Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Gear (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Betts jerseys finally available (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=18367)

Redskin Rich 05-23-2007 07:47 PM

Betts jerseys finally available

[url=http://store.redskins.com/productinfo.asp?item=563&deptcode1=537]LADELL BETTS REPL JERSEY[/url]

About time they started making the jerseys... with CP's tendonitis, LB will end up with back to back 1000 + yard seasons.

Pocket$ $traight 05-23-2007 08:23 PM

Re: Betts jerseys finally available

[quote=Redskin Rich;312720][URL="http://store.redskins.com/productinfo.asp?item=563&deptcode1=537"]LADELL BETTS REPL JERSEY[/URL]

About time they started making the jerseys... with CP's tendonitis, LB will end up with back to back 1000 + yard seasons.[/quote]

If that is the case it will be another disappointing season.

Redskin Rich 05-23-2007 08:26 PM

[quote=Grim21Reaper;312725]If that is the case it will be another disappointing season.[/quote]
Well, I have a long track history of saying I hope I am wrong but expect that for the season.

MTK 05-24-2007 09:48 AM

I think it's a bit premature to rule out CP based on knee tendonitis in May.

It's a very treatable condition.

Dirtbag59 05-24-2007 12:29 PM

[quote=Mattyk72;312851]I think it's a bit premature to rule out CP based on knee tendonitis in May.

It's a very treatable condition.[/quote]

Your probably right, but who knows. I'm scared of hearing that 'Clinton Portis had a decent year, but was slowed down at times by tendonitis developed in his knee' throughout the season.

GridIron26 05-24-2007 12:34 PM

Why is that?? Don't forget we have Baylock, whom played great with Al Saunders' playbook at KC Chiefs.. So if by some unfortunate, we lost CP again for this season.. I don't think we will have problem tho..

Redskin Rich 05-24-2007 01:39 PM

I still say that Betts started 8 games last year and rushed for a season total of 1154 yards... And he is the smash mouth style we like.... I like him as our number 1 anyway.

Southpaw 05-24-2007 02:15 PM

[quote=Redskin Rich;312924]I still say that Betts started 8 games last year and rushed for a season total of 1154 yards... And he is the smash mouth style we like.... I like him as our number 1 anyway.[/quote]

I'd like Betts a lot more if people would stop claiming that he's smash mouth, a tank, a Gibbs kind of back, and all the other adjectives that make him sound like a Riggins style runner.

MTK 05-24-2007 02:18 PM

[quote=Southpaw;312931]I'd like Betts a lot more if people would stop claiming that he's smash mouth, a tank, a Gibbs kind of back, and all the other adjectives that make him sound like a Riggins style runner.[/quote]

LOL seriously, I think that's one of the biggest misconceptions around here. Sorry I just don't see Betts as a power back. He's no Stephen Davis that's for sure.

Redskin Rich 05-24-2007 02:51 PM

[quote=Mattyk72;312932]LOL seriously, I think that's one of the biggest misconceptions around here. Sorry I just don't see Betts as a power back. He's no Stephen Davis that's for sure.[/quote]
Matty, do you remember the start of Stephen Davis's career... nobody thought he would be the everydown back... remember, his break out year, they went into training camp with Skip Hicks ordained as the starter with Stephen Davis as a full back.

MTK 05-24-2007 03:00 PM

Yeah, Davis learned how to run with power from his time playing fullback.

Redskin Rich 05-24-2007 03:10 PM

[quote=Mattyk72;312953]Yeah, Davis learned how to run with power from his time playing fullback.[/quote]
Well, until he proves me wrong... I will stick with a guy that got over 1100 yards only starting half the season.... I think that shows he learned something from his years getting splinters in his a$$

dmek25 05-24-2007 03:27 PM

do you seriously think that portis wouldn't have more yards in those 8 games? those holes were monstrous, and portis definitely knows how to make people miss. that, and he doesn't fumble.

Redskin Rich 05-24-2007 03:32 PM

[quote=dmek25;312966]do you seriously think that portis wouldn't have more yards in those 8 games? those holes were monstrous, and portis definitely knows how to make people miss. that, and he doesn't fumble.[/quote]
I seriously believe that Portis has been beaten up in his years and he is going to have a very short career.

