Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   NFL Draft Central (http://www.thewarpath.net/nfl-draft-central/)
-   -   Dallas Sartz (http://www.thewarpath.net/nfl-draft-central/18056-dallas-sartz.html)

EARTHQUAKE2689 04-29-2007 01:47 PM

Dallas Sartz

our fifth rounder a great pickup at this spot saw him play at usc perfect groom to replace flect when he leaves smart pick up a really good player a work horse and another everydown middle linebacker when he isw ready to play

jsarno 04-29-2007 02:10 PM

Re: dallas startz

[QUOTE=EARTHQUAKE2689;304156]our fifth rounder a great pickup at this spot saw him play at usc perfect groom to replace flect when he leaves smart pick up a really good player a work horse and another everydown middle linebacker when he isw ready to play[/QUOTE]

What's the deal with the Cowboys references? LaRon [B]LANDRY[/B] and [b]DALLAS[/b] Sartz.
I'm not sold on this Dallas kid...and having a name like that means he better perform very well. haha.

GMScud 04-29-2007 02:26 PM

I personally think this is a great pick. Yeah, yeah, his name is Dallas. But this guy is a beast. 6-5 235lbs, great strength. Hey, he started on that Southern Cal defense. That alone says a lot. His 40-time wasn't great (4.7), but he had 23 tackles for a loss and 13 sacks at USC. Great motor and apparently a character guy too. Plus we need more depth at OLB. Here's his profile from NFL.com:

[URL="http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/sartz_dallas"]NFL.com - Prospect Profiles[/URL]

GMScud 04-29-2007 02:27 PM

[quote=EARTHQUAKE2689;304156]our fifth rounder a great pickup at this spot saw him play at usc perfect groom to replace flect when he leaves smart pick up a really good player a work horse and another everydown middle linebacker when he isw ready to play[/quote]

Sartz is an OLB, not a MLB.

stu_nna 04-29-2007 02:32 PM

many Linebackers get converted, and there's no better time than when they first enter the leauge

jsarno 04-29-2007 02:33 PM

[QUOTE=GMScud;304181]I personally think this is a great pick. Yeah, yeah, his name is Dallas. But this guy is a beast. 6-5 235lbs, great strength. Hey, he started on that Southern Cal defense. That alone says a lot. His 40-time wasn't great (4.7), but he had 23 tackles for a loss and 13 sacks at USC. Great motor and apparently a character guy too. Plus we need more depth at OLB. Here's his profile from NFL.com:

[URL="http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/sartz_dallas"]NFL.com - Prospect Profiles[/URL][/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link...I am surprised he led the team last year in sacks.
I am concerned that he had an extra season to play (was a medical hardship in 05) and get even better than the other guys, and no one had him ranked higher than a 5th round pick. Why do you think that is?

skinsguy 04-29-2007 02:34 PM

I think the Redskins picked him up mainly for special teams and to add a little bit of depth to our linebackers.

jsarno 04-29-2007 02:38 PM

[QUOTE=stu_nna;304187]many Linebackers get converted, and there's no better time than when they first enter the leauge[/QUOTE]

I like what they say about him here:
Self-motivated player with great character and work ethic Plays at a high intensity level and is a favorite of the coaching staff because of his team-first attitude Aggressive tackler who has the good pad level and leg drive to step up and take on the lead blocker in attempts to plug the rush lanes.

START HIM! haha J/K.

GMScud 04-29-2007 02:41 PM

[quote=wilsowilso;304185]I bet they try and convert him to MLB. His profile says his strength is inside the box and he has a frame to add weight.[/quote]

You could be right because apparently he's quick but not blazing fast. Imagine if he gains 15lbs- that's 6-5 250 stuffing the middle. Cool with me.
Is anyone else excited that we got probably the best LB from Southern Cal who led that monster defense in sacks?? I'm psyched about this pick, and like jsarno, I'm curious why he fell into the 5th round.

jsarno 04-29-2007 02:45 PM

[QUOTE=GMScud;304192]You could be right because apparently he's quick but not blazing fast. Imagine if he gains 15lbs- that's 6-5 250 stuffing the middle. Cool with me.
Is anyone else excited that we got probably the best LB from Southern Cal who led that monster defense in sacks?? I'm psyched about this pick, and like jsarno, I'm curious why he fell into the 5th round.[/QUOTE]

When this kid hits the weight room, he could be a beast.

SkinsFanSince91 04-29-2007 02:57 PM

we just drafted another frickin LB!!!

Someone must love LBs in the FO. We still need help on the DL.

Maybe they can convert Sartz into and end?

jsarno 04-29-2007 03:17 PM

[QUOTE=SkinsFanSince91;304209]we just drafted another frickin LB!!!

Someone must love LBs in the FO. We still need help on the DL.

Maybe they can convert Sartz into and end?[/QUOTE]

You're preaching to choir about having a subpar DL, but there is no good talent left. Might as well take some chances on some LB's producing. We are not going to get any DE's other than through a trade or June 1st casualty.

jsarno 04-29-2007 03:19 PM

[QUOTE=SkinsFanSince91;304209]

Maybe they can convert Sartz into and end?[/QUOTE]

I'm not a fan of conversions, but this kid has the size and QB hunting ability to be converted.