Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Training Camp: Who's going! (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=18923)

bridaman51 07-30-2007 02:30 PM

Re: Training Camp: Who's going!

Thank You very much for all the help. Hopefully i will get good autographs. I would love to get my Portis Jersey signed and a football with Gibbs autograph.
My wife said I should bring my dog as a I named him Mr. Gibbs.

bridaman51 07-31-2007 10:55 AM

I am trying to mapquest directions to redskin park from my mothers house in harpers Ferry. the address I am getting is: 21300 Redskin Park Dr, Ashburn, VA 20147, US. I am wondering if this is correct? does anyone know for sure?

thanks

SmootSmack 07-31-2007 11:06 AM

[QUOTE=bridaman51;334767]I am trying to mapquest directions to redskin park from my mothers house in harpers Ferry. the address I am getting is: 21300 Redskin Park Dr, Ashburn, VA 20147, US. I am wondering if this is correct? does anyone know for sure?

thanks[/QUOTE]

That's right

bridaman51 07-31-2007 11:22 AM

Thanks very much. I figured as much but wanted to make 100% sure. Last time I went it was in Carlisle PA.

Tha Posse 07-31-2007 11:50 AM

Anybody else going today? I think my wife and I are going. So if you see a pregnant woman and a dude lugging around a Portis fathead, its me. I know its going to be brutally hot

hooskins 07-31-2007 07:34 PM

I just got back from camp today, and overall it was a positive vibe I got from what I saw from everyone.

[B]From the Coaches[/B]: Gibbs was just walking around talking a bit and taking notes, and as usual it looked like he was glowing with an aura around him.

Saunders was patting guys on the back and helping out some people here and there on offense. One particular play which I liked was during a drill when a backup TE caught a dump off pass and he came running up to the guy and hit his helmet and said "good job, you moved the chains, way to move the chains!"

Danny Smith was yelling at the special teams alot which I thought was cool. He was really getting into it.

[B]The D: [/B]Landry looked good, he had one "tackle" by the fans and the crowds went crazy. Rogers looked like he was Big Bird because of his all yellow attire and Smoot looked like he had soccer cleats on because they were soo bright. It still seemed like Rogers was giving too much cushion because on several plays he was covering people they got quick hook passes off on him.

[B]The O:[/B] Campbell looked sharp and confident today(he also stayed the latest to sign autographes). His passes were pretty quick and there was one to Cooley they was threaded between 3 people in the perfect spot. I loved it.

Sellers is a beast. Period. This guy is huge and even on these light drills as defenders tried to just touch him to slow him down he would run guys over.
Brunell made a pretty horrendous throw during warmups. It was just him warming up with some staff member and he overthrew a 10 yard pass by 20.

On a side note Cooley is growing a stace, when he came by to sign my stuff I comented about it. He laughed and said I should check out Brunell's lol.

724Skinsfan 07-31-2007 08:19 PM

Good stuff, hooskins. Wish I could break away and go up there this year.

hesscl34 07-31-2007 10:13 PM

I'll be going, with my son. Hoping to get a few good pics and maybe a few sigs.

70Chip 07-31-2007 10:35 PM

I will be there either Thursday afternoon or Friday morning with 70Chip III. We both roll in white Moss replicas.

bridaman51 08-01-2007 07:28 AM

I will be there Friday morning.... I only own two jerseys of current players, one is Brunell and the other is Portis. I guess I will wear the Brunell since i want the portis one signed. I will be with my boys, mom and wife I am not sure what they will be wearing. They both jerseys, Moss and Portis but I also got them white redskin tee shirts that they can wear and get signed. I am praying for a Gibbs autograph on a football and Portis on the jersey. Another set of Autographs I would love on a football would be Taylor on one side and Landry on the other. That would be a cool football on my shelf.

BigSKINBauer 08-01-2007 09:43 AM

[quote=hooskins;334886]I just got back from camp today, and overall it was a positive vibe I got from what I saw from everyone.

[B]From the Coaches[/B]: Gibbs was just walking around talking a bit and taking notes, and as usual it looked like he was glowing with an aura around him.

Saunders was patting guys on the back and helping out some people here and there on offense. One particular play which I liked was during a drill when a backup TE caught a dump off pass and he came running up to the guy and hit his helmet and said "good job, you moved the chains, way to move the chains!"

Danny Smith was yelling at the special teams alot which I thought was cool. He was really getting into it.

[B]The D: [/B]Landry looked good, he had one "tackle" by the fans and the crowds went crazy. Rogers looked like he was Big Bird because of his all yellow attire and Smoot looked like he had soccer cleats on because they were soo bright. It still seemed like Rogers was giving too much cushion because on several plays he was covering people they got quick hook passes off on him.

[B]The O:[/B] Campbell looked sharp and confident today(he also stayed the latest to sign autographes). His passes were pretty quick and there was one to Cooley they was threaded between 3 people in the perfect spot. I loved it.

Sellers is a beast. Period. This guy is huge and even on these light drills as defenders tried to just touch him to slow him down he would run guys over.
Brunell made a pretty horrendous throw during warmups. It was just him warming up with some staff member and he overthrew a 10 yard pass by 20.

On a side note Cooley is growing a stace, when he came by to sign my stuff I comented about it. He laughed and said I should check out Brunell's lol.[/quote]
Yeah, i went yesterday afternoon also. It was fun. Not much more to say about yesterdays practice. Rogers was being heckled by a group of fans the entire time. Rogers also dropped a catch in some drill before the off/def practice started. Sellers is a monster. He was just going down field like a tank. Cristie met cooley on the sidelines. She is still looking good.

bridaman51 08-01-2007 10:02 AM

Everyone is saying to get the best autographs to get at the gate (left side i heard) where they exit the field. I was told to stay there. I do plan on getting there early so hopefully i will get one of these spots but I was wondering if it is possible to watch practice from there as I dont want to lose my spot if I get one?

BigSKINBauer 08-01-2007 10:18 AM

[quote=bridaman51;335178]Everyone is saying to get the best autographs to get at the gate (left side i heard) where they exit the field. I was told to stay there. I do plan on getting there early so hopefully i will get one of these spots but I was wondering if it is possible to watch practice from there as I dont want to lose my spot if I get one?[/quote]
well some people go all the way up to the top near the building before the practice ends to get a good spot. JUst got on the gate near the endzone nearest the building and you'll get some. You are not going to get many autographs stading on the 50 yardline.

bridaman51 08-01-2007 10:35 AM

I really want Gibbs on a football and Portis on my jersey but with Portis not practicing I figured he wont sign. I also would love to get Taylor and Landry on a football. I know I ask for alot but i figure go big right. my kids will love getting anyones autograph.

BigSKINBauer 08-01-2007 10:44 AM

If you want gibbs this is what you do. Stand on the 5-15 yardline and make sure nothing is infront of the gate. He starts around the 25-30 line and works his way down signing everything infront of him, especially little kids. Make sure you are on the gate because he doesn't stop. He is a machine signing down the line. He gets about 50% of people. Yesterday he walked by me but i let others ahead because i've already got three autographs by him and let others get a shot