Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The legacy of 'W'? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=18870)

MTK 07-13-2007 03:09 PM

The legacy of 'W'?

Reading this article got me wondering, when it's all said and done what do you think W's legacy will be? In 25 years when we look back, how do you think he will be perceived?

I mean c'mon, let's face it the guy came into office riding a mountain of controversy over the 2000 election, and he's enjoyin "rock-bottom poll numbers" as this article puts it.

I think the question is worth asking, is he the worst President we've seen to date?

[url=http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/07/13/BUSH.TMP]Unpopular Bush risks little by staying course[/url]

jsarno 07-13-2007 03:12 PM

Re: The legacy of 'W'?

Wow, nothing like creating a useless thread. We haven't got enough of this in the other Bush bashing threads?

MTK 07-13-2007 03:14 PM

Thanks for chiming in with a worthless response, I wanted to focus specifically on his legacy here. If that's useless to you oh well, don't bother reading.

jsarno 07-13-2007 03:14 PM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72;328384]Reading this article got me wondering, when it's all said and done what do you think W's legacy will be? In 25 years when we look back, how do you think he will be perceived?

I mean c'mon, let's face it the guy came into office riding a mountain of controversy over the 2000 election, and he's enjoyin "rock-bottom poll numbers" as this article puts it.

I think the question is worth asking, is he the worst President we've seen to date?

[url=http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/07/13/BUSH.TMP]Unpopular Bush risks little by staying course[/url][/QUOTE]

To answer your question...I think the Dems are already too high on the idea that he's the worst president ever, it won't be until a good decade from now that we can truely assess his worth.
I personally think that 10 years from now a lot of people will be saying he was a good president but they let rumors and other people influence their decision.

jsarno 07-13-2007 03:16 PM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72;328387]Thanks for chiming in with a worthless response, I wanted to focus specifically on his legacy here. If that's useless to you oh well, don't bother reading.[/QUOTE]

Just as worthless as this thread...do you really think you're going to get any other answers than you've already seen on other threads?
Hey, why don't we start a how Jason Campbell is going to fair this year thread?
If you want to start a bush bashing thread, why not title it so? At least then there is no underlying agenda.

MTK 07-13-2007 03:17 PM

Just curious, what would make him even an average President in your eyes?

I honestly don't see what he's done a good job with since he took office.

MTK 07-13-2007 03:18 PM

[quote=jsarno;328392]Just as worthless as this thread...do you really think you're going to get any other answers than you've already seen on other threads?
Hey, why don't we start a how Jason Campbell is going to fair this year thread?
If you want to start a bush bashing thread, why not title it so? At least then there is no underlying agenda.[/quote]

I'm not looking to bash him, that's far too easy anyway.

I'm honestly looking for some debate here as to what his legacy will be, and what has he actually done a good job with? I'm sure there's gotta be something.

saden1 07-13-2007 03:18 PM

I think W will be synonymous with Nixon. Is W the worst, perhaps, but I'm pretty sure someone will come along and take the top spot as the worst.

W has put the Republican party in a huge bind. They are in for a world of hurt for at least the next 12 years.

Summo 07-13-2007 03:20 PM

Hey jsarno you should be greatfull Matty doesn't run this board like those pricks over at the Buc's board or you would be gone for three months already.

MTK 07-13-2007 03:28 PM

[quote=Summo;328396]Hey jsarno you should be greatfull Matty doesn't run this board like those pricks over at the Buc's board or you would be gone for three months already.[/quote]

LOL that's right, I think we need to get back to handing out 3 month bans, even if it is just a joke.

jsarno, see you in October dude.

mredskins 07-13-2007 03:30 PM

Elect Hillary and there will be no debate who the worst President is or was. BTW- If that happens you can look me up in Mexico or Canada because I will be moving.

MTK 07-13-2007 03:31 PM

[quote=mredskins;328401]Elect Hillary and there will be no debate who the worst President is or was. BTW- If that happens you can look me up in Mexico or Canada because I will be moving.[/quote]

You might want to start packing LOL

SmootSmack 07-13-2007 03:31 PM

Kind of busy now, so I don't have too much time to get into it. But when you look back on James Buchanan and his Presidency the similarities to W are quite striking. And JB is considered one of the worst Presidents ever. But, on the other hand, there are some similarities to guys like Truman. Now considered one of the best ever.

The problem(s) with W are that a.) so much of what he has set out to do can't be judged until many years ahead when we see what unfolds with Iraq (because really that's what his leagacy will come down to) and b.) I think there's a notion that we must think he's bad even when he does good

If I were to get all Lucy Van Pelt on him, I'd say that I don't know that Bush ever really wanted to be President and it tends to show sometimes. I think if you really dissect his presidency you'd see that he's not as in charge as say Clinton was, or even his dad. Jeb should have probably been the next Bush President, not W.

mredskins 07-13-2007 03:32 PM

Matty are you a Dem?

drew54 07-13-2007 03:34 PM

Bush has had some terrible things happen under his watch.
9/11, and Hurricanes Katrina and Rita are probably the worst.

At the time of 9/11 I would say that 95% of America thought we needed to do something in order to prevent future attacks. Now weather you believe going to war with Afghanistan was the right answer or not, everyone wanted some kind of action taken. When it was, people were happy, and agreed with the move. As time has gone by, we are not seeing the results that we expected, and people are now against the idea.

As for he Hurricanes, I think that he really dropped the ball on this situation. I know that millions of dollars were poured into helping, but under a non War time, the National Guard would have been down there cleaning up and helping restore order, and rebuild that place.

The fact that the wars have been going on longer than we expected and the amount of effort with the hurricanes will sink Bush towards the bottom of the list. I however have only been alive for 4 presidents, and really I didn't start to care about politics until half way through Clinton. So in MY lifetime, I would say that he is the worst president.

Worst of all time, I am not educated enough on the history of all of our presidents to make a rational comment.