they'd do it before draft day. Why would you? Wouldn't you want to wait and see if Calvin Johnson gets past the Raiders?

If anything, I'll bet they're just talking about what the Lions would want if CJ fell to #2. If this deal goes down, I'm guessing it'd be on draft day.

skinsfan_nn 04-18-2007 03:17 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;299116]But didn't they just trade for Plummer and sign Garcia, plus they still have Simms[/quote]

Yes they did. Not to mention I think I would take Quinn over Russell.
If they do get CJ that will be a HUGE difference maker for that or any team.

The last I heard the QB job was up for grabs, wouldn't be surprised if Garcia wins it.

GoSkins! 04-18-2007 03:26 PM

Still a big risk to move up early.

GTripp0012 04-18-2007 04:08 PM

[quote=skinsfan_nn;299163]Yes they did. Not to mention I think I would take Quinn over Russell.
If they do get CJ that will be a HUGE difference maker for that or any team.

The last I heard the QB job was up for grabs, wouldn't be surprised if Garcia wins it.[/quote]Well, the only teams that wouldn't benefit from taking Brady Quinn is a team who has a young QB who will be better than Brady Quinn will be.

We fall into this category. Tampa Bay does not.

Quinn helps them more than Adrian Peterson would for sure.

I think the best thing the Bucs can do to help their team is to draft Gaines Adams or Joe Thomas though, but Quinn definately solidifies a unstable QB situation there. It would also be the death sentence for the career of the loser of the Garcia-Simms battle for the starting role.

redskins159 04-18-2007 04:46 PM

The bucs just seem to be a team in constant haze. They have about 20 starting QBs on the team. They have Garcia, Plummer, Simms and Gradkowski. It appears they are lacking direction They seem to be unhappy with the run game. The defense is really old. I think they would be better served by trading down then up. They have cap problems and a lot of holes to fill. They should never have let Dwyane White walk. They should just trade down and try to fill some of their offense and defensive holes. Barber, Brooks and Rice cannot play forever, they need some youth.

EARTHQUAKE2689 04-18-2007 05:02 PM

[quote=dmek25;299083]the bucs offensive line was next to horrible last year. i don't think Johnson will cure that[/quote]

yeah but gruden loves that bastard

TheMalcolmConnection 04-18-2007 05:11 PM

Is it just me or has Gruden gotten chub from a draft prospect the past three years?

EARTHQUAKE2689 04-18-2007 05:19 PM

[quote=TheMalcolmConnection;299225]Is it just me or has Gruden gotten chub from a draft prospect the past three years?[/quote]

no ur right