Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Your Personal Draft board (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=17935)

diehardskin2982 04-21-2007 10:31 AM

Your Personal Draft board

List your top 10 porspects for the skins and discuss your strategy.

Here is Mine, my view is through redskins needs so players like joe thomas may be out there, but we don't have a need for him:

1 Calvin Johnson WR
2 Laron Landry S
3 Alan Branch DT
4 Amobi Oke DT
5 Gaines Adams DE
6 Jamaal Anderson DE
7 Justin Blalock G
8 Demarcus Tyler DT
9 Arron Rouse S
10 Josh Wilson CB

Seeing any of these guys in burgundy and gold would please me... discuss

GTripp0012 04-21-2007 10:45 AM

Re: Your Personal Draft board

[quote=diehardskin2982;300684]List your top 10 porspects for the skins and discuss your strategy.

Here is Mine, my view is through redskins needs so players like joe thomas may be out there, but we don't have a need for him:

1 Calvin Johnson WR
2 Laron Landry S
3 Alan Branch DT
4 Amobi Oke DT
5 Gaines Adams DE
6 Jamaal Anderson DE
7 Justin Blalock G
8 Demarcus Tyler DT
9 Arron Rouse S
10 Josh Wilson CB

Seeing any of these guys in burgundy and gold would please me... discuss[/quote]My top 10 prospects for the Skins varies tremendously from my top 10 prospects overall.

Here's the overall board which represents a balance of the perceived value of the players (important for trade purposes) and the actual value of the prospects with respect to their NFL careers:

1. Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame
2. Joe Thomas, OT, Wisconsin
3. Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech
4. Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville
5. Laron Landry, S, LSU
6. Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson
7. Adam Carriker, DE, Nebraska
8. Levi Brown, OT, Penn State
9. Dwayne Bowe, WR, LSU
10. Joe Staley, OT, Central Michigan
10a. Patrick Willis, LB, Ole Miss

But this is how my Skins board looks when you alter just one variable, adjusting for players already on your team (or lack thereof):

1. Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville
2. Joe Thomas, OT, Wisconsin
3. Adam Carriker, DE, Nebraska
4. Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson
5. Levi Brown, OT, Penn State
6. Joe Staley, OT, Central Michigan
7. Alan Branch, DT, Michigan
8. Justin Harrell, DT, Tennessee
9. LaRon Landry, S, LSU
10. Patrick Willis, LB, Ole Miss
10a. Jamaal Anderson, DE, Arkansas

diehardskin2982 04-21-2007 10:51 AM

why brady at #1?

SkinsFanSince91 04-21-2007 11:12 AM

Top Ten Overall

1) Calvin Johnson
2) JaMarcus Russell
3) Joe Thomas
4) Brady Quinn
5) Gaines Adams
6) LaRon Landry
7) Amobi Okoye
8) Adrian Peterson
9) Alan Branch
10) Jamaal Anderson

GTripp0012 04-21-2007 11:41 AM

[quote=diehardskin2982;300688]why brady at #1?[/quote]Because he's just not something that you can replace later in this draft with more than a smidgen of certainty.

There are 8-10 great, young (5th year or less) QBs in this league right now. The way things are going, teams that don't have one will be fighting an uphill battle against the teams that do. The teams with proven vets will be able to compete on those years when they have great defenses and running games, but ultimately will fall out of the running when other teams with veteran QBs have better defenses and running games.

Brady Quinn is a good, young QB who will keep his team competing for the playoffs year in and year out much like Palmer, Manning, Brady, Bulger, and such and such do now. If you aren't one of the team's that has a great, young QB already, as we do, it'd be pretty stupid to pass on Quinn. *cough* Raiders. *cough*

Put simply, only one team is going to fill a need at QB this season. 31 other teams (minus those who already have it filled) will have to wait until next year.

SmootSmack 04-21-2007 12:04 PM

[QUOTE=diehardskin2982;300684]List your top 10 porspects for the skins and discuss your strategy.

1 Calvin Johnson WR
2 Laron Landry S
3 Alan Branch DT
4 Amobi Oke DT
5 Gaines Adams DE
6 Jamaal Anderson DE
7 Justin Blalock G
8 Demarcus Tyler DT
9 Arron Rouse S
10 Josh Wilson CB

Seeing any of these guys in burgundy and gold would please me... discuss[/QUOTE]

I like Josh Wilson but how did you make he top 10? Even if we trade down in the first round, I don't see Wilson being a first rounder. Or maybe I'm understanding this list wrong

jsarno 04-21-2007 12:20 PM

[QUOTE=diehardskin2982;300684]List your top 10 porspects for the skins and discuss your strategy.

1 Calvin Johnson WR
2 Laron Landry S
3 Alan Branch DT
4 Amobi Oke DT
5 Gaines Adams DE
6 Jamaal Anderson DE
7 Justin Blalock G
8 Demarcus Tyler DT
9 Arron Rouse S
10 Josh Wilson CB

Seeing any of these guys in burgundy and gold would please me... discuss[/QUOTE]

In terms of needs of the Skins, I feel you're way off. I only need to give a top 5 since we WILL have one of the following:
1- Gaines Adams DE
2- Amobi Okoye DL
3- Jamaal Anderson DE
4- Adam Carriker DE
5- Alan Branch DL

ps- we don't NEED a WR or a safety, or a QB.

