Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Prayer Request: My Mother Grace Hedrick Fell Bad (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=18857)

Sammy Baugh Fan 07-12-2007 05:34 PM

Prayer Request: My Mother Grace Hedrick Fell Bad

Hey guys,

She got hurt and hurt bad last night. My Mother is Grace Hedrick and she's close to about 70 years old and the rock of our family. She's a wonderful God fearing woman and the best Mom in the whole world.

She was at oldest brother Steve's vacation house on the Outter Banks of North Carolina [aka Nags Head] when at about 8PM she fell down a flight of steps. She has brittle bones and broker her Femur, her hand or wrist and hit her head giving her "a goose egg knot above one eye the size of a tennis ball" Steve said this morning.

After a CT scan they found she fractured her 7th Vertabrete in her neck. They moved her to Norfolks General Hostpital near Va. Beach.

She's scheduled for surgery after 5:30 PM EST to work on leg and arm. They may brace the neck for now until they see how bad that is.

Pray.
Pray Grace has God's comfort and healing.
Pray for my Daddy Chuck Hedrick. He's ok but I'm sure shaken
Pray for our family.
Pray for Pastor Alfy Austin who got in his car this morning to drive the 3 hours to be by my Mother's said.
Pray the Dr. have great skills and steady hands.
Pray God uses this to be a blessing unto Himself.

I know a few of ya'll are Prayer Warriors and have Church Prayer Chain connections. I know my Momma loves God and I know God loves and will care for my Momma but the Bible tells us to Pray and I'm just following Orders.

Thanks
peace
mike

dmek25 07-12-2007 05:43 PM

Re: Prayer Request: My Mother Grace Hedrick Fell Bad

she sounds like a tough old coot. she will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers

Sammy Baugh Fan 07-12-2007 05:46 PM

[QUOTE=dmek25;327792]she sounds like a tough old coot. she will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers[/QUOTE]

She's gonna whop yer ass for the "old coot" comment when she heals up!
lol

Thanks

RobH4413 07-12-2007 05:50 PM

I def. will keep her in my prayers.

Also, if you guys could pray for my older sister, she is currently in the E.R. because of an ovarian cyst. Don't really know what that means, but I'm about to head up to Frederick to go make sure everything is ok.

Apparently she is on pain killers four times stronger than morphine, so I'm sure she's feeling a little better at this point.

SmootSmack 07-12-2007 05:50 PM

I hope she makes a full and speedy recovery

skinsfan_nn 07-12-2007 05:58 PM

[quote=Sammy Baugh Fan;327791]Hey guys,

She got hurt and hurt bad last night. My Mother is Grace Hedrick and she's close to about 70 years old and the rock of our family. She's a wonderful God fearing woman and the best Mom in the whole world.

She was at oldest brother Steve's vacation house on the Outter Banks of North Carolina [aka Nags Head] when at about 8PM she fell down a flight of steps. She has brittle bones and broker her Femur, her hand or wrist and hit her head giving her "a goose egg knot above one eye the size of a tennis ball" Steve said this morning.

After a CT scan they found she fractured her 7th Vertabrete in her neck. They moved her to Norfolks General Hostpital near Va. Beach.

She's scheduled for surgery after 5:30 PM EST to work on leg and arm. They may brace the neck for now until they see how bad that is.

Pray.
Pray for our family.
Pray for Pastor Alfy Austin who got in his car this morning to drive the 3 hours to be by my Mother's said.

I know a few of ya'll are Prayer Warriors and have Church Prayer Chain connections. I know my Momma loves God and I know God loves and will care for my Momma but the Bible tells us to Pray and I'm just following Orders.

Thanks
peace
mike[/quote]

Hey Mike, We will keep her in our thoughts and prayers.

This should be some comfort, she's in my area , you know that. That is a GREAT hospital with a wonderful staff, she's in really good hands.

We wish her a speedy recovery!

Friends from down South just a bit!

Sammy Baugh Fan 07-12-2007 06:14 PM

[QUOTE=skinsfan_nn;327798]Hey Mike, We will keep her in our thoughts and prayers.

This should be some comfort, she's in my area , you know that. That is a GREAT hospital with a wonderful staff, she's in really good hands.

We wish her a speedy recovery!

Friends from down South just a bit![/QUOTE]

Sweet I got a place to stay if I need!
Dad said hold off for now tho.
Thanks to all of ya'll

skinsfan_nn 07-12-2007 06:29 PM

[quote=Sammy Baugh Fan;327800]Sweet I got a place to stay if I need!
Dad said hold off for now tho.
Thanks to all of ya'll[/quote]

If you need a place you call me, no problem!
Just hollar at me by tomorrow, I'm leaving to go to Myrtle Beach for a week, but I can tell you were the key will be.

Just drop a line if you need a place if your coming down this way, and you got it man, no problem!

Your mother is in the watchfull eye of the KING OF KINGS! NO WORRIES!

Riggo44 07-12-2007 06:49 PM

I'm real sorry to here about that SBF. Your Mom will be in my prayers.

htownskinfan 07-12-2007 07:20 PM

get well soon Grace,your in our prayers

EternalEnigma21 07-12-2007 11:38 PM

hope she gets better... i'll be praying too.

