Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   NFL Draft Central (http://www.thewarpath.net/nfl-draft-central/)
-   -   Hmmm....Who's he talking about? (http://www.thewarpath.net/nfl-draft-central/18035-hmmm-whos-he-talking-about.html)

724Skinsfan 04-28-2007 10:08 AM

Hmmm....Who's he talking about?

In our paper today, there's an [URL="http://www.roanoke.com/sports/profootball/wb/114903"]article[/URL] that Joe Gibbs is quoted saying:

"One year we got so caught up in two guys and there were things we didn't like about both of them. And you know what? The kid we loved, who we had rated [lower] ... I wish we'd taken him. That sucker has played his butt off and our pick, to be honest, has been problematic at times."

So who is it? Taylor or Rogers? If its Taylor, then I'm feeling a Landry pick coming on in a few hours.

[I]EDIT: Sorry for not putting it in the draft forum. I keep forgetting we have one. Feel free to move it, delete it or ban me for three centuries.[/I]

bigm29 04-28-2007 10:23 AM

Re: Hmmm....Who's he talking about?

Could have been McIntosh, which is why he didn't play. Thomas Howard was an OLB that was taken a few picks after him by the Raiders and he got 110 tackles on the #3 defense in the league.

Skins_4_Lyfe 04-28-2007 10:33 AM

How about taking "Almost" Rogers over Merriman!

724Skinsfan 04-28-2007 10:43 AM

[quote=bigm29;303553]Could have been McIntosh, which is why he didn't play. Thomas Howard was an OLB that was taken a few picks after him by the Raiders and he got 110 tackles on the #3 defense in the league.[/quote]

I thought about including him but I gues when I think of the words: [I]Redskins[/I] and [I]problematic[/I], I think of Taylor first.

Beemnseven 04-28-2007 10:50 AM

"Problematic" could mean that he just hasn't panned out.

Could it be the 2005 4th round selection of Manuel White? Just a pick or two later the Cowboys took UVA defensive end Chris Canty.

Master4Caster 04-28-2007 12:38 PM

Those are good guesses.

Whoever they are, I'm sure it's [I]not[/I] Taylor versus Winslow, Jr.

Pocket$ $traight 04-28-2007 01:42 PM

No way they are talking about Taylor. Williams loves him as well as the other coaches.

Rogers is a bigger disappointment in my eyes. Taylor has won games for them.

ArtMonkDrillz 04-28-2007 01:48 PM

I read that say the player they wanted has been problematic at times. Maybe he's talking about Merriman and the steroids thing.

EternalEnigma21 04-28-2007 02:45 PM

ST has had off the field issues, and a couple of on the field incedences, but who else were they high on that has produced in that draft? Winslow hasn't been playing his butt off...

skinsfanthru&thru 04-28-2007 08:00 PM

could possibly be Rogers cuz of his inconsistency and he wishes they had taken Merriman or Ware.
could be Taylor for obvious reasons and wishes they had taken Roy Williams(wr), DeAngelo Hall, Vilma, or Will Smith.

jsarno 04-28-2007 08:33 PM

[QUOTE=724Skinsfan;303551]In our paper today, there's an [URL="http://www.roanoke.com/sports/profootball/wb/114903"]article[/URL] that Joe Gibbs is quoted saying:

"One year we got so caught up in two guys and there were things we didn't like about both of them. And you know what? The kid we loved, who we had rated [lower] ... I wish we'd taken him. That sucker has played his butt off and our pick, to be honest, has been problematic at times."

So who is it? Taylor or Rogers? If its Taylor, then I'm feeling a Landry pick coming on in a few hours.

[I]EDIT: Sorry for not putting it in the draft forum. I keep forgetting we have one. Feel free to move it, delete it or ban me for three centuries.[/I][/QUOTE]

Wow, that's quite a statement...makes me worry about the decision makers in charge.

Skins_4_Lyfe 04-28-2007 08:59 PM

All this speculation is getting rediculous, there is no way in hell that he's talking about Sean; who is easily one of the best players taken that year. Its obvious that he's talking about taking Rogers (who I wouldn't be suprised if he were out of the league in a couple of years) over Merriman.

jsarno 04-28-2007 09:00 PM

[QUOTE=Skins_4_Lyfe;303936]All this speculation is getting rediculous, there is no way in hell that he's talking about Sean; who is easily one of the best player taken that year. Its obvious that he's talking about taking Rogers (who I wouldn't be suprised if he were out of the league in a couple of years) over Merriman.[/QUOTE]

Rogers will be around for a while. He's good, just not great. He makes a good second or third CB.

Skins_4_Lyfe 04-28-2007 09:03 PM

[quote=jsarno;303938]Rogers will be around for a while. He's good, just not great. He makes a good second or third CB.[/quote]
HE SUCKS....

jsarno 04-28-2007 09:05 PM

[QUOTE=Skins_4_Lyfe;303941]HE SUCKS....[/QUOTE]

He's not THAT bad. He's just not a #1...I think him being thrust into that position last year, and everyone focusing on him hurt him. He played well down the stretch.