Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   BioShock (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=19414)

skinsfanthru&thru 08-22-2007 08:12 PM

BioShock

Any other X-Box 360 owners need to do yourselves a favor if you haven't already: either go out and buy this game or atleast download the demo. This is one of the best games I've played in [B][U]years[/U][/B]. Graphics, music, presentation, and the story make this game a easy early choice for game of the year in my opinion.
here are some trailers & vids for anyone who hasn't seen anything about this game:
[url=http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/793/793105/vids_1.html]IGN: BioShock Trailer, Videos and Movies[/url]

DynamiteRave 08-22-2007 08:37 PM

Re: BioShock

The guy at gamestop told me that BioShock is gonna end up being the game everyone wants and no one is gonna be able to find. And i dont even have a 360.. yet.

But, best go pick it up. Looks like its gonna be hot.

SantanaMan 08-22-2007 08:38 PM

I downloaded the demo last week - the game looks really REALLY good!

MTK 08-22-2007 09:48 PM

I've heard it's going to be great, I need to grab the demo

skinsfanthru&thru 08-22-2007 09:52 PM

[QUOTE=DynamiteRave;342877]The guy at gamestop told me that BioShock is gonna end up being the game everyone wants and no one is gonna be able to find. And i dont even have a 360.. yet.

But, best go pick it up. Looks like its gonna be hot.[/QUOTE]

yeah we only had enough for reserves and had to turn away about 20 people by the time I had left for the day. I just can't say enough about how sweet it is and I've personally already put about 10 hrs into it since around 7 last night.

saden1 08-23-2007 12:52 PM

Man, the game looks awesome...makes me want to go out get XBOX 360.

MTK 08-23-2007 01:51 PM

I played the demo last night and this game is definitely going to be a must have. When does it come out??

Southpaw 08-23-2007 01:56 PM

[quote=Mattyk72;343109]I played the demo last night and this game is definitely going to be a must have. When does it come out??[/quote]

It actually came out two days ago, but you'll probably have some trouble trying to locate a copy.

MTK 08-23-2007 01:59 PM

damn I wish I would have pre-ordered it

mredskins 08-23-2007 02:25 PM

Matty don't worry Best Buy had like fifty of them last night. I have been jocking this game all over the Madden threads I know it would be hot!!!!

MTK 08-23-2007 03:37 PM

I'm heading to Best Buy soon then!

mredskins 08-23-2007 04:02 PM

Seriously I don't understand why stores want you to reserve games anymore. It is stupid. I can't remeber the last time a game completely sold out. Yes you may not see it in one store but just walk down the street a few steps and the next big box store will have it.

IMO Gamestop and EB are the worst places to buy games. The guys that work there are the biggest nerds ever who try to push shit on you the entire time you are there. Second you can buy all that crap at Best Buy why, even bother with them. Third they want to buy your games back for like $5 then turn around and sell them used for $55. I say tell them to go F themselves!

BigSKINBauer 08-23-2007 05:13 PM

^^ buy and sell on half.com. Makes it MUCH easier to buy games. I bought Gears of War for like 29 dollars. That is 25 dollars cheaper than EB was selling a used version. That is an extra game. Many other games have even better deals. Then if you are the seller you still make more.

Riggo44 08-23-2007 08:44 PM

That looks like a pretty cool game. If I wasn't poor I'd take that step up from my ps2.:(

skinsfanthru&thru 08-23-2007 10:47 PM

[QUOTE=mredskins;343210]Seriously I don't understand why stores want you to reserve games anymore. It is stupid. I can't remeber the last time a game completely sold out. Yes you may not see it in one store but just walk down the street a few steps and the next big box store will have it.

IMO Gamestop and EB are the worst places to buy games. The guys that work there are the biggest nerds ever who try to push shit on you the entire time you are there. Second you can buy all that crap at Best Buy why, even bother with them. Third they want to buy your games back for like $5 then turn around and sell them used for $55. I say tell them to go F themselves![/QUOTE]

it's all about supply and demand. when best buy only has a bit over 1,000 stores nationwide and EB/GS have 4,000, the supplies of games are a bit more spread out. as one of those "nerds" i think it's funny as hell when u see someone say u can find something anywhere and yet get those same people who've driven to multiple stores trying to find said item when all they had to do to save on all the gas they just wasted driving around was do a simple thing like but $5 down on something. I personally reserve my and my family's games just cuz I like to know my stuff is taken care of and I do the same with my movies online and at different stores. some people like that thrill of the hunt type feeling in my expirience and I have no problem with people not reserving cuz thats a personal choice, but those same people who don't reserve the game then turn around and complain the most about going to multiple places trying to find a whatever it is they r looking for.
I'm not gonna get into the trade prices, but its a whole more complex than we just wanna rip people off like a lot of people think. I'm also not saying its fair or unfair just it is what it is. it's all about finding the right deal like I got an extra $45 on my trades today. but what works for some is not necesarrily what works for everyone.