Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Father turns in son for killing 3 people. (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=18639)

gibbsisgod 06-18-2007 06:39 AM

Father turns in son for killing 3 people.

Apparently Lancaster PA [B]IS[/B] one badass place.

All kidding aside this is sad. The boy kills a whole family and then confesses to his father who promptly turned him in to police.

[url=http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19268067/]Teen charged in slaying of Pa. family - Crime & Punishment - MSNBC.com[/url]

This is a tough one. Would you turn in one of your kids? I'm not sure I wouldn't try to help him in some way.

dmek25 06-18-2007 06:46 AM

Re: Father turns in son for killing 3 people.

good morning gigitty. and my wife works with that kids dad. real quiet, Christian guy. that neighbor is in Manheim Township, pretty well off people

ArtMonkDrillz 06-18-2007 08:08 AM

Oh God, I feel so terrible for the girl that found her family like that. I doubt she'll ever really recover from that kind of shock.

As for the father turning in his son, although it must have been extremely tough I think he pretty much did the right thing. Maybe they should have contacted a lawyer together and then the boy could have turned himself in.
If this was just a thrill crime then I think the father absolutely did the right thing because who knows what this kid is capable of after something so terrible.

724Skinsfan 06-18-2007 08:13 AM

Man, that's weird. I just read that story last week but it was unsolved at the time. I can't remember where I read it...weird.

Anyway, back to your question. I would turn in anyone if they confessed to murdering another person. I'd probably turn in someone that confessed to even lesser criminal offenses. If it's an evil act, then I want you detained.

skinsfan_nn 06-18-2007 08:38 AM

What a tragedy for the lost family members. How could it be that bad.

Schneed10 06-18-2007 09:02 AM

[quote=gibbsisgod;319048]Apparently Lancaster PA [B]IS[/B] one badass place.

All kidding aside this is sad. The boy kills a whole family and then confesses to his father who promptly turned him in to police.

[URL="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19268067/"]Teen charged in slaying of Pa. family - Crime & Punishment - MSNBC.com[/URL]

This is a tough one. Would you turn in one of your kids? I'm not sure I wouldn't try to help him in some way.[/quote]

For murder, yeah, I have to turn the person in.

For a crime like selling drugs or driving drunk, I wouldn't involve police, I'd just set the kid straight myself.

But on murder, I couldn't live with myself if I didn't turn him in. I'd also feel like a serious failure as a parent for raising such a psycho.

EARTHQUAKE2689 06-18-2007 09:24 AM

[quote=Schneed10;319070]For murder, yeah, I have to turn the person in.

For a crime like selling drugs or driving drunk, I wouldn't involve police, I'd just set the kid straight myself.

But on murder, I couldn't live with myself if I didn't turn him in. I'd also feel like a serious failure as a parent for raising such a psycho.[/quote]

I agree with you 100% Schneed

dmek25 06-18-2007 09:47 AM

[quote=Schneed10;319070]For murder, yeah, I have to turn the person in.

But on murder, I couldn't live with myself if I didn't turn him in. [B]I'd also feel[/B] [B]like a serious failure as a parent for raising such a psycho[/B].[/quote]
as you will find out, you can be the best parent in the world, and there comes a time when the kid starts thinking, and making their own decisions. all you can hope for is the best. do you think that all the parents of people that commit crimes are bad parents? i highly doubt it

Schneed10 06-18-2007 09:59 AM

[quote=dmek25;319085]as you will find out, you can be the best parent in the world, and there comes a time when the kid starts thinking, and making their own decisions. all you can hope for is the best. do you think that all the parents of people that commit crimes are bad parents? i highly doubt it[/quote]

No certainly not. I should clarify myself, because I really meant to say that I couldn't help feeling like a failure, regardless of whether or not it's actually my fault.

Sometimes people just get sick in the head and do nutso stuff, and that has nothing to do with parenting, it just comes down to a chemical imbalance in the brain. But it's just that feeling that every parent would get in that situation, you'd tend to blame yourself, and feel like you failed your child somehow.

I don't know many parents that could shrug off these actions and just say "well it was his dumb decision, not mine." Every parent would feel like they failed their kid in that situation.

firstdown 06-18-2007 10:27 AM

The best parents in the world can have some of the worst children in the World. Some of the wrost parents in the world can have some of the best and brights kids in the world. With that said the better the parent the better the CHANCE the child will turn into a good moral person.

GhettoDogAllStars 06-18-2007 10:40 AM

A very sad, and disgusting story. May they rest in peace.

I would definitely turn my kid in -- but only after giving him the beating of his life.

saden1 06-18-2007 10:47 AM

I would most certainly turn the bastard in. Are you f'ing kidding me? He killed 3 people while they were sleeping! Besides I could be next on his list.

p.s. One should always do the right thing, because it's the right thing.

Hail2theskins 06-18-2007 12:08 PM

lancaster is all over the news...

[url=http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19247451/]Man pleads guilty to killing 6 relatives - Crime & Punishment - MSNBC.com[/url]

dmek25 06-18-2007 01:40 PM

im not sure what the hell is going on.

JoeRedskin 06-18-2007 02:17 PM

I'm with you. I just don't get it.

As for turning in my son, it would absolutely rip my heart out, but I would absolutely have to do it. I'm with you Schneed - I would feel a deep deep sense of failure.

For those of you who don't have kids, it might be hard to understand just how much they become not just a part of your life but the work of your life. Whether it be work or home related, think of the best thing you have ever done, that which you are most proud of, the thing you have created with the most dedication and love you could muster - Now imagine that creation as paling to the work, joy and [I]"youness"[/I] that you pour into your child. I was never a kid person - particularly small children. Now, as my son turns four and my daughter turns six months, I can't imagine my life without them.

Even if you did no wrong - for one of them to make such an evil choice, how could you not find fault with yourself?