Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Police Want to Question Briggs Following Possible Hit and Run (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=19476)

SmootSmack 08-27-2007 11:08 AM

Police Want to Question Briggs Following Possible Hit and Run

[url=http://www.ktvz.com/Global/story.asp?S=6986877]KTVZ.com Central Oregons News, Weather and Sports Leader - Police want to talk to Bears linebacker[/url]

This could get interesting

MTK 08-27-2007 11:47 AM

Re: Police Want to Question Briggs Following Possible Hit and Run

Hopefully somebody just jacked his car and it wasn't him that wrecked it.

RobH4413 08-27-2007 11:48 AM

[LEFT][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=3]From PFT:
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia][SIZE=3]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia][SIZE=3]WSCR radio in Chicago reports that a black Lamborghini owned by Bears linebacker Lance Briggs has been found crashed and abandoned. [/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=3]Briggs reportedly was seen running from the scene of the one-car accident.[/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=3]Though we don't know whether Illinois law imposes hit-and-run liability for a one-car crash (and we invite any members of the Illinois bar to let us know what the rule is there), Briggs' motivation to leave the scene was greater than was his desire to remain with a car that costs [I]slightly[/I] more than the average horseless carriage. [/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=3]Video of the wrecked car, which Briggs supposedly bought right before the start of training camp, is [URL="http://wgntv.trb.com/news/local/morningnews/?track=nav"]right here[/URL]. [/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]

ArtMonkDrillz 08-27-2007 11:50 AM

[QUOTE=RobH4413;344134]I'm assuming alcohol was involved.[/QUOTE]
Or Lindsay Lohan!

... I'm sorry for that, I watched The Soup 3 times this weekend and I think it warped my brain.

budw38 08-27-2007 11:58 AM

Looks even better that we did not work out a trade for him ,,,,,,, Rocky looks faster than briggs anyhow .

skinsfan_nn 08-27-2007 01:26 PM

[quote=Mattyk72;344132]Hopefully somebody just jacked his car and it wasn't him that wrecked it.[/quote]

Doubt that. I would think he would know first of all that his car was gone.....? and report a 350 k car missing and just remember he's a bear......then again maybe TANK borrowed it.

I know I'm sticking my neck out there DUI possibility........

BDBohnzie 08-27-2007 01:46 PM

Well, they'll get him for wreckless driving and leaving the scene of an accident, and John Q Law will slap his wrist. However, Roger Goodell will suspend him for 32 quarters...

BleedBurgundy 08-27-2007 03:08 PM

If he was drinking, it wasn't the dumbest move to ditch the car and come back after the booze is out of his system. I mean, if no one else was involved it wasn't the worst idea as it preserves plausible deniability. I don't think there's anyway Goodell could suspend him for this.

RobH4413 08-27-2007 03:44 PM

[quote=BleedBurgundy;344195]If he was drinking, it wasn't the dumbest move to ditch the car and come back after the booze is out of his system. I mean, if no one else was involved [B]it wasn't the worst idea as it preserves plausible deniability. [/B]I don't think there's anyway Goodell could suspend him for this.[/quote]
Especially if he had a dead hooker in the back...

RMSkins 08-27-2007 03:56 PM

Good thing we kept McIntosh, instead of trading him for Briggs. The way Rocky looks now he might end up being better than Briggs. No wonder why the Bears wanted him so bad.

GhettoDogAllStars 08-27-2007 04:15 PM

[QUOTE=BleedBurgundy;344195]If he was drinking, it wasn't the dumbest move to ditch the car and come back after the booze is out of his system. I mean, if no one else was involved it wasn't the worst idea as it preserves plausible deniability. I don't think there's anyway Goodell could suspend him for this.[/QUOTE]

True. However, Hit and Run is usually a felony. I'm not sure what the laws are in Illinois, but if it is a felony then that might not be too much better than a DUI.

BleedBurgundy 08-27-2007 04:21 PM

If it's only one car involved, is that hit and run?

JoeRedskin 08-27-2007 04:42 PM

Questions for the zen masters:

If a car crashes in the woods, does it make any sound?

What sound does one car crashing make?

If I would blow a .25, should I run from a one car accident?

SmootSmack 08-27-2007 04:54 PM

The honorable Wikipedia says:

[QUOTE]Hit-and-run is the crime of colliding with a person, their personal property (including their motor vehicle), or a fixture, and failing to stop and identify oneself afterwards.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing the light pole constitutes a fixture.

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hit_and_run_(vehicular]Hit and run (vehicular - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/url])

Lady Brave 08-27-2007 05:00 PM

[quote=GhettoDogAllStars;344235]True. However, Hit and Run is usually a felony. I'm not sure what the laws are in Illinois, but if it is a felony then that might not be too much better than a DUI.[/quote]
Hit and run isn't usually a felony unless there's personal injury involved.