Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I'm Going To Be A Cop! (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=18849)

gabe1984 07-12-2007 12:07 PM

I'm Going To Be A Cop!

I just found out this week that I've been accepted into Howard County's police academy class starting at the end of July. I'm pretty excited because I am miserable at my current job. In addition, my boss told me today that I don't have to work passed tomorrow, so I basically get to do whatever the hell I want for the next two weeks!

Anyways, I just feel like this great burden has been lifted off of my shoulders because I've been training hard for the academy for the past two months and I didn't even know if I'd get it in, but now I know. Is anyone here a cop or have a law enforcement background who can give me some advice on how to better prepare myself for the academy?

BigSKINBauer 07-12-2007 12:18 PM

Re: I'm Going To Be A Cop!

So... when my buddies in HOCO have a party i can call you up and you can get me window and keep the cops away?

BUt really, congrats. That sounds great.

But again, seriously, hoco cops are a little tough on kids. A little party can turn into a big police deal up there.

Also if i get pulled over in HOCO i'm going to mummble "gabe" and see if i get a response. 1984 *cough*

724Skinsfan 07-12-2007 12:19 PM

Tell Mahoney and Hightower I said "Hey".

gabe1984 07-12-2007 12:36 PM

[quote=BigSKINBauer;327587]So... when my buddies in HOCO have a party i can call you up and you can get me window and keep the cops away?

BUt really, congrats. That sounds great.

But again, seriously, hoco cops are a little tough on kids. A little party can turn into a big police deal up there.

Also if i get pulled over in HOCO i'm going to mummble "gabe" and see if i get a response. 1984 *cough*[/quote]

I just know the force is very highly regarded in Maryland, and has a nationally accredited police academy. But I guess I'll soon find out how they treat those partying kids!!! And that would be pretty weird if I pulled someone over who is a member of the Warpath. Yesterday my brother told me that if I have to pull someone over the first thing I need to ask them is if they're a Skins fan or a Ravens fan, and then decide what to do with them after gaining that knowledge, lol.

BigSKINBauer 07-12-2007 12:40 PM

[quote=gabe1984;327599]I just know the force is very highly regarded in Maryland, and has a nationally accredited police academy. But I guess I'll soon find out how they treat those partying kids!!! And that would be pretty weird if I pulled someone over who is a member of the Warpath. Yesterday my brother told me that if I have to pull someone over the first thing I need to ask them is if they're a Skins fan or a Ravens fan, and then decide what to do with them after gaining that knowledge, lol.[/quote]
yes sir! That is ravens country though. Be careful and write lots of tickets.

12thMan 07-12-2007 12:43 PM

[quote=gabe1984;327599]I just know the force is very highly regarded in Maryland, and has a nationally accredited police academy. But I guess I'll soon find out how they treat those partying kids!!! And that would be pretty weird if I pulled someone over who is a member of the Warpath. Yesterday my brother told me that if I have to pull someone over the first thing I need to ask them is if they're a Skins fan or a Ravens fan, and then decide what to do with them after gaining that knowledge, lol.[/quote]

Gabe, why in the hell did I think you lived in L.A.? Geeezz...I'm losing it! I've lived in Columbia for a couple years. MILF city, my man!

hesscl34 07-12-2007 12:49 PM

[quote=12thMan;327602]Gabe, why in the hell did I think you lived in L.A.? Geeezz...I'm losing it! I've lived in Columbia for a couple years. MILF city, my man![/quote]

MILF City?????

12thMan 07-12-2007 12:52 PM

[quote=hesscl34;327605]MILF City?????[/quote]

Yeah, you know what a MILF is, right?

12thMan 07-12-2007 12:53 PM

[quote=hesscl34;327605]MILF City?????[/quote]

Hessy, I'm headed to lunch you need anything?

Sammy Baugh Fan 07-12-2007 01:03 PM

[QUOTE=hesscl34;327605]MILF City?????[/QUOTE]
Mature Individuals Looking for Friendship?

dmek25 07-12-2007 01:06 PM

congrats Gabe. i tried for a couple of years to join the force. but up here its all about quotas

JoeRedskin 07-12-2007 01:34 PM

[QUOTE=Sammy Baugh Fan;327613]Mature Individuals Looking for Friendship?[/QUOTE]

LOLOL - Nice.

gabe1984 07-12-2007 01:55 PM

[quote=dmek25;327614]congrats Gabe. i tried for a couple of years to join the force. but up here its all about quotas[/quote]

Yeah, I was denied by another agency that I thought for sure I was going to get into, so I know how frustrating that feels. I consider myself very fortunate to have been accepted by HOCO.

hesscl34 07-12-2007 02:52 PM

[quote=JoeRedskin;327629]LOLOL - Nice.[/quote]

I know exactly what a MILF is...

dmek25 07-12-2007 03:27 PM

well.... im waiting