Daseal 04-21-2007 12:35 PM

From what Ive heard Josh Wilson is looking for a late 2nd / early 3rd type pick. If we trade down and get him it would be great!

dmek25 04-22-2007 07:16 AM

[quote=diehardskin2982;300684]List your top 10 porspects for the skins and discuss your strategy.

Here is Mine, my view is through [B]redskins needs[/B] so players like joe thomas may be out there, but we don't have a need for him:

1 [B]Calvin Johnson WR[/B]
2 [B]Laron Landry S[/B]
3 Alan Branch DT
4 Amobi Oke DT
5 Gaines Adams DE
6 Jamaal Anderson DE
7 Justin Blalock G
8 Demarcus Tyler DT
9 [B]Arron Rouse S[/B]
10 [B]Josh Wilson CB[/B]

Seeing any of these guys in burgundy and gold would please me... discuss[/quote]
you start out by saying redskins needs, then you list a wide receiver, a safety, and a corner. sure, these guys are going to be good pros, but we don't need them

djnemo65 04-22-2007 08:01 AM

[QUOTE=GTripp0012;300698]Because he's just not something that you can replace later in this draft with more than a smidgen of certainty.

There are 8-10 great, young (5th year or less) QBs in this league right now. The way things are going, teams that don't have one will be fighting an uphill battle against the teams that do. The teams with proven vets will be able to compete on those years when they have great defenses and running games, but ultimately will fall out of the running when other teams with veteran QBs have better defenses and running games.

Brady Quinn is a good, young QB who will keep his team competing for the playoffs year in and year out much like Palmer, Manning, Brady, Bulger, and such and such do now. If you aren't one of the team's that has a great, young QB already, as we do, it'd be pretty stupid to pass on Quinn. *cough* Raiders. *cough
Put simply, only one team is going to fill a need at QB this season. 31 other teams (minus those who already have it filled) will have to wait until next year.[/QUOTE]

You are such a Notre Dame homer and you can't admit, haha! I think the number one prospect should be Levi Brown from Penn State followed by Poz and Tony Hunt.

diehardskin2982 04-22-2007 11:19 AM

[QUOTE=SmootSmack;300706]I like Josh Wilson but how did you make he top 10? Even if we trade down in the first round, I don't see Wilson being a first rounder. Or maybe I'm understanding this list wrong[/QUOTE]

I think Josh is gonna be a great pro, he reminds me of a young D.Green. He's a great athelete and has that 5th gear, plus heart. My top ten is not based on what round we pick the player but whether or not the skins select them period

jsarno~ in response to your statement, I put CJ first because he is the best overall talent in the draft. Plus the idea of moss on one side, cj on the other, are in the slot, betts and portis in the backfield. Cooley, and the big arm of campbell. Offense virtually unstopable.

We do need a safety next to ST. We don't know how PP will be comming off of injury.

dmek25~ I have to disagree with you can never have enough secondary players or Lineman... My own selfish need is to have the skins with the most unstoppable offense in the league makes me want to take CJ. My ten is based on fit with d team, I think these guys would be good fits with us.

SmootSmack 04-22-2007 11:55 AM

1. Jamaal Anderson-DE
2. Jarvis Moss-DE
3-Justin Harrell-DT
4. Amobi Okoye-DT (I'd rather get Moss and Harrell late in the 1st, early in the 2nd than just Okoye. I still have a lot of concerns about him)
5. Laron Landry-S
6. Josh Beekman-G
7. Michael Griffin-S
8. Justin Blalock-G
9. Gaines Adams-DE
10. Rashad Barksdale-DB

GTripp0012 04-22-2007 12:31 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;300819]1. Jamaal Anderson-DE
2. Jarvis Moss-DE
3-Justin Harrell-DT
4. Amobi Okoye-DT (I'd rather get Moss and Harrell late in the 1st, early in the 2nd than just Okoye. I still have a lot of concerns about him)
5. Laron Landry-S
6. Josh Beekman-G
7. Michael Griffin-S
8. Justin Blalock-G
9. Gaines Adams-DE
10. Rashad Barksdale-DB[/quote]SS, it looks like you really aren't high on anybody at 6. Trade down if at all possible?

SmootSmack 04-22-2007 12:34 PM

[QUOTE=GTripp0012;300827]SS, it looks like you really aren't high on anybody at 6. Trade down if at all possible?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'd trade down definitely. I don't know that we will but I would.

GTripp0012 04-22-2007 12:38 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;300828]Yeah I'd trade down definitely. I don't know that we will but I would.[/quote]As long as we resist the urge to trade up, I feel we will end the day next Saturday with a quality defensive player, and anything more than that is a bonus to me at this point.

RMSkins 04-22-2007 05:14 PM

1. Laron Landry
2. Amobi Okoye
3. Jamaal Anderson
4. Gaines Adams
5. Alan Branch
6. Justin Blalock
7. Reggie Nelson
8. Chris Houston
9. Ben Grubbs
10. Buster Davis