Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/)
-   -   Pottery as 9th Wedding Anny. Gift? (http://www.thewarpath.net/parking-lot/18719-pottery-as-9th-wedding-anny-gift.html)

Sammy Baugh Fan 06-26-2007 09:02 AM

Pottery as 9th Wedding Anny. Gift?

Tomorrow is my 9th Anniversary to my lovely wife Michele. She's the greatest gal in the whole world and have no doubt she is a 110% Redskins fan.

Ok, so I'm a dewd and I ain't got a fricking clue what to get her for a gift. So what do I do in these modern times? GOOGLE IT!

So I find this list of stuff as gifts for each different year of marriage and it tells me Pottery is the gift for 9 years. I think if I hand her a Pot for a gift it will be a long LONELY night for me.

Do what?! Pottery? Are you kidding me? I gotta do better than that if I want to make it to 10 years. Trust me when I say when we vowed until death it was MY death we had agreed on. lol

I think I'll take her out to dinner "Wherever she wants to go" and give her the deposit voucher for a trip I am booking her and I in the winter.

Here's the list guy. Thoughts?
peace
mike

Traditional Anniversary Gifts by Year
First: Paper

Second: Cotton

Third: Leather

Fourth: Fruit or Flowers

Fifth: Wood

Sixth: Candy or Iron

Seventh: Wool or Copper

Eight Bronze or Pottery

Ninth: Pottery

Tenth: Tin

Eleventh: Steel

Twelfth: Silk or Linen

Thirteenth: Lace

Fourteenth: Ivory

Fifteenth: Crystal

Twentieth: China

Twenty-Fifth: Silver

Thirtieth: Pearls

Thirty-Fifth: Coral

Fortieth: Ruby

Forty-Fifth: Sapphire

Fiftieth: Gold

Fifty-Fifth: Emerald

Sixtieth: Diamond

724Skinsfan 06-26-2007 09:08 AM

Re: Pottery as 9th Wedding Anny. Gift?

Compare the [URL="http://www.findgift.com/Anniversary-Table/"]traditional versus modern[/URL]. Go back and forth depending on your taste.

Hog1 06-26-2007 09:08 AM

Here's the deal SBF, check this out. You could give her a card that's like, Look here kitten, you'll always be my priestess!
I promise! She'll never look at you the same way again

[url=http://cgi.ebay.com/Pre-Columbian-NOPOLIA-Pottery-PRIEST-Fig-Mayan-Rattle_W0QQitemZ300124465314QQihZ020QQcategoryZ37908QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem]eBay: Pre Columbian NOPOLIA Pottery PRIEST Fig. Mayan Rattle (item 300124465314 end time Jul-01-07 15:20:33 PDT)[/url]

Sammy Baugh Fan 06-26-2007 09:32 AM

[QUOTE=724Skinsfan;321512]Compare the [URL="http://www.findgift.com/Anniversary-Table/"]traditional versus modern[/URL]. Go back and forth depending on your taste.[/QUOTE]

Ninth Pottery / Willow or Leather

Hey now! I'm down with the LEATHER gift.
hahahaha

EeeeeOUCH!

Mattyk 06-26-2007 09:43 AM

Can't go wrong with jewelry

Sammy Baugh Fan 06-26-2007 09:46 AM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72;321522]Can't go wrong with jewelry[/QUOTE]

Will someone delete this DANGEROUS post before it costs me an Arm and another leg at Tiffiny's!!!

Geeez o flip

lol

gibbsisgod 06-26-2007 09:55 AM

Is anybody else tired of buying jewelry for the wife? I mean she has enough already. Mother's Day, Birthdays, Christmas, anniversaries. When she puts it on she's starting to look like a gypsy or something. Why does she get jewelry for gifts and I get a lousy dinner or some pathetic gift like a tie?

gibbsisgod 06-26-2007 09:57 AM

Oh! And Good Morning to the usaul suspects.....you know who you are!

Mattyk 06-26-2007 10:16 AM

[quote=gibbsisgod;321531]Is anybody else tired of buying jewelry for the wife? I mean she has enough already. Mother's Day, Birthdays, Christmas, anniversaries. When she puts it on she's starting to look like a gypsy or something. Why does she get jewelry for gifts and I get a lousy dinner or some pathetic gift like a tie?[/quote]

A woman can never have enough jewelry, just like us men can never have enough toys like video games, electronics, the latest gadgets, etc.

Hog1 06-26-2007 10:19 AM

Because she's got all the ...., and half the money

Why does she get jewelry for gifts and I get a lousy dinner or some pathetic gift like a tie?

FRPLG 06-26-2007 10:24 AM

[QUOTE=Sammy Baugh Fan;321511]Tomorrow is my 9th Anniversary to my lovely wife Michele. She's the greatest gal in the whole world and have no doubt she is a 110% Redskins fan.

Ok, so I'm a dewd and I ain't got a fricking clue what to get her for a gift. So what do I do in these modern times? GOOGLE IT!

So I find this list of stuff as gifts for each different year of marriage and it tells me Pottery is the gift for 9 years. I think if I hand her a Pot for a gift it will be a long LONELY night for me.

Do what?! Pottery? Are you kidding me? I gotta do better than that if I want to make it to 10 years. Trust me when I say when we vowed until death it was MY death we had agreed on. lol

I think I'll take her out to dinner "Wherever she wants to go" and give her the deposit voucher for a trip I am booking her and I in the winter.

Here's the list guy. Thoughts?
peace
mike

Traditional Anniversary Gifts by Year
First: Paper

Second: Cotton

Third: Leather

Fourth: Fruit or Flowers

Fifth: Wood

Sixth: Candy or Iron

Seventh: Wool or Copper

Eight Bronze or Pottery

Ninth: Pottery

Tenth: Tin

Eleventh: Steel

Twelfth: Silk or Linen

Thirteenth: Lace

Fourteenth: Ivory

Fifteenth: Crystal

Twentieth: China

Twenty-Fifth: Silver

Thirtieth: Pearls

Thirty-Fifth: Coral

Fortieth: Ruby

Forty-Fifth: Sapphire

Fiftieth: Gold

Fifty-Fifth: Emerald

Sixtieth: Diamond[/QUOTE]

Here's the way you handle this. You buy her whatever it is you want and then find yourself a nice piece of pottery. You put the gift in the pot and now you have stuck to the traditional while also fulfilling the need to actually produce a decent gift. She'll love it.

Mattyk 06-26-2007 10:32 AM

[quote=Hog1;321547]Because she's got all the ...., and half the money

Why does she get jewelry for gifts and I get a lousy dinner or some pathetic gift like a tie?
__________________[/quote]

ask for something specific next time

saden1 06-26-2007 11:24 AM

If I were your wife, I'd want cold hard cash...preferably an entire paycheck...lol

Sammy Baugh Fan 06-26-2007 11:34 AM

[QUOTE=saden1;321563]If I were your wife, I'd want cold hard cash...preferably an entire paycheck...lol[/QUOTE]

She get's that already.
lol

724Skinsfan 06-26-2007 11:56 AM

[quote=saden1;321563]If I were your wife, I'd want cold hard cash...preferably an entire paycheck...lol[/quote]

Clearly written by an unmarried man.