Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Report: Redskins Release Casey Bramlet (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/19150-report-redskins-release-casey-bramlet.html)

SmootSmack 08-06-2007 02:03 PM

Report: Redskins Release Casey Bramlet

I just heard that the Redskins released Bramlet. I'll post a link when I see one

Jamaican'Skin 08-06-2007 02:07 PM

Re: Report: Redskins Release Casey Bramlet

He'll find work somewhere

Chief X_Phackter 08-06-2007 02:08 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;336632]I just heard that the Redskins released Bramlet. I'll post a link when I see one[/quote]

Wow, they have to trim rosters already or what? He must have looked pretty bad in the scrimmage or Palmer looked pretty good. I haven't seen it, but it seems early to make that decision. hmmmmm...

FRPLG 08-06-2007 02:15 PM

we had 5 in camp...didn't have enough work for all of them. do it this early and he can hook on somewhere else. it was probably a "we'll go ahead and do this for you so you can get a better chance somewhere else."

Dlyne8r 08-06-2007 02:19 PM

Here's the link

[url=http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2007/08/like_nfl_europa_bramlets_out.html#comments]Like NFL Europa, Bramlet's Out - Redskins Insider[/url]

bridaman51 08-06-2007 02:20 PM

Palmer looked good... but Collins is still the worst and should have been the first to go.

Chief X_Phackter 08-06-2007 02:20 PM

[quote=FRPLG;336637]we had 5 in camp...didn't have enough work for all of them. do it this early and he can hook on somewhere else. it was probably a "we'll go ahead and do this for you so you can get a better chance somewhere else."[/quote]

Yeah, that makes sense since we probably have our top three in Jason, Mark and Todd. Palmer will probably end up on the practice squad unless we decide to release Todd Collins between now and the beginning of the season.

Dlyne8r 08-06-2007 02:21 PM

If Bramlet was so good in the NFL "Zooropa," wouldn't he have been worth a little more time in camp?

12thMan 08-06-2007 02:22 PM

I'm telling you Palmer needs to be on this roster. I bet we'll see a lot of playing time between him and Collins this preseason.

Chief X_Phackter 08-06-2007 02:26 PM

[quote=12thMan;336643]I'm telling you Palmer needs to be on this roster. I bet we'll see a lot of playing time between him and Collins this preseason.[/quote]

Is he that good? I don't know much about him. He doesn't have spectacular stats at the college level...Texas El Paso...good genes though.

bridaman51 08-06-2007 02:27 PM

he threw a nice ball in the scrimmage... Like I said in another post I would have loved to have seen Palmer and Bramlet battling for that third spot it would have been fun to watch.

DGreene28 08-06-2007 02:40 PM

[quote=Chief X_Phackter;336645]Is he that good? I don't know much about him. He doesn't have spectacular stats at the college level...Texas El Paso...good genes though.[/quote]

He started all 36 games in his last three college seasons, throwing 81 touchdown passes.

That's a pretty spectacular stat! Reson he dropped in draft was his indecision in pocket and weak conference competition.

12thMan 08-06-2007 02:40 PM

[quote=Chief X_Phackter;336645]Is he that good? I don't know much about him. He doesn't have spectacular stats at the college level...Texas El Paso...good genes though.[/quote]

I'm not saying the kid is the next JC, but he had good pocket presence and delivered some really good thows with some touch.

Our other guys are 35ish each, time to go. Youth movement.

Dogtag 08-06-2007 02:42 PM

It sounds like a good decision. The Skins saw that Casey has a lot of potential but was not going to break into the line-up with the Skins anytime soon. This decision gives Casey the best chance to follow other opportunities that may be available to him. I think the decsion showed a lot of Class on the part of the Skins and a lot of respect for Casey B.

Chief X_Phackter 08-06-2007 02:46 PM

So which is it? He has good pocket presence like 12th says, or he is indecisive in the pocket like DGreen says? I'm confused. I have no problem with a youth movement, but have we seen enough of this guy to pick him over Bramlet already?