Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Other Sports (http://www.thewarpath.net/other-sports/)
-   -   Kobe wants to be traded (http://www.thewarpath.net/other-sports/18425-kobe-wants-to-be-traded.html)

Mattyk 05-30-2007 04:55 PM

Kobe wants to be traded

Kobe Bryant, a nine-time National Basketball Association All-Star, said he wants to be traded by the Los Angeles Lakers because he's frustrated with the direction of the team.

"I would like to be traded, yeah,'' Bryant told ESPN Radio during an interview today. "Tough as it is to come to that conclusion, there's no other alternative.''

[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2886927]ESPN.com: Kobe Bryant fuming, demanding trade from Lakers[/url]

jamf 05-30-2007 06:58 PM

Re: Kobe wants to be traded

What a baby!
God I hate the Lakers.

skinsfan_nn 05-30-2007 07:00 PM

Basketball, I think I'm gonna throwup.....kobe isn't that a drink

wolfeskins 05-30-2007 07:34 PM

[quote=jamf;314371]What a baby!
God I hate the Lakers.[/quote]

well said.

dmek25 05-30-2007 07:34 PM

and he wonders why so many people hate him? the guys been catered to his entire life

ArtMonkDrillz 05-30-2007 08:01 PM

I love him as a player but I really can't stand the whining to the press or the bitching to the refs during the game.

SmootSmack 05-30-2007 08:55 PM

The Lakers should have told him they were planning on rebuilding when he was a free agent.

They're desperate to hold onto Bynum and Kwame at the possible expense of Kobe? Doesn't make sense to me.

But that front office has been messed up for years, right itvnetop?

dmek25 05-30-2007 09:56 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;314401]The Lakers should have told him they were planning on rebuilding when he was a free agent.

They're desperate to hold onto [B]Bynum and Kwame[/B] at the possible expense of Kobe? Doesn't make sense to me.

But that front office has been messed up for years, right itvnetop?[/quote]
this shows everyone what a mess the laker's front office really is. and SS, have you ever met Steven A Smith? he cant be a big of an ass that he comes off as

SmootSmack 05-30-2007 09:57 PM

[QUOTE=dmek25;314413]this shows everyone what a mess the laker's front office really is. and SS, have you ever met Steven A Smith? he cant be a big of an ass that he comes off as[/QUOTE]

Only person from the basketball team at ESPN that I've met is Tim Legler

EARTHQUAKE2689 05-30-2007 10:41 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;314401]The Lakers should have told him they were planning on rebuilding when he was a free agent.

They're desperate to hold onto Bynum and Kwame at the possible expense of Kobe? Doesn't make sense to me.

But that front office has been messed up for years, right itvnetop?[/quote]

they told him that they were trying to play now and that they were going to spend money

hooskins 05-31-2007 01:09 AM

Did you guys hear the latest report? He now says he doesn't wanna be traded, and that the Lakers are his team.

skinsfanthru&thru 05-31-2007 01:17 AM

it's just a power play to get Buss to bring back Jerry West whom the team should have done anything in their power to keep when he went to Memphis. if they can work out a trade for some like Garnett or sign a Jason Kidd though this whole thing dissapears.

hooskins 05-31-2007 01:46 PM

I highly doubt he is just making this up to get West. I think he is legitimately upset, but then he must have later talked to some other people and realized what he demanded is not gonna happen, and now he is backing off.

PFunk26 05-31-2007 03:08 PM

it's so stupid when guys ask to be traded one day then the next says this is my team, your team? yesterday you didn't wanna be there? and now they are your team?

itvnetop 06-02-2007 07:32 PM

[QUOTE=SmootSmack;314401]The Lakers should have told him they were planning on rebuilding when he was a free agent.

But that front office has been messed up for years, right itvnetop?[/QUOTE]

Yup SS, they've created a rift with their fans and management... alot of people are blaming Kupchak, but I truly believe he's just a puppet of Jerry Buss. The FO hasn't really treated their star players with the respect they probably deserved, so what the public saw was kobe-shaq drama, etc.

I'm probably on the dislike-Kobe end of the spectrum, but I have to admit I gained a little respect for him after it's revealed that he's been taking three years worth of criticism for the shaq debacle entirely on shoulders, when shaq even states the FO had just as big a role in flubbing it up (meaning buss).

But he still acted like a drama queen, going back and forth three or four times on Tuesday- in each interview, he'd flip up his stance!