CooleyAsCanBe 07-12-2007 11:43 PM

SBF and Rob, both your loved ones will be in my prayers.

Sammy Baugh Fan 07-13-2007 07:43 AM

My Momma's fall as painful as it was brought glory to God. After she fell and I told you guys we all Fell down on our knees and prayed and that in itself is a blessing and a testiment of Faith. Thanks

Momma went into surgery after 3am and was out a little after 5:30am this morning. They repaired her left femur and right wrist which were badly broken. She is awake Daddy just said but neasues[sp?] but able to sit up a bit. She has been told the neck brace she'll need to wear for about 10 weeks.

Daddy didn't know how long she was going to have to stay down in Norfolk [3 hours south] before being allowed to come home.

I hope to talk to her later in the day after she rests a bit.

I am humbled by your thoughts and prayers and support.
Thanks you and God bless you as well
peace
mike

Hog1 07-13-2007 08:00 AM

Good to hear SBF! I know your family is relieved.
My mom had a similar thing happen a couple of years ago.

724Skinsfan 07-13-2007 09:18 AM

[quote=Sammy Baugh Fan;328252]My Momma's fall as painful as it was brought glory to God. After she fell and I told you guys we all Fell down on our knees and prayed and that in itself is a blessing and a testiment of Faith. Thanks

Momma went into surgery after 3am and was out a little after 5:30am this morning. They repaired her left femur and right wrist which were badly broken. She is awake Daddy just said but neasues[sp?] but able to sit up a bit. She has been told the neck brace she'll need to wear for about 10 weeks.

Daddy didn't know how long she was going to have to stay down in Norfolk [3 hours south] before being allowed to come home.

I hope to talk to her later in the day after she rests a bit.

I am humbled by your thoughts and prayers and support.
Thanks you and God bless you as well
peace
mike[/quote]

Sounds like some good news! We're wishing for her a full recovery.

firstdown 07-13-2007 10:08 AM

Sorry to hear about your mom and are prayers go out to her. Do you know who was doing her operation last night? As I have a friend who works there and he gets called for these types of accidents and injuries.

Sammy Baugh Fan 07-13-2007 10:49 AM

Not sure firstdown bro.

Here is a report from my Pastor Alfy Austin

[quote]Hi All,
I spoke with Chuck this AM. Grace went into surgery at 3:00 PM
yesterday afternoon. They put a rod in her broken right femur. They
fixed her broken left wrist and will probably cast it soon.
In the fall she cracked the seventh vertebrate. She'll wear a
neck brace for about 10 weeks and they feel it will heal on its own. She
has a big knot on her forehead and I believe they are going to take
another look at that today.
It's all a healing process now and we thank God for the
regenerative powers of our bodies.
Pray for healing and peace of mind. Grace is a trooper. Pray for
Chuck, too. Seeing Grace fall and then watching her in such pain was
unnerving for him. He's tough but not that tough.

Alfy[/quote]

jbcjr14 07-13-2007 11:30 AM

SBF, glad to hear the surgery went as well as could be expected. We will be praying here in TX as well my friend for a speedy recovery.

hesscl34 07-13-2007 01:51 PM

Of course you have my prayers. I'll hope for the very best.

Sammy Baugh Fan 07-14-2007 11:05 AM

Momma is amazing. She just got out of surgery at 5:30AM and was standing on her feet at 4pm the same afternoon. Wow! You go Momma. Walk it off player!!!

I talked to her this morning and she sounded bright and positive and resolved to get through this. I told her about you guys and the prayers and she was touched. Thanks.

I will copy/paste all this love and email it to her so she can see the Lord working through and with you on her behalf.

From Daddy and my whole family Thanks You and may God richly bless you all.

peace
mike

Sammy Baugh Fan 07-16-2007 09:08 PM

Momma got home to their house 3 miles away last night. Daddy had called early in the day to ask for me to bring my wheelchair over to get Momma in the house and for a few days. So I'm crutching and crawling but I don't care.

I saw Momma today when I stopped over. Like any kid [yeah I'm 45 but her 3rd "boy"] I went in the garage door and yelled my entrance. As I came around the corner to living room Big Mom [my 84 year old grandmother Millie Porter] was holding 1 finger to her lips in the "Shut the hell up" International Sign Language.

Momma was asleep in the recliner. She had that calm peaceful sleeping relaxed look but looked beat up. The knot over her eyes still was almost a golf ball and the color from that draining down her faces made her look pretty bad.

After 20 mins she woke up...and was great to talk to. The knot ain't hurt'n and she is gearing up for theropy folks coming over. She told me the whole story and we reflected on me losing my foot and that time.

I pulled out a print out of ALL of ya'lls posts about and to her. I would say "this is my buddy smootsmack and here's what he said" and "here is what this fella in Suffolk said". She sat there stunned and we both agreed it was such a show of Faith. Momma is very touched and thanks you all and your families and prayer chains that got going. I am too.

Trust that we are taking good care of my Momma and helping Daddy get us all through with the Lords blessings.

