Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How did we look vs. the Ravens? (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=19461)

70Chip 08-26-2007 03:39 PM

Re: How did we look vs. the Ravens?

[quote=RobH4413;343992]I really am impressed with the energy our defense showed last night. Every play you see 5 or 6 jerseys pile on. Everybody wants to hit, everyone wants to win. It really looks like the swagger is back.

I think everyone is excited to see what Landry brings to Greg Williams' scheme. Two safeties of this caliber give GW a lot of flexibility with his plays (more blitzing). It looks like we really tweaked the roster in the right places, I see a top 5 defense again this year.[/quote]

I agree. I would like to see the GW blitz the tar out of Miami in Week 1. Where we get into trouble is when we rush 4 and play zone behind that. There were too many Ravens running open across the middle last night. It's not a knock on our D-Line, which looks much better, it's just too hard to get pressure with just 4 guys in the NFL nowadays. Very few teams are able to do it. We are better off bringing 5,6,7, or even 8 and playing man coverage behind that. Smoot especially seems lost in zone coverage and gives up way too much ground. It's almost as if playing man coverage creates urgency in the minds of our guys that is lacking when they play soft. We need to play balls out. Our personell is not suited to a reactionary approach.

Also, the only way I can see Green lighting us up is if we play zone. His greatest attributess are his ability to see the field and throw the ball to spots against the zone. I think we would be better off manning up even if we don't blitz, which I know we will.

12thMan 08-26-2007 03:41 PM

[quote=70Chip;343998]I agree. I would like to see the GW blitz the tar out of Miami in Week 1. Where we get into trouble is when we rush 4 and play zone behind that. There were too many Ravens running open across the middle last night. It's not a knock on our D-Line, which looks much better, it's just too hard to get pressure with just 4 guys in the NFL nowadays. Very few teams are able to do it. We are better off bringing 5,6,7, or even 8 and playing man coverage behind that. Smoot especially seems lost in zone coverage and gives up way too much ground. It's almost as if playing man coverage creates urgency in the minds of our guys that is lacking when they play soft. We need to play balls out. Our personell is not suited to a reactionary approach.

Also, the only way I can see Green lighting us up is if we play zone. His greatest attributess are his ability to see the field and throw the ball to spots against the zone. I think we would be better off manning up even if we don't blitz, which I know we will.[/quote]

Well if anyone knows how to gameplan for Green, Al Saunders does.

skinsnut 08-26-2007 03:44 PM

[QUOTE=12thMan;344000]Well if anyone knows how to gameplan for Green, Al Saunders does.[/QUOTE]

Excellent point...
Thanks, cause his offense sure aint working right now...at least he can bring that to the table

GusFrerotte 08-26-2007 03:51 PM

Game was a waste. D was fine, but nothing really great about it either. Ravens had a ton of penalties that killed off drives real quick so you can't chalk up this as a stellar performance for our D. Offense was vanilla. Only bright spot was Dallas Sartz's int return for a td. With JC out we were bound to have a game like this, along with the crappy weather. Dc got the stuff the Great Lakes region has been getting all weak. You are lucky not to have gotten any tornados. They were all over my area for two days.

TenandSix:Unacceptable 08-26-2007 06:45 PM

[quote=12thMan;344000]Well if anyone knows how to gameplan for Green, Al Saunders does.[/quote]

Well if anyone knows how to gameplan for Saunders, Trent Green does.

TheMalcolmConnection 08-26-2007 06:56 PM

[quote=GusFrerotte;344005]Game was a waste. [I][B]D was fine, but nothing really great about it either. [/B][/I]Ravens had a ton of penalties that killed off drives real quick so you can't chalk up this as a stellar performance for our D. Offense was vanilla. Only bright spot was Dallas Sartz's int return for a td. With JC out we were bound to have a game like this, along with the crappy weather. Dc got the stuff the Great Lakes region has been getting all weak. You are lucky not to have gotten any tornados. They were all over my area for two days.[/quote]

I have to disagree. The defense has looked nothing but great this whole preseason. Top to bottom, first to third and fourth string, we have totally outplayed the other team's defenses each time. Last night was no exception.

RobH4413 08-26-2007 07:36 PM

I'm thinking Miami only scores field goals.

The more and more I think about it, the only major question mark is our O-line, and that's only because we've got hurt/new guys that haven't played.

By the way, how awesome did our special teams look last night? That first hit by Landry has me amped up for September.

SFREDSKIN 08-26-2007 08:03 PM

[QUOTE=RobH4413;344046]I'm thinking Miami only scores field goals.[/QUOTE]

Don't underestimate Cam Cameron (In my opinion, the next offensive guru) The Chargers blew it by letting him walk away when they should have fired Marty. Mark my words watch this guy, when Gibbs steps down he would be the guy I want to coach the skins next.

irish 08-27-2007 06:57 AM

The D looked good, the O (especially the line) is terrible. The better get themselves in gear soon or it will be another long season.

manditorybidness 08-27-2007 09:13 AM

[QUOTE=dall-assblows;343913]blades was a stud with the starters. that would make [B]2 rookies starting in week 1 under williams[/B]. beast[/QUOTE]

Blades started at outside linebacker??

12thMan 08-27-2007 09:25 AM

[quote=TenandSix:Unacceptable;344041]Well if anyone knows how to gameplan for Saunders, Trent Green does.[/quote]

I'll take my chances with Al over Trent. Remember, Trent Green is in a new system too.