Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What were you thinking when Jason went down? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=19348)

mredskins 08-19-2007 03:45 PM

Re: What were you thinking when Jason went down?

Washington is out two weeks and Espy is done for the year. Honestly this has been a worse injury pre-season for us thenlast year and we all know how last year panned out.

though on the glass is half full thinking, we have looked much better this year in pre-season then last year. D looks awesome and the O is finding it's way sprinkle in some Clinton and Samuels should be awesome.

BTW- On a side note to you autography whores, go to the Greenbelt Marriott about 3.5 hours before kick off and you can get everyones autograph very easily, they are all just chilling in the lobby. I even saw Gibbs. Smooty has an awesome Rolls, all white with huge rims. IT was cool!

mredskins 08-19-2007 03:48 PM

[quote=BigSKINBauer;341404]I started yelling at my steelers friend because i thought it was a late hit. I was looking upfield when it happened and i didn't notice till i looked back. I also thought it was casey hampton and i started saying that the steelers were dirty and what not. I moved in the game to better seats but at the time i didn't have a television to look at and i didn't see a replay because the stadium didn't show it.[/quote]

I did the same thing at the game to my Steelers friends. My one buddy who is a steelers fan felt really bad, he went in to the bar and waited to hear what the prociangose (sp) was and came out and gave me the good news.

Sheriff Gonna Getcha 08-19-2007 04:33 PM

My heart pretty much sank down to my ankles.

Luxorreb 08-19-2007 04:43 PM

It looked real serious. Bad serious.

All I could say was ,"bad".

Thank god we have a young resiliant QB. Hopefully he'll be ready in week 1 and doesn't play another preseason down. Unfortunately with our OL in the state it's in we might be in for alot more QB pressure in the coming weeks. Let's hope we start plugging up the holes!

DieHardSkinsFan777 08-19-2007 04:51 PM

Hope he gets up....

Gmanc711 08-19-2007 04:57 PM

Done for season. That is all I thought when I saw it...

I avoided the score/stories for the last 24 hours so I could watch the NFL Network replay not knowing what happened and I nearly fainted when I saw that hit....thank god he appears to be ok.

ArtMonkDrillz 08-19-2007 05:03 PM

I believe I shouted something along the lines of "That dirty MFer, he went for Campbell's knee!" And then a little bit later I said "I hope Golston snaps Big Ben's leg in half." Then I proceeded to cuss a lot.

saden1 08-19-2007 06:18 PM

"There goes our season" was the first thought that crossed my mind.

dmek25 08-19-2007 06:27 PM

we are done, and not another year of Brunell. Todd Collins gets my vote for back up. brunell is down right brutal to watch

TruckMcLaren 08-19-2007 09:15 PM

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=3]I was pissed off, and Im still pissed! There is no need for BULLSHIT HITS in the game. I think Roger should start throwing out some big fines for these fuckin hits! One STUPID HIT like that could ruin any teams chance to make the playoffs, but more importantly put somebody in a hospital or worse! It was like deja vu of the Carson Palmer injury! [/SIZE][/FONT]

Cowell 08-19-2007 09:16 PM

It wasn't a cheap shot, when will you guys get that through your heads?

ArtMonkDrillz 08-19-2007 09:50 PM

[QUOTE=Cowell;341492]It wasn't a cheap shot, when will you guys get that through your heads?[/QUOTE]so then why was there a flag?

The guy sprang forward even though he knew that he'd be hitting Campbell right around the knees. It might not have been the dirtiest shot ever but it was still pretty cheap.

number21isabadman 08-19-2007 09:55 PM

Yeah the dude got penalized i believe to. there should only be 2 preseason games for each team 4 is way to much.

Gmanc711 08-19-2007 10:17 PM

[QUOTE=ArtMonkDrillz;341497]so then why was there a flag?

The guy sprang forward even though he knew that he'd be hitting Campbell right around the knees. It might not have been the dirtiest shot ever but it was still pretty cheap.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to disagree actually. I didnt think it was a dirty or cheap hit at all...I mean I understand its still preaseason but its football. If Phillip Daniels has the chance to sack Tony Romo a bit low because thats where his momentum is, we' wouldnt want him to fire a 30 yard pass downfeild to Witten. Not for one second do I think that he intended at all to do anything besides try to make the sack, not take out Jason.

Although, if Golston did hit Rothlesberger later, it wouldnt have been the worst thing in the world :)

DEVIL'S OWN 08-19-2007 10:18 PM

I started to dry heave...... :vomit: