Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   ARE vs. Lloyd for the number 2 WR spot (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=19070)

KLHJ2 07-31-2007 11:53 PM

Re: ARE vs. Lloyd for the number 2 WR spot

[quote=chrisl13;335004]whether ARE or Lloyd are #2 or #3 respectively, it doesnt even matter because just about 90% of our games were started in a 3 wide receiver set. to me they'll both get just about the same amount of playing time.

I also think Lloyd will step up by the time the season starts[/quote]

Welcome to the board, and not a bad first post.

chrisl13 07-31-2007 11:58 PM

[quote=angryssg;335012]Welcome to the board, and not a bad first post.[/quote]

thanks. i just had to get that off my chest lol

jsarno 08-01-2007 12:43 AM

[QUOTE=chrisl13;335004]whether ARE or Lloyd are #2 or #3 respectively, it doesnt even matter because just about 90% of our games were started in a 3 wide receiver set. to me they'll both get just about the same amount of playing time.

I also think Lloyd will step up by the time the season starts[/QUOTE]

Yes, exactly my point. ARE may be in the #2 spot, but Lloyd will get just as many chances if not more.

EARTHQUAKE2689 08-01-2007 12:48 AM

Yeah because he is a better "reciever."

Master4Caster 08-01-2007 01:17 AM

[quote=Bill B;334946]- but this has got to be a big letdown to Llyod [I]and his supporters[/I] . . . .[/quote]

:stop: I don't think Lloyd has a lot of supporters.

Brandon is more physically gifted than ARE and rightfully should be the #2 receiver, both on the depth chart and by the numbers. I think it's a problem when your #2 receiver is the tight end. I'm taking nothing away from Chris Cooley who is a better receiver then either BL or ARE. It's just that the top two receivers by catches, yards and TDs should be your wideouts.

For the team's sake, I hope Lloyd is successful this year, but I don't have my hopes up.

724Skinsfan 08-01-2007 07:32 AM

I usually side with the majority opinion but it looks I'm in the minority when it comes to Lloyd. I like him a lot. I love the fiery, cocky attitude. I think he uses it to motivate him to make plays. Lloyd follows in the mold of Gary Clark. Not everyone can be like Art Monk. In fact, as far as receivers and ego...um...go, Monk seems to have been an aberration. As long as he stays out of trouble with the law, I will root for him to compete with Santanna for the #1 role.

I also think it's kind of silly to say "Lloyd's not a #2" due to to last year's performance when everyone's performance last year was subpar. With that line of thinking we don't any first stringers.

dmek25 08-01-2007 08:04 AM

i think I'm in the minority when it comes to Lloyd, too. nothing wrong with alittle swagger. i don't remember Lloyd dropping any balls last season. it was just Brunell wouldn't throw to him. should be different this year

dmek25 08-01-2007 08:05 AM

[quote=jsarno;334986]Umm, Thrash only caught a TOTAL of 12 balls for 151 yards last year.
Stop thinking he is anything special...he isn't.[/quote]
it seems like there are alot of people around here that are infatuated with Thrash. the guy is a good team player. no more, no less

MTK 08-01-2007 08:06 AM

Based on how last year ended ARE [U]should[/U] be listed ahead of Lloyd. Lloyd has a lot to prove right now.

hagams 08-01-2007 08:50 AM

I really don't think that either is a strong # 2 guy from what we say last year. I hope that at least one of them took last year to heart, and went home and had a long talk in front of a mirror. We need to have a strong guy this year other than Moss.

skinsfan69 08-01-2007 09:50 AM

I was listening to Gibbs presser the other day and the way he talks about BL you would think he was Gary Clark. Gibbs always says he is real talented, he is real graceful catching the ball, has all this ability. I even read that he and Springs trained together in Ariz and Springs was saying the same stuff. I mean Springs said that Lloyd was one of the most talented WR's he had ever been around. Now that's a bold statement.

So why doesn't all this ability transfer to the field?? Yes, you can blame some of it on Brunell, but that only goes so far. Plus he never did shit in SF.

I'm looking for this guy to really take off this year. I'm talking about 60-80 catches and 6-8 TD's. He needs to put up or shut up and go away.

skinsfan69 08-01-2007 09:54 AM

[quote=Mattyk72;335145]Based on how last year ended ARE [U]should[/U] be listed ahead of Lloyd. Lloyd has a lot to prove right now.[/quote]

ARE is a nice player but he is not a solid NFL #2 WR. If our offense is going to improve and go to the next level we are going to need Lloyd to play like he is capable of playing.

BigSKINBauer 08-01-2007 09:58 AM

Antwaan burned shawn springs yesterday. ARE had to dive down for the catch and might not have caught it. I think the ref might of said no catch but i had a better look at it than even the ref did and it looked good. Maybe out of bounds but ARE caught it. Shawn turned around indicating no catch with his hands. Small tidbit from camp, thats all.

firstdown 08-01-2007 10:53 AM

[quote=Bill B;334946]Just heard on Sporstalk 980 from the Redskin report by Jerry Coleman that ARE leads Brandon Llyod for the number 2 WR spot opposite of Moss. Not looking to good for Llyod but it is only training camp - but this has got to be a big letdown to Llyod and his supporters since this is probably Llyod's put up some numbers or be cut year.[/quote]
If your going to start a thread about a player at least get the facts right. Lloyd is listed as the #3 WR only because that is how they finished the season last year and has nothing to do with their play in camps. I heard this twice over the past 2 days and one of the sources was Gibbs. On the Riggo show yesterday the reporter they had at camp said he did not know if it was just him but Lloyd look much faster than he did last year and he was impressed with hi play. Lets give the guy a break and the opportunity to prove that he can get the job done. Our O and D all looked bad last year and the only player that really stood out was Betts.

MTK 08-01-2007 11:00 AM

[quote=skinsfan69;335176]ARE is a nice player but he is not a solid NFL #2 WR. If our offense is going to improve and go to the next level we are going to need Lloyd to play like he is capable of playing.[/quote]

Based on last year Lloyd isn't even a good #3.

Like I said, he has a lot to prove right now.