Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Other Sports (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Foreman says he might have been drugged before The Rumble In The Jungle (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=18343)

ArtMonkDrillz 05-22-2007 10:06 AM

Foreman says he might have been drugged before The Rumble In The Jungle

[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=2878507]ESPN.com: Foreman: I was drugged before 'Rumble' with Ali[/url]

I don't know if this is true, but I would hate to find out that it was. The fight happened well before I was born but I've seen it on ESPN Classic about 300 times, so I'd be so disappointed if I found out there was shadiness afoot (that's right I said 'afoot').

I've heard that some people think the fight was fixed, saying that the punch that KO'd Foremen never actually connected, but I don't buy that.

FRPLG 05-22-2007 10:15 AM

Re: Foreman says he might have been drugged before The Rumble In The Jungle

[QUOTE=ArtMonkDrillz;312044]I'd be so disappointed if I found out there was shadiness afoot.[/QUOTE]

Boxing is basically all shadiness and has been since the 70's really.

dmek25 05-22-2007 11:15 AM

cant anyone just lose because they weren't good enough? foreman was a helluva puncher, but not to smart in the ring. up to that fight, he just mowed everyone down. kind of like a young Mike Tyson. i wanted him to beat Ali, but Ali was just too good

Hog1 05-22-2007 11:21 AM

I might have been better to have voiced this accusation 30 years ago.

EARTHQUAKE2689 05-22-2007 04:15 PM

i dont think he was

Riggo44 05-22-2007 07:32 PM

[QUOTE=Hog1;312078]I might have been better to have voiced this accusation 30 years ago.[/QUOTE]

No kidding. Go back to selling your Forman grill.

dall-assblows 05-22-2007 07:44 PM

he wasnt drugged. dont you think he would of come out with this a little earlier if he were?

he just wants to sell more books.

skinsfan_nn 05-22-2007 08:02 PM

He was getting his ass beat so bad......he just thought he was drugged.

THE END.

dall-assblows 05-22-2007 10:02 PM

[quote=skinsfan_nn;312312]He was getting his ass beat so bad......he just thought he was drugged.

THE END.[/quote]

damn straight.

ali f ed him up.

Monkeydad 05-25-2007 02:12 PM

I saw an interview about this.

George was just saying someone offered him some water and he drank it. Then he said it tasted funny and said "Is there medicine in this water? I don't want medicine in my water!"

:cheeky-sm

ArtMonkDrillz 05-25-2007 02:29 PM

This fight took place outside in the middle of Africa, and even though it started at 5am it was as hot as, well, Africa there. Even though Foreman had been training there for some time before the fight his body just wasn't used to the heat; combine that with Ali's rope-a-dope tactic and he pretty much just beat himself.

Ha, I'm reading the wiki page on the fight and I just came across this quote:
[QUOTE]Foreman later claimed that Ali's trainers had loosened up the ropes to benefit Ali, but he apologized for those comments after the fight.[citation needed] He produced a number of excuses over the years to explain his loss. Foreman even suggested that he may have been drugged by his own corner before the fight, and claimed in his memoir God in My Corner that he could taste something medicinal in his water.[/QUOTE]

Dmek was right on. He played right into Ali's hands and lost, enough said!

EARTHQUAKE2689 05-25-2007 02:33 PM

[quote=skinsfan_nn;312312]He was getting his ass beat so bad......he just thought he was drugged.

THE END.[/quote]

very well put i have seen that fight on espn classic several times and each time he has gotten his ass whipped

dall-assblows 05-25-2007 03:27 PM

[quote=EARTHQUAKE2689;313374]very well put i have seen that fight on espn classic several times and each time he has gotten his ass whipped[/quote]

i dont get your sig at all. please enlighten me.

Monkeydad 05-25-2007 03:48 PM

[quote=dall-assblows;313395]i dont get your sig at all. please enlighten me.[/quote]

Seeing that it contains the word "cat" and "sausage", I bet you'll regret saying that.

dall-assblows 05-25-2007 04:46 PM

[quote=Buster;313412]Seeing that it contains the word "cat" and "sausage", I bet you'll regret saying that.[/quote]

still dont get it.........................