Southpaw 05-24-2007 03:50 PM

[quote=Redskin Rich;312962]Well, until he proves me wrong... I will stick with a guy that got over 1100 yards only starting half the season.... [/quote]

I'll take the guy that is the 5th fastest player in NFL history to reach 6,000 career rushing yards.

Redskin Rich 05-24-2007 03:54 PM

[quote=Southpaw;312982]I'll take the guy that is the 5th fastest player in NFL history to reach 6,000 career rushing yards.[/quote]
But he missed half of last season with injuries, and tendonitis can be a nagging injury in the knee of a running back.

Ever heard of the expression: "Ridden hard & put away wet"?
:bdh:

Southpaw 05-24-2007 03:56 PM

[quote=Redskin Rich;312986]But he missed half of last season with injuries, and tendonitis can be a nagging injury in the knee of a running back.[/quote]

And last season was the first season that Betts has gone all year without missing a game due to injury in his four year career, in spite of the fact that he wasn't even the starter before late last year. He's not exactly a pillar of health either.

Redskin Rich 05-24-2007 03:59 PM

[quote=Southpaw;312987]And last season was the first season that Betts has gone all year without missing a game due to injury in his four year career, in spite of the fact that he wasn't even the starter before late last year. He's not exactly a pillar of health either.[/quote]
Well, we can argue our opinions all we want...:hitfan: but let's see who has it on their face at the end of the season (and I hope they both have 1000 yards)

:headbange

Pocket$ $traight 05-24-2007 11:56 PM

[quote=Mattyk72;312932]LOL seriously, I think that's one of the biggest misconceptions around here. Sorry I just don't see Betts as a power back. He's no Stephen Davis that's for sure.[/quote]

Stephen Davis was incredible the year that he won the job. Marshall was the best but Davis was just as good as James IMO.

EARTHQUAKE2689 05-25-2007 12:14 AM

[quote=Redskin Rich;312924]I still say that Betts started 8 games last year and rushed for a season total of 1154 yards... And he is the smash mouth style we like.... I like him as our number 1 anyway.[/quote]

now that is assanine clinton portis is twice the downhill runner that ladell betts is no way in hell do i like him as our number one back

KLHJ2 05-25-2007 12:24 AM

Here are a couple of interesting tid bits. Clinton Portis was never healthy last season, but before he was placed on IR he was second in the league with touchdowns. Yes, he may not have had the "100 yard games" that everyone is so crazy about, but his touches were limited. But when he did touch it, he broke off big ones. I imagine that if he was healthy all of last year, he might have had a 2000 yard season. While Betts has proven he can get the job done (minus scoring) he is in no means as good as or better than CP!

EARTHQUAKE2689 05-25-2007 12:27 AM

[quote=angryssg;313127]Here are a couple of interesting tid bits. Clinton Portis was never healthy last season, but before he was placed on IR he was second in the league with touchdowns. Yes, he may not have had the "100 yard games" that everyone is so crazy about, but his touches were limited. But when he did touch it, he broke off big ones. I imagine that if he was healthy all of last year, he might have had a 2000 yard season. While Betts has proven he can get the job done (minus scoring) he is in no means as good as or better than CP![/quote]

and he never will be as good as CP

look at this:

he is faster than betts
he is stronger than betts
he breaks more tackles than betts
he catches better than betts
and he is a better blocker than betts

overall he is better than betts at everything except fumbling

KLHJ2 05-25-2007 12:30 AM

[quote=EARTHQUAKE2689;313131]and he never will be as good as CP

look at this:

he is faster than betts
he is stronger than betts
he breaks more tackles than betts
he catches better than betts
and he is a better blocker than betts

overall he is better than betts at everything except fumbling[/quote]

I think that he holds on to the ball better than Betts too. Some of CP's fumbles were questionable, while Betts just plain got stripped.

EARTHQUAKE2689 05-25-2007 12:36 AM

[quote=Redskin Rich;312986]But he missed half of last season with injuries, and tendonitis can be a nagging injury in the knee of a running back.

Ever heard of the expression: "Ridden hard & put away wet"?
:bdh:[/quote]

this was the first season in which clinton portis missed significant time due to injury

Redskin Rich 05-25-2007 08:16 AM

[quote=angryssg;313127]Here are a couple of interesting tid bits. Clinton Portis was never healthy last season, but before he was placed on IR he was second in the league with touchdowns. Yes, he may not have had the "100 yard games" that everyone is so crazy about, but his touches were limited. But when he did touch it, he broke off big ones. I imagine that if he was healthy all of last year, he might have had a 2000 yard season. While Betts has proven he can get the job done (minus scoring) he is in no means as good as or better than CP![/quote]
Of course.... how many times has this debate circulated this offseason... only the season will tell......

