Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Landry or Okoye (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=17998)

MTK 04-26-2007 04:12 PM

Re: Landry or Okoye

[quote=SmootSmack;302858]This is what the top 10 could shape up as (if I compile all the rumors I've heard, assign each a weighted average, and blah blah blah)

1. Raiders-JaMarcus Russell
2. Falcons (from Lions)-Calvin Johnson (*the Niners could move up to #2 as well)
3. Browns-Brady Quinn
4. Bucs-Gaines Adams
5. Cardinals-Joe Thomas
6. Texans (from Redskins)-Adrian Peterson
7. Vikings-Laron Landry
8. Lions (from Falcons)-Leon Hall
9. Dolphins-Levi Brown
10.Redskins-Amobi Okoye[/quote]

I like, I like

themightyjoegibbs 04-26-2007 04:26 PM

[QUOTE=SmootSmack;302858]This is what the top 10 could shape up as (if I compile all the rumors I've heard, assign each a weighted average, and blah blah blah)

1. Raiders-JaMarcus Russell
2. Falcons (from Lions)-Calvin Johnson (*the Niners could move up to #2 as well)
3. Browns-Brady Quinn
4. Bucs-Gaines Adams
5. Cardinals-Joe Thomas
6. Texans (from Redskins)-Adrian Peterson
7. Vikings-Laron Landry
8. Lions (from Falcons)-Leon Hall
9. Dolphins-Levi Brown
10.Redskins-Amobi Okoye[/QUOTE]

Peterson has been my most anticipated pick for the past 3 years. The Texans need him desperately but CLEV. really needs a RB b/c in their division Baltimore has got the answer to shut down J.Lewis. If the Falcons move up it wont be for C.Johnson, although wow that would be DANGEROUS for the other 31 teams w/ Vick and that offense OMFG. I dont think they can pull it off.

But damnit I hate seeing Adams go to Det. or TB I want him in DC, but b/c of bad business in the Skins front office we cant work this draft w/o picks. Its a toss up if we can get a franchise DE in Adams or make a choice that has never been made under Snyder- to be patient, take what is available in low 1st round, and possible 3rd filling defensive needs to be competitive and then look to next year look for a franchise DE, DT and be set for the future.

It really is bad business if the world knows the owner is going to spend $ regardless always leaping before looking. Check the resume, and if you cry and stay a Skins fan than you begin to feel my pain.

offiss 04-26-2007 04:46 PM

[QUOTE=dmek25;302788]landry is not a cover safety. didnt we try that before? we need a pass rush[/QUOTE]

Where did you get this? Landry never surrendered a TD his entire college career. They even lined him up in the slot to cover WR's man to man.

themightyjoegibbs 04-26-2007 05:01 PM

[QUOTE=offiss;302875]Where did you get this? Landry never surrendered a TD his entire college career. They even lined him up in the slot to cover WR's man to man.[/QUOTE]

L.Landry 4.35 40 I'm sure he can cover anywhere. Even his less talented brother who was the Ravens rookie starting Safety yielded at most 2 td's all season. Football is in this families blood and the best has yet to be drafted.

Its a shame we bet this years draft on last years no shows(Rocky,Lloyd) b/c this year is evident we have franchise players in Adams, Landry, and maybe Okoye who has accomplished a lot in his young age. No teams care about Springs-he is old news(perfect team to be in right..)so we can't trade him. I think it is time however Springs moves to safety cuz Taylor needs a vet to tell him to stop biting and taking horrible angles. Also, lets see if Jerry Ball really is doing his job in coaching.