Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Brunell to Birds? (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/19380-brunell-to-birds.html)

Dlyne8r 08-20-2007 02:11 PM

Brunell to Birds?

I know this has been discussed before, but given the fact that D.J. Shockley, the Falcon's potential backup QB went down last weekend with a season ending injury, maybe there might be a legitimate interest now to jettison Brunell. Is this worth yet another thread?

[url=http://video1.washingtontimes.com/redskins/]The Washington Times, America's Newspaper[/url]

Mattyk 08-20-2007 02:17 PM

Re: Brunell to Birds?

No way this happens. Our backup QB situation is shaky enough as it is.

SmootSmack 08-20-2007 02:19 PM

Did we just forget the Falcons have Casey "Baby Favre" Bramlet?!

Also, rumors of them trading for Holcomb or Chris Simms are still going strong

BrudLee 08-20-2007 02:26 PM

Hmm... maybe.

We certainly have a better feel for Todd Collins than we did last year. Collins in preseason last year was merely OK against 3rd stringers (78.8 QB rating), and he's been much better this year (115.3) against better competition. The strength of Brunell has been the idea of his mentoring of Campbell this year. Is a mentor worth, say, a 3rd round pick? Do the Falcons think Brunell is worth that?

There are loud and justifiable voices who want to dump Brunell. I don't necessarily agree with them, but if there is something of value in return, then consider the offer.

JWsleep 08-20-2007 02:28 PM

I would be shocked. Given our lack of experience in JC and Collins, and JGs love of Brunnell, I just don't see it. Plus, any new QB would have to learn Saunders playbook on the fly. I don't see it.

artmonkforhallofamein07 08-20-2007 02:38 PM

I say trade him. If we can get a pack of bubble gum then let him go. Brunnel is done. He went 5-12 with a pick against 3rd and fouth stringers Sat. Night. He's done and he got old really fast.

skinsfan_nn 08-20-2007 02:39 PM

Not happenin!

mooby 08-20-2007 02:49 PM

If Collins plays against the Ravens first teamers next Saturday night and does well I could see this deal happening. We would have Collins to backup Campbell so we wouldn't have to worry there, and then Palmer would probably be 3rd string. The Falcons might be willing to give a good price for him too, because Bill Musgrave is the quarterbacks coach down there and he was the quarterbacks coach for the Redskins in 2005 when Brunell had his last good season.

manditorybidness 08-20-2007 02:54 PM

If we can get something for Brunell then I say do it because right now he is on track to become the highest paid 3rd string QB in the NFL.

BrudLee 08-20-2007 03:15 PM

[QUOTE=redskins21x;341887]Brunell is the most rediculous garbage QB Left in the NFL He will never amount to anything then he has 8 years ago to the Jags.We should pick up Simeon Rice or Tank Johnson[/QUOTE]

I swear to God I will ban you. I will ban you back to the Stone Age. Not for your opinions - though they are foolish - but for misspelling "ridiculous".
[LIST][*]If Brunell amounts to what he was eight years ago with the Jags, then we will be in the Championship game with a 14-2 record.[*]Simeon Rice has failed every physical he's taken this year except the one with the Giants - who only passed Simeon to piss off Strahan.[*]Tank Johnson has only played in a Cover 2, and will be on our roster for eight games he can't play if we sign him. [u]That's[/u] a bad FO decision.[/LIST]
No one wants to see Brunell starting now - he isn't our first round draft pick, he isn't our leader. Being this angry about it is like being angry about the third string Tight End - except the third string Tight End might actually have to [u]do[/u] something on special teams. Brunell will just sit on the sideline with his rediculously perfect hairline.

Mattyk 08-20-2007 03:16 PM

Brunell does have himself a rediculously swanky head of hair... that bastard.

Monkeydad 08-20-2007 03:19 PM

[quote=redskins21x;341887]Brunell is the most rediculous garbage QB Left in the NFL He will never amount to anything then he has 8 years ago to the Jags.We should pick up Simeon Rice or Tank Johnson[/quote]

Yeah, they'd be great backup QBs.

This thread is STUPID.

Mattyk 08-20-2007 03:51 PM

As the #4 I assume Palmer isn't getting many meaningful snaps in practice. I think it's a little unrealistic to expect him to be playing.

Like it or not you still have get your #2 and #3 QBs ready to play.