Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Eagles Are Dumb and getting Dumber now (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=19396)

TheMalcolmConnection 08-21-2007 02:57 PM

Re: Eagles Are Dumb and getting Dumber now

Honestly, I'd rather have played him than Gaither.

sandman89 08-21-2007 03:04 PM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection;342489]Honestly, I'd rather have played him than Gaither.[/QUOTE]

Ya isn't he a lil to small? Great now for them they'll probably draft a WR first round or a beastly LB.

firstdown 08-21-2007 03:06 PM

[quote=MonkFan4Life;342456]I mean he's 30 ! That's what the Eagles do, Donovan is next. I don't care what kind of year he has he's done in Philly. Mark it down ![/quote]
So what your saying is when their players get older in stead of hanging on to them they let them go. Hmm! sounds like it might not be a bad idea.

jbcjr14 08-21-2007 03:34 PM

I would think Takeo Spikes would likely move over to the MLB position???

GusFrerotte 08-21-2007 04:03 PM

Sad to see a former Pro Bowler get discarded like that, but his skill level was greatly diminished since his first Philly run.

GhettoDogAllStars 08-21-2007 04:05 PM

[QUOTE=jbcjr14;342509]I would think Takeo Spikes would likely move over to the MLB position???[/QUOTE]

That's what I read online, although there are still some people who think not.

Longtimefan 08-21-2007 04:11 PM

I wish they were dumb enough to release one or two of those ten O-linemen they have, all of which could probably start for some team in the NFL. We could sure use some of that.

sandman89 08-21-2007 05:38 PM

[QUOTE=Longtimefan;342526]I wish they were dumb enough to release one or two of those ten O-linemen they have, all of which could probably start for some team in the NFL. We could sure use some of that.[/QUOTE]

OR if not a OL a guy like L.J smith would be nice for us :tongue .

firstdown 08-21-2007 05:38 PM

[quote=GusFrerotte;342522]Sad to see a former Pro Bowler get discarded like that, but his skill level was greatly diminished since his first Philly run.[/quote]
You know I agree that its said how players get dumped but they also are all for a team one year than the next they get a better offer and are gone.

RMSkins 08-21-2007 06:50 PM

[quote=GhettoDogAllStars;342523]That's what I read online, although there are still some people who think not.[/quote]
Yeah, I am almost positive the Eagles will move Spikes to MLB, and have Gaither at WLB, and Gocong/Bradley at SLB. Either way you cut it the Eagles have a pretty weak LB corp IMO.

sandman89 08-21-2007 07:43 PM

[QUOTE=RMSkins;342599]Yeah, I am almost positive the Eagles will move Spikes to MLB, and have Gaither at WLB, and Gocong/Bradley at SLB. Either way you cut it the Eagles have a pretty weak LB corp IMO.[/QUOTE]

Ya Spikes is now officially there best LB.Gaither is not that great and i don't know who the other man is .Maybe Marshall could be on there target but i hope not.

holcknowsbest 08-21-2007 08:10 PM

[quote=sandman89;342409]Guess who they released.

[URL="http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=96045&id=141"]Jeremiah Trotter : Rotoworld.com - Jeremiah Trotter Biography from Rotoworld.com[/URL]

K this is way better for us and i can't see which was dumber us releasing Marshall or them releasing there best LB?.Hey well if we wanted a LB than it should have been Trotter than but most likely not a starter,Crap i think teams like the Dolphins and Cowboys might need him dammit.[/quote]

i dont know who is dumber, you or my 5 year old. we are not stupid for releasing lemar marshall. if anything its a freaking good thing because it means the other guys are coming along. i liked lemar marshall too but i honestly believe that is a step in the right direction not back.

SmootSmack 08-21-2007 08:11 PM

[QUOTE=holcknowsbest;342634]i dont know who is dumber, you or my 5 year old. we are not stupid for releasing lemar marshall. if anything its a freaking good thing because it means the other guys are coming along. i liked lemar marshall too but i honestly believe that is a step in the right direction not back.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you're 5 year old is thrilled you're calling him dumb

70Chip 08-21-2007 08:15 PM

[quote=SmootSmack;342636]I'm sure you're 5 year old is thrilled you're calling him dumb[/quote]

What did that guy say about the apple falling off the tree?

budw38 08-21-2007 08:22 PM

[quote=holcknowsbest;342634]i dont know who is dumber, you or my 5 year old. we are not stupid for releasing lemar marshall. if anything its a freaking good thing because it means the other guys are coming along. i liked lemar marshall too but i honestly believe that is a step in the right direction not back.[/quote] It would have been better to trade him . With M. Washington likely to miss the opener , if Rocky gets dinged , who will be our OLB's ,,, Blades and Sartz , Maybe Godfrey? Hope he has some gas in the tank , he was talking retirement , besides , he is an ex-cowboy ! If we couldn't get a trade , I would liked to have had Marshall on the roster until M. Washington is 100% .