You are making my point for me... Portis is now having his volume of touch catch up with him. Ever hear of Terrell Davis?

MTK 05-25-2007 09:34 AM

In the end we're in a great position here with two quality backs. I honestly don't care who plays or runs for more yards, I think both guys are capable of putting up big numbers behind this offensive line.

EARTHQUAKE2689 05-25-2007 09:37 AM

[quote=Redskin Rich;313199]Of course.... how many times has this debate circulated this offseason... only the season will tell......

You are making my point for me... Portis is now having his volume of touch catch up with him. Ever hear of Terrell Davis?[/quote]

Clinton Portis is not Terrell Davis. He does not have a serious knee injury, and once again this was the 1st season he has had because of significan injury and that was because he had a broken hand that he could have come back from if we had already not been eliminated from the playoffs. Clinton will be fine and he will rush for 1,500+ yards again in 2007 and log 13+ rushing touchdowns.

Redskin Rich 05-25-2007 12:00 PM

[quote=EARTHQUAKE2689;313228]Clinton Portis is not Terrell Davis. He does not have a serious knee injury, and once again this was the 1st season he has had because of significan injury and that was because he had a broken hand that he could have come back from if we had already not been eliminated from the playoffs. Clinton will be fine and he will rush for 1,500+ yards again in 2007 and log 13+ rushing touchdowns.[/quote]
Terrell Davis was not injured until he was injured.... CP has taken ALOT of hits and running backs with alot of abuse tend to have short careers.

Besides Quake, I thought they told you your posts had to be longer than your little standard statement (I have no idea what the F__K it is called)

beatdallas 05-25-2007 12:39 PM

I think that we're in good hands with either Portis or Betts.

We're in great shape with both.

I dont think RB is an area of concern for this team.

Redskin Rich 05-25-2007 12:56 PM

[quote=beatdallas;313291]I think that we're in good hands with either Portis or Betts.

We're in great shape with both.

I dont think RB is an area of concern for this team.[/quote]
Your 100% correct... but of course, training camp hasn't started yet, so what else are we going to argue about?

EARTHQUAKE2689 05-25-2007 12:58 PM

[quote=Redskin Rich;313277]Terrell Davis was not injured until he was injured.... CP has taken ALOT of hits and running backs with alot of abuse tend to have short careers.

Besides Quake, I thought they told you your posts had to be longer than your little standard statement (I have no idea what the F__K it is called)[/quote]

so that paragraph isnt long enough for you

Redskin Rich 05-25-2007 01:22 PM

[quote=EARTHQUAKE2689;313302]so that paragraph isnt long enough for you[/quote]
lol... Not when your signature is 4 paragraphs :cheeky-sm

EARTHQUAKE2689 05-25-2007 01:23 PM

[quote=Redskin Rich;313318]lol... Not when your signature is 4 paragraphs :cheeky-sm[/quote]

its not 4 paragraphs its 1 and i will change it when someone figures it out

Redskin Rich 05-25-2007 01:31 PM

[quote=EARTHQUAKE2689;313320]its not 4 paragraphs its 1 and i will change it when someone figures it out[/quote]
lol.... well, won't be me.... I have enough distractions... like this site.

EARTHQUAKE2689 05-25-2007 01:32 PM

[quote=Redskin Rich;313325]lol.... well, won't be me.... I have enough distractions... like this site.[/quote]

but it is so easy to figure out

Redskin Rich 05-25-2007 01:37 PM

[quote=EARTHQUAKE2689;313328]but it is so easy to figure out[/quote]
Why would I want to worry about dumb SH*T???

EARTHQUAKE2689 05-25-2007 01:46 PM

[quote=Redskin Rich;313332]Why would I want to worry about dumb SH*T???[/quote]

uh thanks i guess

Redskin Rich 05-25-2007 01:59 PM

[quote=EARTHQUAKE2689;313335]uh thanks i guess[/quote]
That is the solution to the riddle

EARTHQUAKE2689 05-25-2007 02:04 PM

[quote=Redskin Rich;313348]That is the solution to the riddle[/quote]

no it is not