Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/)
-   -   Yard Work (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/17943-yard-work.html)

saden1 04-22-2007 04:13 PM

Yard Work

Being a lazy bastard, I'd like to hire someone to do some yard work. Basically, fertilizing, removing weed, and trimming some plants. My front lawn is 200 sqft and my back yard is about 500 sqft. Anyone have any idea what it would cost to do that sort of work?

I haven't done any serious yard work since December so it's kind of fuggly right while my neighbor keeps her yard immaculate. I'm beginning to suspect that woman is a robot.

jsarno 04-22-2007 11:49 PM

Re: Yard Work

[QUOTE=saden1;300851]Being a lazy bastard, I'd like to hire someone to do some yard work. Basically, fertilizing, removing weed, and trimming some plants. My front lawn is 200 sqft and my back yard is about 500 sqft. Anyone have any idea what it would cost to do that sort of work?

I haven't done any serious yard work since December so it's kind of fuggly right while my neighbor keeps her yard immaculate. I'm beginning to suspect that woman is a robot.[/QUOTE]

Usually you can find some kids wanting summer work...we pay our kid to mow, fertilize, and edge for $25 a pop. Usually twice to 3 times a month. I let him use all my equipment though. I am not lazy about yard work, I am just very allergic. I am allergic to the mustard weed, and it's EVERYWHERE out here. I am also allergic to pecan tree pollen and their tassels, and we have pecan trees everywhere. I can't mow the lawn without getting severely itchy and have loss of breathe for a good hour.

Bushead 04-23-2007 12:12 AM

I have one of those old school walking lawn mowers and the guy i sub let from never cut the grass....once. I nearly killed myself.

firstdown 04-23-2007 09:51 AM

[quote=saden1;300851]Being a lazy bastard, I'd like to hire someone to do some yard work. Basically, fertilizing, removing weed, and trimming some plants. My front lawn is 200 sqft and my back yard is about 500 sqft. Anyone have any idea what it would cost to do that sort of work?

I haven't done any serious yard work since December so it's kind of fuggly right while my neighbor keeps her yard immaculate. I'm beginning to suspect that woman is a robot.[/quote]
The time it took you to cut on your computer, sign in, pull up the site, start your thread, and then wait for a dumb response like this you would have almost been done.

jbcjr14 04-23-2007 09:54 AM

[quote=firstdown;301091]The time it took you to cut on your computer, sign in, pull up the site, start your thread, and then wait for a dumb response like this you would have almost been done.[/quote]

:lol: Now that's funny

Bushead 04-23-2007 10:03 AM

That's what being lazy is all about

GhettoDogAllStars 04-23-2007 10:04 AM

[QUOTE=saden1;300851]Being a lazy bastard, I'd like to hire someone to do some yard work. Basically, fertilizing, removing weed, and trimming some plants. My front lawn is 200 sqft and my back yard is about 500 sqft. Anyone have any idea what it would cost to do that sort of work?

I haven't done any serious yard work since December so it's kind of fuggly right while my neighbor keeps her yard immaculate. I'm beginning to suspect that woman is a robot.[/QUOTE]

I'd "remov[e] weed" for free! ;)

Seriously, I'd guess that kind of work would cost at least $50 per week.

BDBohnzie 04-23-2007 10:58 AM

Ahhh, the joys of townhouse living. I have maybe 150 sq ft of lawn to cut or weedwack. And once I put the stones in the back (building a patio for now until I put in a deck), it'll be just the front yard, and trim what little yard I'll have left in the back.

Schneed10 04-23-2007 11:13 AM

[quote=saden1;300851]Being a lazy bastard, I'd like to hire someone to do some yard work. Basically, fertilizing, removing weed, and trimming some plants. My front lawn is 200 sqft and my back yard is about 500 sqft. Anyone have any idea what it would cost to do that sort of work?

I haven't done any serious yard work since December so it's kind of fuggly right while my neighbor keeps her yard immaculate. I'm beginning to suspect that woman is a robot.[/quote]

Mowing and trimming once a week will generally cost you $15 per week or so. Landscapers have crews of 3 guys usually; it's really funny how efficient they are. They pull up and jump right out of the truck. One guy trims, another guy mows with the big ass self propelled mower, and the third guy follows them with the blower to keep the grass off the sidewalk. They're in and out in less than 10 minutes.

As for weeding and pruning, you're talking extra. I think the going rate for most landscaping companies is about $80 per hour. Can get expensive if it's not something they can do real quickly.

Monkeydad 04-23-2007 01:29 PM

Holy crap, that's a small yard...just take the scissors out and do it yourself! :)

Hog1 04-23-2007 01:34 PM

Hey Chief, do you not realize yard work=quality beer drinkin' time?

firstdown 04-23-2007 04:56 PM

[quote=Hog1;301195]Hey Chief, do you not realize yard work=quality beer drinkin' time?[/quote]
You have it! Time to cut grass, trim, and blow off sidewalks 35 minutes. Time the wife thinks it takes to do this job 2 hours. That leaves me 1 1/2 hours to have a few beers. Yes, it takes the entire 2 hours but I work a little then drink a little , work a little then drink a little. Then finish by breaking a little sweat then you can say " Honey, its hot out here and I'm tired could you hand me a beer". She will get me one or two because I worked so hard allowing this job to last a good 2 1/2 hours. Now you don't have to listen to her yelling about the yard and you have quality time for your self.

TheMalcolmConnection 04-23-2007 05:25 PM

[quote=Hog1;301195]Hey Chief, do you not realize yard work=quality beer drinkin' time?[/quote]

Yard work IS beer drinking time! That's why lawn tractors come with cup holders!