Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Redskins Locker Room (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/)
-   -   Vick suspended indefinitely (http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-locker-room/19446-vick-suspended-indefinitely.html)

sandtrapjack 08-24-2007 06:01 PM

Vick suspended indefinitely

Commissioner Roger Goodell notified [URL="http://www.nfl.com/players/michaelvick/profile?id=VIC311467"]Michael Vick[/URL] on Friday that he is suspended indefinitely without pay from the National Football League, effective immediately.
Following are excerpts from Commissioner Goodell’s letter to Vick:

[url=http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d801c32be&template=with-video&confirm=true]Vick suspended indefinitely[/url]

Daseal 08-24-2007 06:16 PM

Re: Vick suspended indefinitely

The rumor had been that Vick wasn't going to admit to killing dogs or gambling, now that he did it'll be very tough for him to make a comeback. Good riddance.

redskinsfanatic 08-24-2007 06:26 PM

if het gets a short prison sentence,he'll play in canada a few years!

artmonkforhallofamein07 08-24-2007 06:34 PM

Well there is step one. I guess they will revist this once he is out of prison?

Suspending him indefinatley just gets the Falcons out of not having to pay him for the foreseeable future. At what point do they let him go? It will wreak havoc of thier cap considering he still has 7 yrs 117 mil left on his contract.

That Guy 08-24-2007 06:42 PM

the falcons can reclaim his signing bonus, or large chunks of it now with that ruling, meaning they'll have a lot of cap room going forward.

D'BOYZ 08-24-2007 06:54 PM

he'll be the star in the new league UFL or somethign but I don't he'll ever play for the NFL again

Redskins 08-24-2007 07:12 PM

Actually, he'll probably never play again - period. He's the new Pete Rose for the NFL, and when he finally gets out of jail....he'll probably be on probation. Translation - he can't leave the state (usually) let alone the US. So, playing in Canada is out too. Look at it this way, he can now focus 100% of his efforts on obtaining that ever allusive Citizen of the Year award, or at least open his own personal woodshop to figure out how to design a better system of transporting pot on airplanes. Loser.

Skinsfan1967 08-24-2007 07:12 PM

Nothing to comment on. I just did not like the Redskins to Cowboys ratio in this thread.:httr:

mooby 08-24-2007 07:17 PM

He'll be the star of the PFL (prison football league). At least he'll be free from getting his salad tossed in prison because of the herpes lol.

Longtimefan 08-24-2007 08:06 PM

[QUOTE=redskinsfanatic;343688]if het gets a short prison sentence,he'll play in canada a few years![/QUOTE]

Not likely he'll play in Canada either. He probably will not even be allowed to enter Canada with a felony record.

sandtrapjack 08-24-2007 09:23 PM

But you will notice the wording, he is suspended INDEFINITELY, and not a LIFETIME suspension or ban.

That word "indefinitely" means that he can ask for re-admission at a later date after he sentence is fulfilled. Whereas a LIFETIME ban or suspension means he cannot ever return. Goodell left the door open.

I bet we will see Vick trying to make it back to the NFL next year. If not certainly the following year.

Darrell_Green_28 08-24-2007 10:17 PM

But then doesnt that leave it open for the Commish to say at anytime that the suspension has been changed to a lifetime ban? which i for one would hope he never plays a snap again in any league. If i saw right CFL will not have him either

skinsguy 08-25-2007 12:42 AM

[QUOTE=sandtrapjack;343728]But you will notice the wording, he is suspended INDEFINITELY, and not a LIFETIME suspension or ban.

That word "indefinitely" means that he can ask for re-admission at a later date after he sentence is fulfilled. Whereas a LIFETIME ban or suspension means he cannot ever return. Goodell left the door open.

I bet we will see Vick trying to make it back to the NFL next year. If not certainly the following year.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I don't believe we have seen the last of Michael Vick. I am a huge VA Tech fan, but I am also a dog lover. I cannot stand the fact that someone would mistreat animals the way Vick has. But, with all of that said, he will try to enter the NFL again, but regardless, his NFL career is ruined.

Crazyhorse1 08-25-2007 12:53 AM

[quote=skinsguy;343753]I agree. I don't believe we have seen the last of Michael Vick. I am a huge VA Tech fan, but I am also a dog lover. I cannot stand the fact that someone would mistreat animals the way Vick has. But, with all of that said, he will try to enter the NFL again, but regardless, his NFL career is ruined.[/quote]

I wonder how much money he has and will end up with after paying legal fees.
Has he already made enough money to retire to South America and go into dog fighting full time.

Darrell_Green_28 08-25-2007 02:01 AM

made?? wont he have to pay most of that back if Atlanta chooses to make him? so i wouldnt say he has enough to retire, with what he will owe in fines, court cost, attorney fees and payback to the falcons. probably not nearly as much as you think