Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Im not alone, am I....? (next year's draft) (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=18109)

SkinEmAll 05-01-2007 10:04 PM

Im not alone, am I....? (next year's draft)

Who is excited about having all of our draft picks for next year? I know I am. I know we are all fried on pretty much anything having to do with the draft. But Im so frickin tickled pink about having all of our picks in 08, for right now anyway, that I cant wait for next years draft already! Are their any real hardcore draft junkies here that have info on some of the expected top players for next year? Or am I just crazy to even be thinking about it? Ive only had 2 tasty beers (new castle,mmm) so I know thats not the cause of my premature excitement. Maybe Im just in shock, oh well. What do you guys think?

EARTHQUAKE2689 05-01-2007 10:06 PM

Re: Im not alone, am I....?

[quote=SkinEmAll;305697]Who is excited about having all of our draft picks for next year? I know I am. I know we are all fried on pretty much anything having to do with the draft. But Im so frickin tickled pink about having all of our picks in 08, for right now anyway, that I cant wait for next years draft already! Are their any real hardcore draft junkies here that have info on some of the expected top players for next year? Or am I just crazy to even be thinking about it? Ive only had 2 tasty beers (new castle,mmm) so I know thats not the cause of my premature excitement. Maybe Im just in shock, oh well. What do you guys think?[/quote]

no i am excited about all of them too

SmootSmack 05-01-2007 10:07 PM

A lot can happen between now and April 2008, so we may not have all our draft picks by then. And I'm more excited for the season than for next year's draft.

As for some names:

That DE dude out of USC-Jackson?
Dexter Manley's son from Oregon
Chris Long (Howie's son) DE out of UVA
Brian Brohm QB Louisville

GMScud 05-01-2007 10:12 PM

[quote=SkinEmAll;305697]Who is excited about having all of our draft picks for next year? I know I am. I know we are all fried on pretty much anything having to do with the draft. But Im so frickin tickled pink about having all of our picks in 08, for right now anyway, that I cant wait for next years draft already! Are their any real hardcore draft junkies here that have info on some of the expected top players for next year? Or am I just crazy to even be thinking about it? Ive only had 2 tasty beers (new castle,mmm) so I know thats not the cause of my premature excitement. Maybe Im just in shock, oh well. What do you guys think?[/quote]

Well, free agency isn't over yet. No guarantee all those draft picks will still be there before training camp starts. Frankly I wouldn't mind dumping a 3rd or 4th rounder for Kris Jenkins. Here's a link from SI on their top 25 prospects going into next year:

[URL="http://www4.cnnsi.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0704/gallery.nfl.2008.draft.candids/content.1.html"]SI.com - Photo Gallery - Top 25 NFL Draft Candidates for 2008[/URL]

EARTHQUAKE2689 05-01-2007 10:17 PM

[quote=GMScud;305702]Well, free agency isn't over yet. No guarantee all those draft picks will still be there before training camp starts. Frankly I wouldn't mind dumping a 3rd or 4th rounder for Kris Jenkins. Here's a link from SI on their top 25 prospects going into next year:

[URL="http://www4.cnnsi.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0704/gallery.nfl.2008.draft.candids/content.1.html"]SI.com - Photo Gallery - Top 25 NFL Draft Candidates for 2008[/URL][/quote]

and the washingtonpost.com says that gibbs has said that us tradins some 2008 picks arent out of the question

724Skinsfan 05-01-2007 10:21 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;305700]A lot can happen between now and April 2008, so we may not have all our draft picks by then. And I'm more excited for the season than for next year's draft.

As for some names:

Brian Brohm QB Louisville[/quote]

Don't forget [URL="http://http://www4.cnnsi.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0704/gallery.nfl.2008.draft.candids/content.8.html"]Vernon Gholston[/URL]. How sweet would that be to have two Dlinemen with nearly identical names: Golston & Gholston.

"Did Golston get that sack?"

"No. I'm pretty sure Gholston got it."

GusFrerotte 05-01-2007 10:29 PM

Keep the picks for god sake!!!!!!!!

SkinEmAll 05-01-2007 10:32 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;305700]A lot can happen between now and April 2008, so we may not have all our draft picks by then. And I'm more excited for the season than for next year's draft.

As for some names:

Brian Brohm QB Louisville[/quote]

Oh dont get me wrong, I am sooo excited about this year as well, and yes we could still dish a pick or two away for a player, but still its like, wow we might actually have a good # of picks next year.

GMScud 05-01-2007 10:35 PM

[quote=SkinEmAll;305711]Oh dont get me wrong, I am sooo excited about this year as well, and yes we could still dish a pick or two away for a player, but still its like, wow we might actually have a good # of picks next year.[/quote]

I think it's a safe bet we'll trade one or two away, I just hope we keep the 1st,2nd,3rd. You expect picks in the first three rounds to be eventual starters.

dmek25 05-01-2007 10:37 PM

we didn't have enough draft threads before? now we are talking about next years already

GusFrerotte 05-01-2007 10:38 PM

With hearing Keyshawn being released there is a decent chance we might have some defensive linemen come our way post June 1 and we don't have to give up any picks. When we do that(give up picks) we box ourselves in building with free agency being the sole way to build the team. The fact is except for Landry, the low picks won't be on the active squad come September and probably will never make it. Palmer might after a year or two in NFL Europe. Blades and co. might make special teams at best. Realisitically, only 1-3 rounders are worth a damn, unless you luck out with a diamond in the rough, which is rare.

Pocket$ $traight 05-01-2007 11:01 PM

Not to be a buzzkill but next year will be without Gibbs.

SC Skins Fan 05-01-2007 11:04 PM

This is hardly worth repeating, but did anyone see on Cold Pizza where they did a mock draft for 2008. They said the Redskins would have the first overall pick (which I guess they take from the fact that they had so few draft picks and all they know about football is what happened in the past three days) but I missed who they said they would take (not that it really matters). It is crazy how much the projected top 25 changes in the course of 12 months.

AlvinWalton'sNeckBrace 05-01-2007 11:07 PM

they said we would be the worst team in football this year???

SC Skins Fan 05-01-2007 11:10 PM

[quote=GMScud;305702]Well, free agency isn't over yet. No guarantee all those draft picks will still be there before training camp starts. Frankly I wouldn't mind dumping a 3rd or 4th rounder for Kris Jenkins. Here's a link from SI on their top 25 prospects going into next year:

[URL="http://www4.cnnsi.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0704/gallery.nfl.2008.draft.candids/content.1.html"]SI.com - Photo Gallery - Top 25 NFL Draft Candidates for 2008[/URL][/quote]

Have they ever seen Ainge throw a football? I bet that guy goes undrafted. Looks like it should hopefully be a deep draft at DL, though, which would be nice.