Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Atlanta Solves QB Problem, Books Super Bowl Tickets (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/19266-atlanta-solves-qb-problem-books-super.html)

SmootSmack 08-13-2007 11:43 AM

Atlanta Solves QB Problem, Books Super Bowl Tickets

The Falcons have signed Casey Bramlet. Will post a link as soon as I find one

Monkeydad 08-13-2007 11:45 AM

Re: Atlanta Solves QB Problem, Books Super Bowl Tickets

Wow. With Harrington starting the season, Casey may be playing by the end of the season!:cheeky-sm

skinsfan69 08-13-2007 12:01 PM

Good for them. Looks like Vick is going to be out for the year.

RMSkins 08-13-2007 02:39 PM

With Harrington, Shockley, Redman, and Bramlet as the Falcons QB's, they're looking at a 3-4 win season if they're lucky.

JGisLordOfTheRings 08-13-2007 02:42 PM

I dont give a shit what anyone thinks, Bramlet is ok. He will be playing by week 8 if Harrington sucks as bad as I think.

EARTHQUAKE2689 08-13-2007 02:46 PM

Man off to Arizona. SB for the Falcons for sure.

skinsfan_nn 08-13-2007 02:46 PM

That's no real big surprise. That might just need him, before it's all said and done.

djnemo65 08-13-2007 02:50 PM

I kind of think the Falcons will be better than people think this year. I mean, if Vick is as overrated as everyone says then they shouldn't be that much worse than last year.

heybigstar 08-13-2007 03:04 PM

[quote=djnemo65;339753]I kind of think the Falcons will be better than people think this year. I mean, if Vick is as overrated as everyone says then they shouldn't be that much worse than last year.[/quote]

I agree -- very good point. The Falcons D is solid and to gain all those rushing yards, you would think that the O line is solid as well.

Mattyk 08-13-2007 03:11 PM

As long as they don't ask Harrington to do too much, they might be alright.

BleedBurgundy 08-13-2007 03:24 PM

I don't think Joey Harrington is as bad as what we've seen so far. He didn't look horrible in their first preseason game from what I've read and it's not like he's ever had a good team around him.

dmek25 08-13-2007 04:06 PM

any team that runs the ball as effectively as the falcons do will always be in the game. and Bramlet will never play a down in the NFL. if he does, ill walk from......

GTripp0012 08-13-2007 04:19 PM

[quote=BleedBurgundy;339764]I don't think Joey Harrington is as bad as what we've seen so far. He didn't look horrible in their first preseason game from what I've read and it's not like he's ever had a good team around him.[/quote]Not that its going to change for him now.

Just because I lovingly refer to Harrington as the "worst QB in the history of the NFL" (lovingly) for his continued oppertunitiy and failure, does not mean that he's so bad that he couldn't come to a good team who lacked a QB and start winning games. Atlanta though is not a good team by any stretch of the imagination.

Jerious Norwood is just a bowling ball of potential in that backfield though.

BleedBurgundy 08-13-2007 05:28 PM

[QUOTE=GTripp0012;339775]Not that its going to change for him now.

Just because I lovingly refer to Harrington as the "worst QB in the history of the NFL" (lovingly) for his continued oppertunitiy and failure, does not mean that he's so bad that he couldn't come to a good team who lacked a QB and start winning games. Atlanta though is not a good team by any stretch of the imagination.

Jerious Norwood is just a bowling ball of potential in that backfield though.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you love Joey nearly as much as you say. :hater:

No, I do agree with you as far as he's not going to be a bad caretaker qb. I just think he gets a bum rap when his only opportunities in the NFL came with the JV Squad. I am very interested to see who has the better year, Joey Harrington or Matt Schaub. If I had to say right now, I think Harrington will have the better year, both statswise and in W-L's.

GTripp0012 08-13-2007 05:34 PM

[quote=BleedBurgundy;339803]I don't think you love Joey nearly as much as you say. :hater:

No, I do agree with you as far as he's not going to be a bad caretaker qb. I just think he gets a bum rap when his only opportunities in the NFL came with the JV Squad. I am very interested to see who has the better year, Joey Harrington or Matt Schaub. If I had to say right now, I think Harrington will have the better year, both statswise and in W-L's.[/quote]I think Schaub is a way, way better player with a slightly better team. I'd put a lot of money on Schaub if it was him vs. Harrington.

Harrington is a constant. You know what you get in him, a not so great QB who has the NFL experience to not make the wrong move all the time (anymore). There's a certain amount of room for scouting error in regards to Schaub, but all of his periphrials, both college and limited pro, look really really good.