Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Who Is The Better Evaluator Of Talent Mcshay Or Kiper Jr.? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=17896)

EARTHQUAKE2689 04-19-2007 10:22 AM

Who Is The Better Evaluator Of Talent Mcshay Or Kiper Jr.?

To me I feel that Kiper is way better more and more I seem to see that McShay doesn't know what he is talking about but what do you guys think?

MTK 04-19-2007 10:24 AM

Re: Who Is The Better Evaluator Of Talent Mcshay Or Kiper Jr.?

Kiper because of "The Hair"

GTripp0012 04-19-2007 10:26 AM

[quote=EARTHQUAKE2689;299498]To me I feel that Kiper is way better more and more I seem to see that McShay doesn't know what he is talking about but what do you guys think?[/quote]Every time I see an article by McShay or see him do a bit on ESPN, I keep wondering how he landed that job.

Kiper has his flaws as an analyst, but he's very unbiased, puts countless hours into his work, and although his methods are aging and sometimes flawed, his opinions are usually well formulated, well defensed, and generally correct.

McShay just strikes me as a lazy scout who believes that he really knows everything about scouting as is. I feel that Kiper will continue to work to improve the way he rates prospects where as McShay will just make excuses for why he can't make accurate projections.

EARTHQUAKE2689 04-19-2007 10:33 AM

[quote=Mattyk72;299500]Kiper because of "The Hair"[/quote]

nice

GTripp0012 04-19-2007 10:33 AM

As evidence for my prior claim, I present this article:

[URL]http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft07/insider/columns/story?columnist=mcshay_todd&id=2809454[/URL]

It seems as if he writes this under the assumption that he couldn't possibly be evalutating receivers improperly, while openly admitting that not even he can notice a difference in the way receivers seperate.

He does this because he's completely unwilling to even consider the possibility that maybe, just maybe, seperation isn't the best way to project a receiver.

Most scouts like McShay grade receivers under the assumption that the QB is staring each and every one of them down the whole time, every play. In reality, NFL QBs do this approximently never.

For sure, how a receiver plays the ball and what he does after the catch are considerably more important than what he does before it. But as long as guys like McShay are grading prospects, you are going to have the best players at the position inexplicibly fall.

EARTHQUAKE2689 04-19-2007 10:34 AM

[quote=GTripp0012;299503]Every time I see an article by McShay or see him do a bit on ESPN, I keep wondering how he landed that job.

Kiper has his flaws as an analyst, but he's very unbiased, puts countless hours into his work, and although his methods are aging and sometimes flawed, his opinions are usually well formulated, well defensed, and generally correct.

McShay just strikes me as a lazy scout who believes that he really knows everything about scouting as is. I feel that Kiper will continue to work to improve the way he rates prospects where as McShay will just make excuses for why he can't make accurate projections.[/quote]

exactly for me its like this

1. kiper
2. the warpath.net
3. brittney spears
4. todd mcshay

GTripp0012 04-19-2007 10:36 AM

[quote=EARTHQUAKE2689;299513]exactly for me its like this

1. kiper
2. the warpath.net
3. brittney spears
4. todd mcshay[/quote]Haha.

I like the cut of your jib.

EARTHQUAKE2689 04-19-2007 10:40 AM

plus he said that he wouldnt ake quinn in the top 5????????????????????????????????

WTF!!!!!!

i dont like quinn think that russell is better stated that many times but if quinn doesnt go to either the lions or broncos both of those teams will be in the top 3 picking in 2008

my top 3:
1. jamarcus russell lsu to the raiders
2. brady quinn nd to the lions (if they draft cj millian will be shot)
3. adrian peterson oklahoma to the browns

dmek25 04-19-2007 10:44 AM

when it comes to the NFL draft, no one beats Mel Kiper. if you don't believe me, just ask Jim Irsay

EARTHQUAKE2689 04-19-2007 10:49 AM

[quote=dmek25;299526]when it comes to the NFL draft, no one beats Mel Kiper. if you don't believe me, just ask [B][I][SIZE=5]Jim Irsay[/SIZE][/I][/B][/quote]

hahahahahahahaha if you can find him

Hog1 04-19-2007 11:20 AM

You gotta' love Mel Kyper. Dude is tickey as a lizard.
Saw an int the other day with him. For the past seven years, he has eaten a WHOLE pumkin pie EVERY day of his life.

EARTHQUAKE2689 04-19-2007 11:26 AM

[quote=Hog1;299569]You gotta' love Mel Kyper. Dude is tickey as a lizard.
Saw an int the other day with him. For the past seven years, he has eaten a WHOLE pumkin pie EVERY day of his life.[/quote]

that is crazy

MTK 04-19-2007 11:30 AM

[quote=Hog1;299569]You gotta' love Mel Kyper. Dude is tickey as a lizard.
Saw an int the other day with him. For the past seven years, he has eaten a WHOLE pumkin pie EVERY day of his life.[/quote]

Damn, I guess there's no need for us to wonder what his favorite kind of pie is.

dmek25 04-19-2007 11:31 AM

oh no. not that again

GTripp0012 04-19-2007 11:31 AM

[quote=Mattyk72;299581]Damn, I guess there's no need for us to wonder what his favorite kind of pie is.[/quote]Does this mean he might be able to answer Question 3?