Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Brunell to Birds? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=19380)

RMSkins 08-20-2007 09:52 PM

Re: Brunell to Birds?

[quote=Mattyk72;341943]As the #4 I assume Palmer isn't getting many meaningful snaps in practice. I think it's a little unrealistic to expect him to be playing.

Like it or not you still have get your #2 and #3 QBs ready to play.[/quote]
Brunell, and Collins have been in the leauge long enough to be ready for the regular season wether they get in or not. Does it really hurt to get Palmer in the last 5 mins of the game to see what this kid can do in a game situation, are those 5 mins really going to effect our backup QB's, who each have over 15 years experience as an NFL QB, from being ready for the regular season?

Pocket$ $traight 08-20-2007 09:58 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;342103]Why do you have to keep mocking his faith?[/quote]

It isn't mocking his faith. Touchdown Jesus is a symbol at Notre Dame. If you have a problem with it, talk to them.

There is nothing blasphemous about calling Brunell Touchdown Jesus, in fact many people including myself, find it amusing. Find something else to bitch at me about.

As I mentioned before, I am a Christian and there is no negativity towards [I]my[/I] faith in the nickname.

Are you really this touchy? You need a few two-a-days.

SmootSmack 08-20-2007 10:00 PM

[QUOTE=Grim21Reaper;342112]It isn't mocking his faith. Touchdown Jesus is a symbol at Notre Dame. If you have a problem with it, talk to them.

There is nothing blasphemous about calling Brunell Touchdown Jesus, in fact many people including myself, find it amusing. Find something else to bitch at me about.

As I mentioned before, I am a Christian and there is no negativity towards [I]my[/I] faith in the nickname.

Are you really this touchy? You need a few two-a-days.[/QUOTE]

Fine. Whatever. Moving on

GTripp0012 08-21-2007 01:25 AM

If we can get a first day pick for Brunell, then this is a no brainer.

If we can't then it's just not worth it.

chrisl4064 08-21-2007 01:33 AM

i say keep him, you never know what could happen, he knows the playbook and im still not comfortable with collins and probably never will be.

sandman89 08-21-2007 02:22 AM

Brunell should be traded if Collins is doing good now ,maybe guys like Texans would use a nice back up or any team that needs a back up

sandman89 08-21-2007 02:27 AM

[QUOTE=RMSkins;342110]Brunell, and Collins have been in the leauge long enough to be ready for the regular season wether they get in or not. Does it really hurt to get Palmer in the last 5 mins of the game to see what this kid can do in a game situation, are those 5 mins really going to effect our backup QB's, who each have over 15 years experience as an NFL QB, from being ready for the regular season?[/QUOTE]

I mean seriously why did we draft a QB ?.I say trade Brunell we didn't was a pick on Palmer for nothing , and also we have collins doing good now and trading for a first day pick can help us.

chrisl4064 08-21-2007 02:50 AM

i say trade collins, keep brunell. brunell might be able to pull 1-2 games out of his ass if needed, i dont see forsee collins making any impact at all if called upon.

Oakland Red 08-21-2007 03:55 AM

I think we need to have a young quarterback to develop. Putting Palmer on the practice squad exposes him to other teams. It would be better, I think, to make him the number three quarterback and give him the focus and attention needed to get him ready to step in if he has to.

Mark Brunell could really make a difference to the quarterback strapped Falcons and I would think that would be of interest to Mark to be in that situation. Here all he gets is the ridiculous, unwarranted, pitiful antipathy of fans looking for a scapegoat. He deserves far better. His arm strength is less than it was and though I think he is still a capable player, who has made for some special memories for any true Redskin fans, the sea tide has shifted here in DC and I think it would help him to move on.

Todd Collins on the other hand has been working in this system for years on end, and is a very capable backup. He deserves a shot to be the number two quarterback, and I think at this point he is the second best quarterback on the roster for a team using the Saunders system.

Luxorreb 08-21-2007 04:19 AM

Brunell will not go anywhere this season.

And when he makes the Superbowl appearance you'll be happy too!

People had written off Doug Williams before he won Superbowl MVP!!!

offiss 08-21-2007 04:44 AM

[QUOTE=Luxorreb;342184]Brunell will not go anywhere this season.

And when he makes the Superbowl appearance you'll be happy too!

People had written off Doug Williams before he won Superbowl MVP!!![/QUOTE]

Only if I scalp him his ticket.

MTK 08-21-2007 06:45 AM

[quote=RMSkins;342110]Brunell, and Collins have been in the leauge long enough to be ready for the regular season wether they get in or not. Does it really hurt to get Palmer in the last 5 mins of the game to see what this kid can do in a game situation, are those 5 mins really going to effect our backup QB's, who each have over 15 years experience as an NFL QB, from being ready for the regular season?[/quote]

Why bother when he's practice squad material at best??

Beemnseven 08-21-2007 07:00 AM

With the amount of time Campbell has been getting - up until this injury anyway - there really isn't enough time in a game for a fourth quarterback like Palmer. Collins and Brunell need the reps too.

If anyone should understand the hesitant nature of Joe Gibbs with rookie quarterbacks, it should be Redskins fans. No one should be surprised if Palmer doesn't get a chance to line up behind center during exhibition play.

BleedBurgundy 08-21-2007 07:42 AM

Does everyone here understand that we didn't draft CARSON PALMER? With some of these posts you'd think we did. Brunnel sucks. As a starter. As a back up, he's slightly above average. Why are we placing so much emphasis on getting our rookie QB from a no name school who played against no named talent on our gameday roster in place of a veteran NFL quarterback who knows how to manage games and not turn the ball over? Anyone?

MTK 08-21-2007 09:25 AM

[quote=BleedBurgundy;342197]Does everyone here understand that we didn't draft CARSON PALMER? With some of these posts you'd think we did. Brunnel sucks. As a starter. As a back up, he's slightly above average. Why are we placing so much emphasis on getting our rookie QB from a no name school who played against no named talent on our gameday roster in place of a veteran NFL quarterback who knows how to manage games and not turn the ball over? Anyone?[/quote]

Good post, my thoughts exactly.

Palmer isn't even going to make the active roster, he's practice squad material at best and believe me, nobody is going to be jumping at the chance to snatch him away.