Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/)
-   -   Teen Loses Feet In Six Flags Accident (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/18687-teen-loses-feet-six-flags-accident.html)

Mattyk 06-22-2007 09:26 AM

Teen Loses Feet In Six Flags Accident

Officials at a Louisville amusement park say both of a teenage girl's legs were severed above the ankle while on a thrill ride at the park.

Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom spokeswoman Wendy Goldberg says the accident happened around 4:45 p.m. Thursday on the Superman Tower of Power.

Link: [url=http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/06/22/national/main2965711.shtml?source=mostpop_story]Teen Loses Feet In Six Flags Accident, 13-Year-Old Was Riding Superman Tower Of Power Ride In Louisville - CBS News[/url]

Sammy Baugh Fan 06-22-2007 11:12 AM

Re: Teen Loses Feet In Six Flags Accident

They're there one second and gone the next and you sit there with a shocked look on yer face. Been there, done that, got no t-shirt.

My heart goes out to her.
peace

Mattyk 06-22-2007 11:23 AM

I went on a ride like this once and I'll never do it again. I just don't like that straight down free fall feeling. I feel horrible for this girl. Can anyone say lawsuit?

Schneed10 06-22-2007 11:29 AM

[quote=Mattyk72;320377]I went on a ride like this once and I'll never do it again. I just don't like that straight down free fall feeling. I feel horrible for this girl. Can anyone say lawsuit?[/quote]

Danny boy should look to settle this one ASAP!

firstdown 06-22-2007 11:46 AM

[quote=hesscl34;320373]That is just awful!!!!! Those rides scare me every time my son goes to a park.[/quote]
As bad as this is, those rides are still very safe. Your son is in more danger riding in a car to the park then getting hurt at the park.

Hog1 06-22-2007 12:52 PM

[quote=firstdown;320386]As bad as this is, those rides are still very safe. Your son is in more danger riding in a car to the park then getting hurt at the park.[/quote]

Easy Danny, can't be placated that easy!

Schneed10 06-22-2007 01:15 PM

OK, are we all clear to start the puns now?

I hope that whatever settlement she gets out of this really gives her a leg up on life.

firstdown 06-22-2007 01:19 PM

[quote=Schneed10;320406]OK, are we all clear to start the puns now?

I hope that whatever settlement she gets out of this really gives her a leg up on life.[/quote]
Ban this man. I think this is one where we never start with the puns. Puns are reserved fro someone who does something stupid and gets injured.

dallass-blows 2 06-22-2007 01:32 PM

lawsuit!

SmootSmack 06-22-2007 02:01 PM

I feel terrible for that girl and her family. That's a real shame.

Personally, I love those kind of rides but damn

JoeRedskin 06-22-2007 02:03 PM

[QUOTE=firstdown;320407]Ban this man. I think this is one where we never start with the puns. [B]Puns are reserved fro someone who does something stupid and gets injured.[/B][/QUOTE]

Agreed. It would be one thing if this had happened to some dumb adult who did some dumb stunt but it's not. A young woman had her life horribly altered in the blink of an eye. She and her family, through no fault of their own, are now faced with overcoming an unforseen and crippling disability. Hopefully, they will be up to the challenge.

Although I oppose banning of thought for any number of reasons, I do think a little more personal restraint would be appropriate. Before you pun, please put yourself in this young woman's or her family's position. There, but for the grace of god, go you or I.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the young woman and her family.

Schneed10 06-22-2007 02:05 PM

[quote=firstdown;320407]Ban this man. I think this is one where we never start with the puns. Puns are reserved fro someone who does something stupid and gets injured.[/quote]

No fun.

In that case, this becomes a thread full of people stating the obvious...

- "Wow, what a shame."
- "Gee, that sucks, I feel bad for her."
- "Wow, there will be a big lawsuit."

Boo!

Schneed10 06-22-2007 02:06 PM

[quote=JoeRedskin;320419]Agreed. It would be one thing if this had happened to some dumb adult who did some dumb stunt but it's not. A young woman had her life horribly altered in the blink of an eye. She and her family, through no fault of their own, are now faced with overcoming an unforseen and crippling disability. Hopefully, they will be up to the challenge.

Although I oppose banning of thought for any number of reasons, I do think a little more personal restraint would be appropriate. Before you pun, please put yourself in this young woman's or her family's position. There, but for the grace of god, go you or I.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the young woman and her family.[/quote]

:sleep:

Schneed10 06-22-2007 02:08 PM

Hopefully she figures out how to put her best foot forward.