Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What's a "win" for this first preseason game? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=19232)

dmek25 08-11-2007 08:12 AM

Re: What's a "win" for this first preseason game?

no injuries. and when the starters are in the game, good execution. doesn't mean a ton of points, or turnovers. just doing the things that they are supposed to do

gibbsisgod 08-11-2007 08:53 AM

No dumb penalties.
No turnovers by any of the QBs or any regular players.
Pressure on VY and whoever else they got at QB

I also would like to see very few mental errors. It seems we always see it in preseason after a score only having 10 guys on the f[B]ie[/B]ld and somebody comes running in late. That type of shit should not be tolerated. If you don't know if you are supposed to be on the f[B]ie[/B]ld, you must not want a job that bad.

Skinsfan1967 08-11-2007 09:13 AM

Use the games to establish a habit of winning before the regular season begins.

BleedBurgundy 08-11-2007 09:35 AM

Honestly, there's only two things that I think need to happen. Come out of this game with no starters injured and secondly, have our first team units dominate their first team units. Once you get into the 2nd and 3rd teams, it's more about individual players and less about the cohesion of the unit.

skinsguy 08-11-2007 10:11 AM

No injuries.
The starting offense moves the ball fairly well.
The starting defense does not give up any big plays. Gets to the quarterback at least once.
Would like to see some big plays from our 2nd and 3rd string units.

squrrelco3 08-11-2007 12:26 PM

[quote=skinsguy;338974]No injuries.
The starting offense moves the ball fairly well.
The starting defense does not give up any big plays. Gets to the quarterback at least once.
Would like to see some big plays from our 2nd and 3rd string units.[/quote]

^Pretty much everything he said goes for me too.

MonkManiac 08-11-2007 03:37 PM

[QUOTE=BleedBurgundy;338969]Honestly, there's only two things that I think need to happen. Come out of this game with no starters injured and secondly, have our first team units dominate their first team units. Once you get into the 2nd and 3rd teams, it's more about individual players and less about the cohesion of the unit.[/QUOTE]

I like your phrasing here; "only two things" includes dominance by our first team unit. Maybe if we make it sound like a minor thing, God will be tricked into letting us have it...