Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What REALLY grinds your gears? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=18461)

Giantone 12-13-2016 07:20 PM

Re: What REALLY grinds your gears?

[quote=JoeRedskin;1158826]Been working (successfully) a case for two years, and it's now being heard by State's high court.

I am informed that, despite succeeding in the first level of appeals and knowing the issues & relevant case law in depth, the case involves too big an issue for me to be handling. As such, I am no longer assigned to it and folks who are clearly much, much smarter than me will be arguing it.

Been doing this sh** for 25 years, but, once again, just not good enough for the folks in the ivory towers who have checked off all the right boxes on their resume.[/quote]

Maybe time to start your own Ivory Towers?

MTK 12-17-2016 08:42 PM

Santa Con grinds my gears hardcore

Chico23231 01-18-2017 01:07 PM

My change was 80 cents...he gives me like 3 dimes and the rest nickels in change. Fuck these 1st world problems

mredskins 07-13-2017 08:32 AM

ESPY, who fawking cares.

I care more about who wins Mario Lopez's Candy Crush game on CBS then the stupid ESPY's

TheMalcolmConnection 07-13-2017 11:35 AM

The sheer amount of spam phone calls I'm getting on my cell phone and office phone. The shitty part is that I'm screening my calls now and sometimes I'm missing important messages. They should round all these fucks up and burn them.

Chico23231 07-13-2017 12:03 PM

[quote=TheMalcolmConnection;1171431]The sheer amount of spam phone calls I'm getting on my cell phone and office phone. The shitty part is that I'm screening my calls now and sometimes I'm missing important messages. They should round all these fucks up and burn them.[/quote]

me too...got one this morning. I get internet only from Comcast...Somehow that's now a license to call me once every 2 weeks to ask about cable. And their rotating local numbers between Richmond and Virginia Beach to try to throw my game off. My game is tight though.

skinsfaninok 07-13-2017 09:40 PM

2014 Challenger. 40k Miles on it, just moved to nY from OK, drove just fine, got the car inspected last week and today the damn battery light comes on and shortly after the car overheats... WTF is that??

TheMalcolmConnection 07-14-2017 08:48 AM

[quote=Chico23231;1171432]me too...got one this morning. I get internet only from Comcast...Somehow that's now a license to call me once every 2 weeks to ask about cable. And their rotating local numbers between Richmond and Virginia Beach to try to throw my game off. My game is tight though.[/quote]

The local number thing is what pisses me off the most. I do a lot of outside consulting in my town and the fake cell phones are tough because sometimes clients don't leave a message.

mredskins 07-14-2017 01:33 PM

[quote=skinsfaninok;1171444]2014 Challenger. 40k Miles on it, just moved to nY from OK, drove just fine, got the car inspected last week and today the damn battery light comes on and shortly after the car overheats... WTF is that??[/quote]

That happened to me when I moved from SC to RI. Apparently they sell a different type a battery in those regions due to their extreme heat/ cold.

But I mean you did it in the summer, odd.

skinsfaninok 07-14-2017 07:57 PM

[quote=mredskins;1171463]That happened to me when I moved from SC to RI. Apparently they sell a different type a battery in those regions due to their extreme heat/ cold.

But I mean you did it in the summer, odd.[/quote]

My belt slipped off due to being worn.. Nothing too major thankfully

TheMalcolmConnection 09-27-2017 02:15 PM

OK, today has been the last straw for me on one things that is grinding the fuck out of my gears...

...people walking into my office when my door is mostly closed without knocking. They come right around my desk too, plop their computer down and say, "Can you fix this?" Or just open the door right up, and start asking away. I just feel like common fucking decency is to ask, "Hey, is now a good time?" I've been interrupted on some stuff I need to concentrate on 20+ times today since I've been counting. I eventually CLOSED my door and put a note on it saying, "If my door is closed, please knock." 5 more came in, didn't knock.

I'm about to lay into someone. For the most part my "angry" is "civil", but someone is about to get lashed out at if they invade my shit again. Making me so fucking mad today.

over the mountain 09-27-2017 04:59 PM

Fart more. Seriously. Not to sound like some gross slob at work (Im not) but my office manager came into my office the other day and I had just ripped one, she then came to the side of my desk looking for a file.

I panicked a bit. Tried talking fast "no, that file is not in here" .. but she barged right in.

She left quickly.

mooby 09-27-2017 05:10 PM

[quote=TheMalcolmConnection;1175349]OK, today has been the last straw for me on one things that is grinding the fuck out of my gears...

...people walking into my office when my door is mostly closed without knocking. They come right around my desk too, plop their computer down and say, "Can you fix this?" Or just open the door right up, and start asking away. I just feel like common fucking decency is to ask, "Hey, is now a good time?" I've been interrupted on some stuff I need to concentrate on 20+ times today since I've been counting. I eventually CLOSED my door and put a note on it saying, "If my door is closed, please knock." 5 more came in, didn't knock.

I'm about to lay into someone. For the most part my "angry" is "civil", but someone is about to get lashed out at if they invade my shit again. Making me so fucking mad today.[/quote]

If you've already tried being firm about office etiquette, and it ain't working, time to step it up TMC. They are just gonna keep doing it until one day you lash out and you end up in HR, like you're the one that needs fixing.

MTK 09-27-2017 05:28 PM

[QUOTE=over the mountain;1175357]Fart more. Seriously. Not to sound like some gross slob at work (Im not) but my office manager came into my office the other day and I had just ripped one, she then came to the side of my desk looking for a file.

I panicked a bit. Tried talking fast "no, that file is not in here" .. but she barged right in.

She left quickly.[/QUOTE]

lol yesterday after having Chipotle for lunch I let a smelly burp slip and immediately a co-worker appeared at my desk and was in my face with a question. She backed right away.

mredskins 09-28-2017 08:19 AM

I know where I work I can't just ask IT for help. I need to fill out a ticket then there is all this protocol until they come fix it. If you just try to ask them they refer you to the ticket system.

Basically it is a glorified deli counter ticket system.