Thanks guys. I KNEW I could count on you and you didn't fail me. I'm there for you.

peace
mike

Riggo44 07-16-2007 09:51 PM

That's great news SBF. I'm glad the hear she's doing so much better.

jsarno 07-16-2007 10:40 PM

[QUOTE=Sammy Baugh Fan;327791]Hey guys,

Pray.
Pray for our family.

Thanks
peace
mike[/QUOTE]

You got it buddy.
Sorry to hear about your mother, I wish her the very best in her recovery, and your family's ability to cope with the injuries.

jsarno 07-16-2007 10:43 PM

[QUOTE=Sammy Baugh Fan;329479]Momma got home to their house 3 miles away last night. Daddy had called early in the day to ask for me to bring my wheelchair over to get Momma in the house and for a few days. So I'm crutching and crawling but I don't care.

I saw Momma today when I stopped over. Like any kid [yeah I'm 45 but her 3rd "boy"] I went in the garage door and yelled my entrance. As I came around the corner to living room Big Mom [my 84 year old grandmother Millie Porter] was holding 1 finger to her lips in the "Shut the hell up" International Sign Language.

Momma was asleep in the recliner. She had that calm peaceful sleeping relaxed look but looked beat up. The knot over her eyes still was almost a golf ball and the color from that draining down her faces made her look pretty bad.

After 20 mins she woke up...and was great to talk to. The knot ain't hurt'n and she is gearing up for theropy folks coming over. She told me the whole story and we reflected on me losing my foot and that time.

I pulled out a print out of ALL of ya'lls posts about and to her. I would say "this is my buddy smootsmack and here's what he said" and "here is what this fella in Suffolk said". She sat there stunned and we both agreed it was such a show of Faith. Momma is very touched and thanks you all and your families and prayer chains that got going. I am too.

Trust that we are taking good care of my Momma and helping Daddy get us all through with the Lords blessings.

Thanks guys. I KNEW I could count on you and you didn't fail me. I'm there for you.

peace
mike[/QUOTE]

Sorry I was late seeing this thread, but my prayer could still help the recovery! I'm glad to hear she's doing better.

Did you say you lost a foot?

dmek25 07-16-2007 11:30 PM

mike, please tell me you edited the part about her being an old coot:)

Sammy Baugh Fan 07-17-2007 07:27 AM

[QUOTE=jsarno;329525]Sorry I was late seeing this thread, but my prayer could still help the recovery! I'm glad to hear she's doing better.

Did you say you lost a foot?[/QUOTE]

She'll need prayers for a while so thanks.
Yeah I don't have a right foot anymore after I was hit and run years back while on my Harley Fat Boy. They never caught the guy.

I'm alive and well and very blessed tho.
peace
mike

ps. dmek she got the unedited version and laughed. lol

jsarno 07-17-2007 02:10 PM

[QUOTE=Sammy Baugh Fan;329879]She'll need prayers for a while so thanks.
Yeah I don't have a right foot anymore after I was hit and run years back while on my Harley Fat Boy. They never caught the guy.

I'm alive and well and very blessed tho.
peace
mike

ps. dmek she got the unedited version and laughed. lol[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry to hear that! Do you still ride?

Well, I have been saying prayers for her, hopefully they will help. The femur is the worst bone in the body to break, and it takes quite alot to actually break it. I hope the pain is managable for her.

Sammy Baugh Fan 07-17-2007 03:26 PM

Yes I still ride. I gave up wrecking tho. Wasn't as cool as it sounds. lol

jsarno 07-17-2007 03:31 PM

[QUOTE=Sammy Baugh Fan;330039]Yes I still ride. I gave up wrecking tho. Wasn't as cool as it sounds. lol[/QUOTE]

I have been very fortunate. I have never wrecked on a motorcycle, and I've been riding 10+ years. I have had some very serious ATV wrecks when I raced though. I don't even have an ATV anymore...I do miss it though.
I hope some day you find that guy that wrecked into you, and he gets what he deserves.
Sorry to keep bringing this up, but do you have a prosthetic for your foot?

FRPLG 07-17-2007 03:35 PM

[QUOTE=jsarno;330042]I have been very fortunate. I have never wrecked on a motorcycle, and I've been riding 10+ years. I have had some very serious ATV wrecks when I raced though. I don't even have an ATV anymore...I do miss it though.
I hope some day you find that guy that wrecked into you, and he gets what he deserves.
Sorry to keep bringing this up, but do you have a prosthetic for your foot?[/QUOTE]

j man where you been? SBF has been laying the dismemberment humor around here for a while. Only one who rightfully can. Sounds like it didn't even slow him down all that much in life.

jsarno 07-17-2007 03:44 PM

[QUOTE=FRPLG;330043]j man where you been? SBF has been laying the dismemberment humor around here for a while. Only one who rightfully can. Sounds like it didn't even slow him down all that much in life.[/QUOTE]

I guess I pick and choose which threads I get into. I don't check out everyone...I glance through them to see if they interest me, if they don't, I move on. I usually stay within the same 5-10 threads for a week or so, then expand to a couple more.