Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/)
-   -   Vince McMahon " dead " (Not really dead) (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/18566-vince-mcmahon-dead-not-really-dead.html)

Gmanc711 06-13-2007 02:01 PM

Vince McMahon " dead " (Not really dead)

I dont know if anyone caught this...and its been a while since I've seriously been into wrestling, but I still read up on whats going on...and they've finally killed off a charachter as Vince McMahon was "wacked" by his limo blowing up.... call me crazy, but how the hell can you kill off a real charachter? Anyone else see this?

Hog1 06-13-2007 02:02 PM

Re: Vince McMahon " dead " (Not really dead)

maybe at the critical moment, the tv goes off for five minutes................and he's..............gone!

EARTHQUAKE2689 06-13-2007 02:11 PM

[quote=Gmanc711;317713]I dont know if anyone caught this...and its been a while since I've seriously been into wrestling, but I still read up on whats going on...and they've finally killed off a charachter as Vince McMahon was "wacked" by his limo blowing up.... call me crazy, but how the hell can you kill off a real charachter? Anyone else see this?[/quote]

just shows how weird wrestling has become

dmek25 06-13-2007 02:36 PM

i don't watch anymore, but will still stop if channel surfing

EARTHQUAKE2689 06-13-2007 02:36 PM

[quote=dmek25;317730]i don't watch anymore, but will still stop if channel surfing[/quote]

REALLY you are not missing anything

BDBohnzie 06-13-2007 02:37 PM

I missed Raw Monday night (as ECW and Smackdown are inferior), and read about Mr. McMahon's "death". It cracks me up how some news sources took this literally, and that the city of Wilkes-Barre had to release a statement telling everyone that it was a stunt. It's certainly strange, but this is soap opera-ish, and he'll be back when he gets bored.

You'll see Shane take over his role on TV, and he'll just sit in Stamford, count his money and spend more time with the grandkids.

EARTHQUAKE2689 06-13-2007 02:38 PM

[quote=BDBohnzie;317732]I missed Raw Monday night (as ECW and Smackdown are inferior), and read about Mr. McMahon's "death". It cracks me up how some news sources took this literally, and that the city of Wilkes-Barre had to release a statement telling everyone that it was a stunt. It's certainly strange, but this is soap opera-ish, and he'll be back when he gets bored.

You'll see Shane take over his role on TV, and he'll just sit in Stamford, count his money and spend more time with the grandkids.[/quote]

man I wish I had his money

skinsfan_nn 06-13-2007 02:41 PM

Wrestling is no more than a daily soap opera.....it SUCKS! vince who

Mattyk 06-13-2007 02:42 PM

Wrastlin' seems to be much more dramatic and over the top then it was when I watched as a kid. It really has become a male soap opera.

BDBohnzie 06-13-2007 02:48 PM

It's always been a male soap opera, just more so now than before...back then, you still had the good guys fighting the bad (like a spaghetti western), now there is just more violence and sexual innuendo.

CooleyAsCanBe 06-13-2007 03:36 PM

I haven't watched since the late 80s, but I loved those old WWF characters. Junkyard Dog, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, The Iron Sheik, the list goes on and on. I even liked the short-lived saturday morning cartoon "Hulk Hogan's Rock 'N' Wrestling" (had to google to find the title).

The summerslam where Hulk Hogan and Ultimate Warrior fought and double clotheslined each other is an integral part of my childhood development.

Moment of silence for Andre the Giant.

Riggo44 06-13-2007 03:47 PM

I can’t believe people waste there time watching that crap. Granted I’ve laughed a few times when I have been subjected to watching it. But it blows me away that those guys actually have fans. I mean come on!

Mattyk 06-13-2007 04:23 PM

[quote=CooleyAsCanBe;317754]I haven't watched since the late 80s, but I loved those old WWF characters. Junkyard Dog, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, The Iron Sheik, the list goes on and on. I even liked the short-lived saturday morning cartoon "Hulk Hogan's Rock 'N' Wrestling" (had to google to find the title).

The summerslam where Hulk Hogan and Ultimate Warrior fought and double clotheslined each other is an integral part of my childhood development.

Moment of silence for Andre the Giant.[/quote]

Those are some classic names. How about Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka?! I remember him jumping off the top of the cage at MSG against Don Morocco!

TheMalcolmConnection 06-13-2007 05:02 PM

[quote=EARTHQUAKE2689;317733]man I wish I had his money[/quote]

Wish I had his daughter. ;)

CooleyAsCanBe 06-13-2007 05:32 PM

Ah, the wonders of the internet. This is the first of a three part youtube presentation of an episode of Hulk Hogan's Rock 'N' Wrestling. Enjoy. The other parts can be linked to from the first.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRx01Q45LGg]YouTube - 1 of 3 Hulk Hogan's Rock 'N' Wrestling[/url]