Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Gear (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-gear/)
-   -   Sammy Baugh Autograph with 5 other QBs (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-gear/18195-sammy-baugh-autograph-5-other-qbs.html)

Darrell_Green_28 05-09-2007 02:44 AM

Sammy Baugh Autograph with 5 other QBs

Check out this card on ebay and let me know what yall think. Thanks
[URL="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=017&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=270118803759&rd=1&rd=1"]eBay: 2004 Playoff Prestige Prime Pairing Autographs # 18/33 (item 270118803759 end time May-18-07 23:32:38 PDT)[/URL]

Sammy Baugh Fan 05-09-2007 07:34 AM

Re: Sammy Baugh Autograph with 5 other QBs

Not worth $400 bro

Sammy Baugh has not signed an auto in 3 years I believe. What are past off as his auto are his signature on pesonal checks from years ago. You should be able to find his auto on an item he signed for much less and having more value.

Also multiple autos on 1 item drop it's value as well as if they personalize an auto to a certain name or person.

For $400 you are better off buying a 1948 Sammy Baugh rookie cards.

My opinion
mike
Good luck

Redskin Rich 05-09-2007 08:59 AM

If you looking at is as a Sammy Baugh... then why? You can buy his signed checks online for 50ish bucks.... I can tell you of several sellers in MD & VA that did signings with him before he went in the nursing home who will sell you signed mini helmets, jerseys, footballs & pics for less than this.

SC Skins Fan 05-09-2007 09:01 AM

Sick card, as a collector I'd love to have it. Since it is /33 it is priced by Beckett, though I don't have that info on me at the moment. You can get a cut Autograph from this years Playoff National Treasures /100 for around $100 and he is going to have some really sweet memorabilia cards in this years Donruss Classics release which comes out in June or early July.

If you click on the 2007 Classics link on the right of the screen it will take you to the buy page for the product which shows some of the Baugh stuff.

[url=http://www.donruss.com/]Donruss :: Playoff :: Leaf :: Score - Trading Cards[/url]

Here is my own collection of Redskins stuff, the best being my still growing Jason Campbell collection in case anyone is into that sort of thing.

[url=http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m295/foleyek/]foleyek - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting[/url]

Redskin Rich 05-09-2007 10:19 AM

Hard for me to imagine spending that much for "a piece of cardboard"... but I have lots of friends that are into collecting cards.... and of course, you should see my autographed jersey collection which I am sure alot of people don't get.

Monkeydad 05-09-2007 10:54 AM

Would it be legal to sell his checks? I hope they remove his account number.

Monkeydad 05-09-2007 10:55 AM

Aikman, Baugh and Cunningham.

Ok boys and girls, let's play "which two of these are not like the other".

SC Skins Fan 05-09-2007 11:25 AM

[quote=Redskin Rich;308525]Hard for me to imagine spending that much for "a piece of cardboard"... but I have lots of friends that are into collecting cards.... and of course, you should see my autographed jersey collection which I am sure alot of people don't get.[/quote]

This is a bit OT, but the way I justify it is that these things have built in resale value. If you can get a good price then you can sell higher later if need be. It isn't like buying something and your money is just gone, it is putting your money into a commodity. Stocks might be better investments, but not nearly as much fun. Just my two cents. $400 is too high, but he is taking best offers so he doesn't expect getting that much back.

Redskin Rich 05-09-2007 07:17 PM

[quote=Buster;308541]Would it be legal to sell his checks? I hope they remove his account number.[/quote]
Take a look on Ebay.... there are lots of old checks on guys... I have a Sammy Baugh he wrote to the country club in the 80s.... has his address and phone number along with all of the account information. I had even done a reverse look up when I got the check... and the phone number was listed in his name at that time (that was before he went into the nursing home.

ArcticRed 05-09-2007 10:10 PM

For those who dont mind telling ... what is your top pride and joy piece in your Redskins memorabilia collection? Heck lets go one step further ....

Top piece and most unusual.

Gmanc711 05-10-2007 02:07 AM

About 10 years ago, this would be a steal. But the way this industry has gone since the invention of the internet (or growth of it), no way. You can find much better deals.

72SKINS 05-10-2007 06:35 AM

[QUOTE=ArcticRed;308653]For those who dont mind telling ... what is your top pride and joy piece in your Redskins memorabilia collection? Heck lets go one step further ....

Top piece and most unusual.[/QUOTE]

Well my most prized piece of Skins memorabilia would be a game ball from 1976 that Mark Moseley kicked for a field goal at RFK.(signed by 20 or so players) I guess my 2nd would be a 3 way tie. I have a 64 team pics signed by 19 players, 52 team picture signed by 13 plaerys and a 74 team picture signed by 15 players.. Those item I could never get rid of. they have taken me way to much time and money to obtain. The rest of my stuff is replacable.

HTTR. !!

Redskin Rich 05-10-2007 09:02 AM

[quote=Gmanc711;308679]About 10 years ago, this would be a steal. But the way this industry has gone since the invention of the internet (or growth of it), no way. You can find much better deals.[/quote]

Yes, you can find ALOT of good deals as the internet has grown... but you have to be careful.... because SO MANY of the autographs online are fakes... you really have to check things out.

Monkeydad 05-10-2007 12:21 PM

[quote=ArcticRed;308653]For those who dont mind telling ... what is your top pride and joy piece in your Redskins memorabilia collection? Heck lets go one step further ....

Top piece and most unusual.[/quote]

I have a couple of Gibbs autographs, one a Redskins card, the other a NASCAR card.

SmootSmack 05-10-2007 12:25 PM

I got these placemats from Shakey's Pizza with Redskins on them. Bad Ass!