Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Film Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/film-room/)
-   -   H.B. Blades laying some wood (http://www.thewarpath.net/film-room/18113-h-b-blades-laying-some-wood.html)

Mattyk 05-02-2007 10:01 AM

H.B. Blades laying some wood

[yt]iFpU4pNPV1A[/yt]

TheMalcolmConnection 05-02-2007 10:04 AM

Re: H.B. Blades laying some wood

Wow, he KILLED that guy.

mredskins 05-02-2007 10:07 AM

Now These Are Every Where!

redsk1 05-02-2007 10:11 AM

This may have been brought up, but does anyone know why Blades slid so far in the draft. I remember him being one of the top Lb's some months ago. Hell, i had never heard of Dallas Sartz and he was taken before Blades.

gabe1984 05-02-2007 10:17 AM

Yesterday I went to go get my haircut, and one of the barbers told me that Blades was one of his favorite college players, and he was pissed that he went to the Redskins because they wouldn't play him. I just thought it was good that there's other people out there that think this guy can play.

12thMan 05-02-2007 10:21 AM

[quote=gabe1984;305916]Yesterday I went to go get my haircut, and one of the barbers told me that Blades was one of his favorite college players, and he was pissed that he went to the Redskins because they wouldn't play him. I just thought it was good that there's other people out there that think this guy can play.[/quote]

A girl that works with graduated from Pitt, and said he was conference player of the week like once or twice. Said he could play.

She too didn't like the fact that he's a Redskin.

Mattyk 05-02-2007 10:23 AM

[quote=redsk1;305907]This may have been brought up, but does anyone know why Blades slid so far in the draft. I remember him being one of the top Lb's some months ago. Hell, i had never heard of Dallas Sartz and he was taken before Blades.[/quote]

His lack of ideal size probably had something to do with it.

bigSkinsfan61 05-02-2007 11:58 AM

That is too bad about everyone's friends that didn't like the fact that blades is now a redskin. If their fav team was insightful enough they would have picked him instead of us. Go skins...

gabe1984 05-02-2007 12:01 PM

[quote=bigSkinsfan61;305968]That is too bad about everyone's friends that didn't like the fact that blades is now a redskin. If their fav team was insightful enough they would have picked him instead of us. Go skins...[/quote]

Actually, I wouldnt consider the barber my friend. In fact, he's never even cut my hair before, and that was the first time I've ever spoke to him. I was just talking to him while I was waiting for the other barber I wanted to cut my hair to finish with the person she was with.

Rajmahal33 05-02-2007 12:22 PM

Maybe he is the cerebral type...cuz he sure did rack up the tackles. Unfortunately though the Big East isn't exactly a football powerhouse conference over the past 4 years. There were probably questions about the talent level that he played against.

JankySpanky80 05-02-2007 12:27 PM

I seem to think both Blades and Sartx will make this team and contribute on special teams. They both have upside. Look at Golaston and Montgomery. Nobody thought they would make it through camp. Slowly but surely the skins revamping the defense with youth. D now has several young players in Taylor, Landry, Rogers, McIntosh, Blades, Golston, Doughty, Montgomery, and Sartz.

12thMan 05-02-2007 12:27 PM

[quote=Rajmahal33;305980]Maybe he is the cerebral type...cuz he sure did rack up the tackles. Unfortunately though the Big East isn't exactly a football powerhouse conference over the past 4 years. There were probably questions about the talent level that he played against.[/quote]

Good point you bring up about the Big East not being a football powerhouse.

For that very reason I think the Skins chose Landry over Okoye. One lined up against up SEC talent four years straight, and the other played in an inferior conference.

hooskins 05-02-2007 12:29 PM

[quote=12thMan;305986]Good point you bring up about the Big East not being a football powerhouse.

For that very reason I think the Skins chose Landry over Okoye. One lined up against up SEC talent four years straight, and the other played in an inferior conference.[/quote]

Gibbs specifically said in his interview that he had no idea they had drafted soo many SEC talents recently(A reporter asked him why focus on the SEC). He said the Skins just went for the best player and he now noticed quite a bit of them were SEC.

Take what you like, but this is just fact. He did say that.

12thMan 05-02-2007 12:33 PM

[quote=hooskins;305989]Gibbs specifically said in his interview that he had no idea they had drafted soo many SEC talents recently(A reporter asked him why focus on the SEC). He said the Skins just went for the best player and he now noticed quite a bit of them were SEC.

Take what you like, but this is just fact. He did say that.[/quote]

The fact is very simple; I believe the SEC produce more NFL ready players.

Longtimefan 05-02-2007 12:36 PM

I love his attitude, look foreward to watching his continued development.